Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pep wanted him gone , loaned or sold (One of the two ) but Delph refused.
PEP obviously gets the credit for having him there at left back now , but if it wasn’t for Delphs refusal to leave — where would we be today ???

Bertrand, maybe, or a.n.other left back.

He missed almost half of last with injury so it's hard to blame Pep for being willing to let him go, same as may happen with Kompany now.

Apparently he's been coached to play at left back since Pep has arrived.

Just looked at his injury record for last year - Sept 1 2016 till Jan 5 2017 , then he was fit and available till the end of the season.

Over the last 2 years he has been injured for around 240 days of them so let's just hope he manages to put together a long run without injury, as IMO, he has shown me that he is a far better left back defender than Mendy, from what I have seen so far - obviously nowhere near as good at going forward , but defensively he has been impressive.

Long may it continue.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PEP obviously gets the credit for having him there at left back now , but if it wasn’t for Delphs refusal to leave — where would we be today ???

Bertrand, maybe, or a.n.other left back.

He missed almost half of last with injury so it's hard to blame Pep for being willing to let him go, same as may happen with Kompany now.

Apparently he's been coached to play at left back since Pep has arrived.

Just looked at his injury record for last year - Sept 1 2016 till Jan 5 2017 , then he was fit and available till the end of the season.

Over the last 2 years he has been injured for around 240 days of them so let's just hope he manages to put together a long run without injury, as IMO, he has shown me that he is a far better left back defender than Mendy, from what I have seen so far - obviously nowhere near as good at going forward , but defensively he has been impressive.

Long may it continue.

We're being linked to the Napoli left-back whose contract runs out next summer. Whether there is any truth to it I've no idea, but Delph looks a good fit at the moment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:41 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:What does he actually know about football?

Thankfully Delph didn't do what PeP wanted.

Genius from Delph.

How did you come to that assessment mate?

NBC broke down how Delph was playing almost as a CM which opened up space for KDB and a few others to help us cause Chelsea so many problems.

He also picked Fabian as the LB for the last two matches, which I think most assumed was going to be awarded to Danilo.

I don't get that remark either. Especially since that was exactly how he played in the last game as well. The only difference was that we were lopsided then with Delph playing as an inverted fullback in possession and Walker providing width. Today they both tucked into the centre depending on which side the ball was on.

Ok, get what you mean now. I agree and so does Pep. He's already eaten humble pie in public by saying that his biggest regret last season was that he didn't play Delph more often.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:20 am

Delph playing and looking like a £30 million LB right now thanks to Pep and Delph,s mentality belief and talent . Something quite magical and timely has happened ............. a miracle perhaps ? 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:37 am

City64 wrote:Delph playing and looking like a £30 million LB right now thanks to Pep and Delph,s mentality belief and talent . Something quite magical and timely has happened ............. a miracle perhaps ? 8-)

He 's had a word with Jesus.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 pm

^^^^ Sacchi also said he's rarely seen a team play a game so well as us against Chelsea. That didn't go unnoticed by many of us but our media has been silent on it. I've never seen a team in this country play a game like it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:^^^^ Sacchi also said he's rarely seen a team play a game so well as us against Chelsea. That didn't go unnoticed by many of us but our media has been silent on it. I've never seen a team in this country play a game like it.

To be fair I saw lots and lots of praise for us following that match. Let's hope we can follow it up with a string of victories and pull away from manure.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:^^^^ Sacchi also said he's rarely seen a team play a game so well as us against Chelsea. That didn't go unnoticed by many of us but our media has been silent on it. I've never seen a team in this country play a game like it.

To be fair I saw lots and lots of praise for us following that match. Let's hope we can follow it up with a string of victories and pull away from manure.

It was a tactical masterclass, Cunty had no answer to it.
As for the rags, nothing to worry about there, they will be in the rear view mirror very soon.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 am

sheblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

It was a tactical masterclass, Cunty had no answer to it.
As for the rags, nothing to worry about there,they will be in the rear view mirror very soon.

They already are
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 pm

We have just played our best game in a long time and all the media are creaming themselves about the weekend. However, I have a niggle that bothers me about Guardiola. He was pressuring KDB recently and KDB knew it and said he was aware of what Guardiola was doing and why, because he was pushing him to be the best he can....blah blah.

I think today's presser with Guardiola saying kev is the the best but 1 is fucking school playground stuff. Pep needs to be psychologically better than that. I would imagine Kev thought pep was very predictable and he will get bored with hearing it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:20 am

Wonderwall wrote:We have just played our best game in a long time and all the media are creaming themselves about the weekend. However, I have a niggle that bothers me about Guardiola. He was pressuring KDB recently and KDB knew it and said he was aware of what Guardiola was doing and why, because he was pushing him to be the best he can....blah blah.

I think today's presser with Guardiola saying kev is the the best but 1 is fucking school playground stuff. Pep needs to be psychologically better than that. I would imagine Kev thought pep was very predictable and he will get bored with hearing it.

This is one of the reasons why Ill never warm to PG ------- as for KDB - I think he is way more intelligent than the average footballer so it won't bother him what PeP says regarding matters like the one he was quoted on.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 am

Wonderwall wrote:We have just played our best game in a long time and all the media are creaming themselves about the weekend. However, I have a niggle that bothers me about Guardiola. He was pressuring KDB recently and KDB knew it and said he was aware of what Guardiola was doing and why, because he was pushing him to be the best he can....blah blah.

I'm not following, why is saying he can't be regarded better than Messi until he's backed it up with trophies "school playground stuff"? I think that's fair comment. He says in the same quotes that he doesn't want to put too much pressure on him either.

I think psychologically he's been pretty spot on so far, as evidenced by the improvement in pretty much all of the squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am

I'm not following, why is saying he can't be regarded better than Messi until he's backed it up with trophies "school playground stuff"? I think that's fair comment. He says in the same quotes that he doesn't want to put too much pressure on him either.

I think psychologically he's been pretty spot on so far, as evidenced by the improvement in pretty much all of the squad.

Is De Bruyne truly comparable to Messi?

All this shit about "best". Who is best, Neuer or Iniesta, Dani Alves or Sergio Ramos, an apple or an orange?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 am

Justified logic wrote:

All this shit about "best". Who is best, Neuer or Iniesta, Dani Alves or Sergio Ramos, an apple or an orange?

In the context he was asked then yes, he can be compared. He was asked if DeBruyne is currently the best player in Europe?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 am

Justified logic wrote:

In the context he was asked then yes, he can be compared. He was asked if DeBruyne is currently the best player in Europe?

Hmm... on what objective measure(s)? Goals scored or assists or passes or ...?
Justified logic

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

" Asked if De Bruyne could ever reach Messi's level, Guardiola said:

" It would be a dream for me. I would love, not only for Kevin, but all the players I have had in the past to achieve the level of Messi. It would be a massive thing for my teams because we would win a lot of games. But I don't want to put pressure on Kevin's shoulders. Kevin is an outstanding, amazing player. He is a humble guy and all his team-mates love him. He wants to play every single game, he fights until the end but I don't help him by comparing him with Messi. Messi is apart. He is a guy who has scored 60 goals every season for eight or nine years." "
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:" Asked if De Bruyne could ever reach Messi's level, Guardiola said:

" It would be a dream for me. I would love, not only for Kevin, but all the players I have had in the past to achieve the level of Messi. It would be a massive thing for my teams because we would win a lot of games. But I don't want to put pressure on Kevin's shoulders. Kevin is an outstanding, amazing player. He is a humble guy and all his team-mates love him. He wants to play every single game, he fights until the end but I don't help him by comparing him with Messi. Messi is apart. He is a guy who has scored 60 goals every season for eight or nine years." "

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Original Dub

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 am

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:" Asked if De Bruyne could ever reach Messi's level, Guardiola said:

Agreed. He's not comparing like with like (position, skills, team mates, team style of play, manager, league). It isn't De Bruyne's job to score 60 goals every season.
Justified logic

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:41 am

Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Agreed. He's not comparing like with like (position, skills, team mates, team style of play, manager, league). It isn't De Bruyne's job to score 60 goals every season.

Id like him to cease mentioning anything connected to fuckign Barcelona for at least one calendar month.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum