TV money

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: TV money

Postby Chinners » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.

You're spot on, and it's all going to get worse.
We're a dying breed mate.

Amen
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well there you go. I think you are blind, maybe you do understand and are merely making excuses for naked greed.
And you do it in such a patronising manner too. Re-read your posts if you like. I wouldn't bother though, they're quite wanker ish.

imagine sitting next to him on match day...

Come & try it mate. We have 13 tickets in EL 3. Plenty of bantz & different opinions.

You can buy the beer in The Railway,Fairfield.

You on ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus, how many of our fans sound exactly like rags?. This is everything that is wrong with modern football. It's the system that was used to cripple us for years. I was always proud we weren't one of the clubs fucking over the rest of football. And now we're in bed with the bastards.

From Royston Vasey are you ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is there any evidence that we are actually pushing this move or have we just been lumped in as one of the 'Big 6' (amazing how it's now a 'Big 6' btw)?

And what have Spurs done to be in that 6 apart from not win fuck all for God knows how long?

I'm sure it was the Rags and Dippers pushing for this last time with the Dippers even mentioning it a few times recently. They're the ones trying to keep the money for themselves and fuck the rest of the league off, not realising that without the rest of the league they're literally nothing. These are the same clubs who keep muting the 'European Super League' when they decide they want more of the CL share, forcing UEFA to implement certain changes such as 'Historical' value, which gives the Rags and Dippers a greater share of the pot.

It's the likes of the Rags and Dippers who have had a hand in the majority of changes when it comes to grabbing the money, just like many years ago when they forced through the change to the distribution of gate receipts or the recent request to have greater FFP rules pushed don the PL, which would have meant the hegemony continued as no others would have a chance in the transfer market.

These are the real greedy cunts in all this.

There was that meeting a while back, that got mentioned on here at the time, with the 'big six' including us. Seems like that meeting was related to this subject. The fact 'the big six' weren't present when the proposal was put to the rest of the teams strongly indicates we knew about it and presumably were in favour of it, or at least didnt object to it.

Of course we're not going to object mate, and nor should we. The club have to look after themselves and even though I disagree with it I live with faith in the other clubs not wanting it to happen. If they do get the majority needed then something is seriously wrong, or somebody has given them a huge back-hander as compensation; again, seriously wrong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:13 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well there you go. I think you are blind, maybe you do understand and are merely making excuses for naked greed.
And you do it in such a patronising manner too. Re-read your posts if you like. I wouldn't bother though, they're quite wanker ish.

Come & try it mate. We have 13 tickets in EL 3. Plenty of bantz & different opinions.

You on ?

I used to drink the Railway, good atmosphere on a match day. Only went in for the aways, as I'd be at the game for the homes, and had a good craic with the Rags who couldn't get tickets. Amazing how many people I knew in there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

From Royston Vasey are you ?

Hello Dave?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You on ?

I used to drink the Railway, good atmosphere on a match day. Only went in for the aways, as I'd be at the game for the homes, and had a good craic with the Rags who couldn't get tickets. Amazing how many people I knew in there.

Still a good pub & pint. Joseph Holts....£2-40p !!

3 screens & good banter.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm

I think it's disgusting that we are at the vanguard of pushing for this and it just shows that the club I love has lost it's soul.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 pm

gillie wrote:I think it's disgusting that we are at the vanguard of pushing for this and it just shows that the club I love has lost it's soul.

+ 1.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Agreed.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Shakermaker90 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:20 am

I play 7 aside football every Tuesday after work with a bunch of lads I grew up with, we're all in our mid-to-late-20s all supporting different clubs. Out of the group 4 of us are season ticket holders, 3 at City and the other's a red. The other lads watch pretty every game of their respective clubs on TV and they love football, but when ever we suggest that they go to a game, a side from money, work or family commitments, a number of them say that they wouldn't want to go to a game, because they don't think it's as entertaining as watching on TV.

That to me is wrong and it's concerning that football is going that way. What chance do lower league clubs have, when even Premier League clubs aren't attractive enough for younger fans to want to part with their money on a match day. Let's not forget, City have one of the oldest (in terms of average age) fanbases in the country.

I'm not saying that TV has completely ruined football, but I think clubs are getting it wrong and there comes a point were TV companies who invest in being able to show Premier League games will start to wonder if the price they pay is right when they're showing half empty stadiums on TV. It makes people question the quality of the 'product'. Sharing the TV money out amongst the football pyramid is one of the best ways to mitigate against problems in the future.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am

Shakermaker90 wrote:I play 7 aside football every Tuesday after work with a bunch of lads I grew up with, we're all in our mid-to-late-20s all supporting different clubs. Out of the group 4 of us are season ticket holders, 3 at City and the other's a red. The other lads watch pretty every game of their respective clubs on TV and they love football, but when ever we suggest that they go to a game, a side from money, work or family commitments, a number of them say that they wouldn't want to go to a game, because they don't think it's as entertaining as watching on TV.

That to me is wrong and it's concerning that football is going that way. What chance do lower league clubs have, when even Premier League clubs aren't attractive enough for younger fans to want to part with their money on a match day. Let's not forget, City have one of the oldest (in terms of average age) fanbases in the country.

I'm not saying that TV has completely ruined football, but I think clubs are getting it wrong and there comes a point were TV companies who invest in being able to show Premier League games will start to wonder if the price they pay is right when they're showing half empty stadiums on TV. It makes people question the quality of the 'product'. Sharing the TV money out amongst the football pyramid is one of the best ways to mitigate against problems in the future.

It’s odd they think the TV is more exciting, when I find just the reverse. For me, it can be hard to concentrate on the TV unless it is a key match, whereas at the ground you can watch the crowd, grumble to the tow behind, laugh at the away fans, desperate rubyoir hands and stamp your feet to keep warm etc.

In fact if I can’t attend live, I actually prefer to filllow the game on the radio to tv.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Shakermaker90 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:I play 7 aside football every Tuesday after work with a bunch of lads I grew up with, we're all in our mid-to-late-20s all supporting different clubs. Out of the group 4 of us are season ticket holders, 3 at City and the other's a red. The other lads watch pretty every game of their respective clubs on TV and they love football, but when ever we suggest that they go to a game, a side from money, work or family commitments, a number of them say that they wouldn't want to go to a game, because they don't think it's as entertaining as watching on TV.

It’s odd they think the TV is more exciting, when I find just the reverse. For me, it can be hard to concentrate on the TV unless it is a key match, whereas at the ground you can watch the crowd, grumble to the tow behind, laugh at the away fans, desperate rubyoir hands and stamp your feet to keep warm etc.

In fact if I can’t attend live, I actually prefer to filllow the game on the radio to tv.

I completely agree with you. You can’t beat the real thing. Plus you never get a true representation of the game on TV. I understand where you coming from Radio in some ways is better as the commentary typically can be a bit more partisan
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Chinners » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Radio is great unless it's Alan 'fucling' Green commentating!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ruralblue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Chinners wrote:Radio is great unless it's Alan 'fucling' Green commentating!

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Of late I have struggled to get streams so have reverted to just tuning in on matchday live. I dont get to see the goals till a bit later but there is something nostalgic about it for me. Prior to internet feeds, digital radio and with us being in lower divisions, if I couldn't get to the game I used to have to get a bus up to Holme so I could manage to get a wireless reception for GMR.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:Radio is great unless it's Alan 'fucling' Green commentating!

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Of late I have struggled to get streams so have reverted to just tuning in on matchday live. I dont get to see the goals till a bit later but there is something nostalgic about it for me. Prior to internet feeds, digital radio and with us being in lower divisions, if I couldn't get to the game I used to have to get a bus up to Holme so I could manage to get a wireless reception for GMR.

I always liked Fred Eyre’s commentary on Radio Manchester with Ian Cheeseman.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum