Let's all fall asleep watching england

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Let's all fall asleep watching england

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Eyes bleeding
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Justified logic wrote:When you can hear individual drunken camp followers singing "Engerland, Engerland, Engerland. Engerland, Engerland, Engerland. Engerland, Engerland, Engerland. Engerland, Engerland, Engerland." you know the meeting with the Russian hooligans can't come soon enough.

There will be killings over there.
If I was English, there’s no way I’d travel there.
I’ll actually be glad when/if Ireland don’t qualify, because you’ll have a load of young fellas going over expecting something like France and they’d get nothing like it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Justified logic wrote:When you can hear individual drunken camp followers singing "Engerland, Engerland, Engerland. Engerland, Engerland, Engerland. Engerland, Engerland, Engerland. Engerland, Engerland, Engerland." you know the meeting with the Russian hooligans can't come soon enough.

All the signs seem to point to Putin telling his tame guard dogs to behave themselves, and since he only cultivates contact with groups that have strong nationalist leanings they very probably will do while on home soil (especially when they would be biting the hand that feeds them if they do otherwise). There might be trouble with non-Putin thugs but I would put money on Putin's mob sorting their own fans out if that happens (somewhere away from the cameras).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:

All the signs seem to point to Putin telling his tame guard dogs to behave themselves, and since he only cultivates contact with groups that have strong nationalist leanings they very probably will do while on home soil (especially when they would be biting the hand that feeds them if they do otherwise). There might be trouble with non-Putin thugs but I would put money on Putin's mob sorting their own fans out if that happens (somewhere away from the cameras).

Very true. Nobody, but nobody, goes against Putin and he will ensure calm whilst in the media glare. He controls his media with an iron fist but he won't be able to control all those going in to report on the competition.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:If Dyer & Henderson are the answer I don't want to know the question thanks.

One abomination is bad enough but two of them together is insufferable.

One of them is fine. I think dier does a decent job in that role. U can knock them all you want but the qualifying record is inctedible in recent history.

For my money, for what it's worth, I think Dyer lives up to the sound of his name.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Dameerto wrote:

I lived in Moscow and I tell you what , dont fuck with anyone over there , not unless you want a beating of a lifetime.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:If Dyer & Henderson are the answer I don't want to know the question thanks.

One of them is fine. I think dier does a decent job in that role. U can knock them all you want but the qualifying record is inctedible in recent history.

That's 38 unbeaten in qualification games. Pretty impressive. Shame we are completely shite and embarrassing when it comes to tournaments where it really matters.

When you look at who was in that 38 it's to be expected. In fact I'd say it explains in part why England underperform when it comes to major tournaments, they haven't been tested properly in competitive games before they get there.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:43 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

That's 38 unbeaten in qualification games. Pretty impressive. Shame we are completely shite and embarrassing when it comes to tournaments where it really matters.

When you look at who was in that 38 it's to be expected. In fact I'd say it explains in part why England underperform when it comes to major tournaments, they haven't been tested properly in competitive games before they get there.

I think that hits the nail on the head.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 pm

^^^^^^^^^
if we were to be tested, we wouldn't qualify .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:When you look at who was in that 38 it's to be expected. In fact I'd say it explains in part why England underperform when it comes to major tournaments, they haven't been tested properly in competitive games before they get there.

And I think that's a problem that's exacerbated by the Wembley debt - the FA concentrate on getting 'big name' draws that will get in the crowd (either established footballing nations or teams from countries with large immigrant communities in the South) who'll treat the game as an exhibition match, rather than 'second tier' teams who'd approach a game with a bit of grit and determination, like will be faced in a major tournament when the national team comes up against countries like Iceland and Costa Rica.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

70 mins gone and no showboating yet. Just the one goal in Andorra.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum