Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:42 am

Hughes, Guardiola represent first and latest chapters of Man City revival
It is almost 10 years since Manchester City then-owner Thaksin Shinawatra received an offer to purchase the club from a hitherto unknown buyer calling itself Abu Dhabi United. In that time, the club has grown at breakneck speed and now sits proudly among the elite of the Premier League and the small group of clubs that have the wherewithal to win the Champions League.
When the initial investment came flooding in, the club was given an immediate boost, breaking the British transfer record on the very same day to capture Real Madrid star Robinho from under the nose of Chelsea. David Conn, writing in World Soccer, called it an "epoch-changing takeover," while the normally taciturn magazine's cover screamed "the deal that will change football forever."
While that may have been over-egging the cake a little, it has certainly transformed Manchester City and altered the fault lines of the league they compete in. What had become a cozy cartel at the top of the league, featuring serial Champions League participants Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal, was mortally damaged, allowing not only City to see a glimpse of light, but also subsequently paving the way for the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Leicester City.
It was, in many ways, the moment that has brought us the slightly more open playing field we see at the top of the Premier League these days, with old behemoths Liverpool and Manchester United struggling to keep pace with new, upwardly mobile clubs.
The arrival of Stoke City to the Etihad this weekend will bring those heady days back to the forefront of many City supporters' minds. Manager Mark Hughes was the man wearing the bemused expression when the football world was turned upside down in Manchester in 2008.
Hughes had come to City on June 4, just three months before City's new circumstances threw a global spotlight onto the Welshman. Writing in the match programme for Robinho's debut game against Chelsea, Hughes's bewilderment was palpable: "It has been quite a fortnight for Manchester City, hasn't it?" he wrote breathlessly. "The news of an imminent club takeover followed by the breaking of the British transfer record all in one day ensured that the football spotlight was well and truly on the blue half of Manchester on 1 September 2008."
That spotlight, as bright as it was harsh in those opening months, was on Hughes too, as he struggled with a side that had suddenly been spoon-fed one of the world's most gifted players. For Hughes, making a player of Robinho's pedigree gel with the likes of Michael Ball and Valeri Bojinov was one thing; managing the supporters' burgeoning expectations quite another.
"I came to the football club with the intention of winning things," the new manager continued, but it would not be until his successor Roberto Mancini arrived a year and a half later that City would make the breakthrough, winning the FA Cup, against Stoke City of all teams, after a trophy-less period of 33 years.
There were many who reckoned Hughes to be incapable of managing a club endowed so suddenly with such an enormous transfer budget. Dealing with world superstars is not easy at the best of times and if, as the manager, your name does not carry the weight of men who have seen trophy-laden action at the football cathedrals of Lazio, Internazionale, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona, as the subsequent occupiers of City's hot seat have, things can get a little tricky.
Hughes was a man overtaken by circumstances, perhaps the most unexpected circumstances that one could possibly have imagined for Manchester City at the time. That he struggled to get maximum reward from the bursting purse strings can be put down partly to the suddenness of the changes and partly to the newness of the environment for a man who had previously only been in charge of a down-at-heel Wales and a fading Blackburn Rovers. At Ewood Park, there had also been a generous budget, but the glory years under Jack Walker were beginning to dissipate and the media spotlight was far more forgiving.
Pep Guardiola, who will stand face to face with Hughes this weekend, has inherited the City job at a completely different phase of the regeneration of the club. It is now maturing into one of the continent's big-hitters. Guardiola, no stranger to steering the world's biggest clubs to titles on a global stage, is showing serious signs of getting to grips with a notoriously difficult club to keep on the straight and narrow. Even with its newfound wealth, City have successfully maintained a reputation for quirkiness.
As with Hughes's introduction of Robinho, the Premier League reconvenes after an international break. It is up to the present incumbent of the City hot seat to maintain the upwardly mobile form of the early rounds into the critical autumn period. If he can do this, City's epoch-changing developments will have reached another stage in the club's remarkable renaissance

Women's Champions League: Manchester City Women v St Polten (3-0 agg)
Manchester City take a 3-0 lead into the second leg against Austrian side St Polten as they bid to join Chelsea in the Women's Champions League last 16.
The Women's FA Cup winners are at home for Thursday's second leg (19:00 BST) after a dominant victory away at the Austrian league winners on 4 October.
City will be without Germany star Pauline Bremer, after she fractured her leg in Saturday's 3-2 win at Everton.
English rivals Chelsea overcame Bayern Munich on away goals on Wednesday.
Progression for City - who have won all four of their matches in all competitions so far this season - would see two English sides in the draw for the last 16 for the first time since 2013-14.

Man City loanee impressing Pep Guardiola’s staff, could be set for return to club
Signed from Vasco da Gama on a €12m deal this summer, Douglas Luiz hasn’t had a chance to play for Manchester City yet.
Right after moving to England, the Brazilian midfielder was immediately sent on loan to partner club Girona, where he’s been slowly earning his place in the team.
And Pep Guardiola’s staff don’t seem to regret that decision, because according to a story from UOL today, they are very satisfied with the player’s development in Spain.
The outlet explains Manchester City loanees are followed by two groups of professionals: the scouts in the countries they’re playing, and the staff who analyse the videos at the club’s headquarters.
Douglas would be pleasing both sides, with his biggest qualities being his high levels of concentration, his physical challenges and aggressiveness.
UOL claims that if the 19-year-old keeps this form, there are chances he will return to City next summer to make part of the preseason. That’s what Guardiola normally does with other youngsters, and Douglas could finally have his chance to wear Manchester City’s shirt.

Former Blackburn winger Jason Wilcox appointed director of Manchester City's academy
Former Blackburn winger Jason Wilcox has been appointed as Manchester City's academy director.
The 46-year-old, who won the Premier League title with Blackburn in 1995, had been in the role on an interim basis since June and has now take on the position on a full-time basis.
Wilcox, who also played for Leeds, Leicester and Blackpool, joined the City academy coaching staff five years ago, coaching the under-18s squad to a national championship title and two FA Youth Cup finals.
In the summer of 2016 he was appointed head of academy coaching and has helped to oversee the academy's relocation from Platt Lane to its current location in east Manchester
Wilcox, who won three caps for England, said: 'I have really enjoyed my time at Manchester City over the last five years and I am excited to take on this new challenge at the club as academy director.
'The City Football Academy is a state of the art youth development facility, but the passion and the commitment of the staff and players will really make a difference to what we can achieve going forward.
'Our goal is to develop well-rounded, talented individuals on and off the pitch and I am relishing the opportunity to help us meet this objective day in and day out.'
Wilcox, who also played for Leeds, joined the academy coaching staff five years ago

SERGIO AGUERO has conceded a deal to bring Lionel Messi to Manchester City would be “complicated”.
Messi scored a stunning hat-trick last night as he helped Argentina reach the World Cup finals next year in Russia with a 3-1 win over Ecuador.
The 30-year-old is in talks over a contract extension to keep him at Barcelona for a further four years, which could be his last major deal for the Catalan giants.
Pep Guardiola is eager to be reunited with Messi, who he previously worked with at Barca.
Aguero in the meantime, was linked with a move away from the Etihad over the summer, but nothing materialised.
Lionel Messi has been a figurehead for Barcelona for the past decade
And Aguero has rated City’s chances of landing Messi in the future.
“The money isn't a problem here," Aguero told TyC Sport.
"But I think Messi, like [Cristiano] Ronaldo, are players who are symbols of their clubs and it's difficult for them to leave.
Sergio Aguero would love to have Lionel Messi at Manchester City
"I would love to have Leo on my team, but that seems quite complicated.”
Aguero and City meanwhile will be looking to continue their strong start to the season when they host Stoke on Saturday (3pm).
Messi on the other hand will be eager to extend Barcelona's lead at the top of the La Liga table when they face Atletico Madrid on Saturday (7.45pm).

Sky voice their unease with Amazon set to finalise £10m deal with Manchester City for Etihad documentary series
Manchester City are finalising the details of a highly lucrative fly-on-the-wall documentary series with Amazon Prime despite opposition from Premier League rights holders.
It is understood City are being paid more than £10million for allowing Amazon access to all areas around the club for a season to film behind the scenes content for a number of programmes featuring Pep Guardiola’s side.
But Sky are known to have voiced their understandable unease at Amazon being able to buy their way into the Etihad Stadium when the sports subscription service have paid more than £4billion for their current Premier League rights, which works out at £11m a match.
The Premier League have also made it clear they have strict regulations around match-day coverage to protect the rights of Sky and BT Sports, as well as their numerous overseas partners.
The Premier League restrictions have led to Netflix — Amazon’s great rivals in the sports documentary sphere — this week signing up Juventus instead for a similar project.
An email sent from Netflix headquarters in Los Angeles to UK contacts stated the big issue, which they did not know how to solve, was the Premier League controlling game-day access, so that getting match footage as well as material from the dug-out and dressing room would be ‘very tricky’.
In contrast, the Juventus deal will let Netflix produce four hour-long documentaries next year following the main characters on and off the field. It includes access to Serie A footage and inside the dressing room.
A Juventus spokesman said: ‘It’s a source of pride that Juventus is the first football club to be the subject of a Netflix original docu-series.’
Amazon declined to comment about the City partnership or its believed cost.
The Juventus deal will let Netflix produce four hour-long documentaries next year
MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53081

Gabriel Jesus Insists He Is 'Evolving' as a Player Since Move to Manchester City
Following his move from Brazilian side Palmeiras to Manchester City in January 2016, Gabriel Jesus has come on leaps and bounds by his own estimation.
After his £27m move, the 20-year-old has been demonstrating on a weekly basis that he has the capabilities to be a top striker in the English top-flight.
In quotes published by the Daily Mirror, the Brazilian international claims he has evolved drastically as a player since moving to the Citizens.
“I’m evolving, not only as a professional, but also in the head, in the mind,” claimed Jesus. “I’m evolving more than last year, with many experiences in the national team and in Europe - this is doing me good."
The striker demonstrated again why City fans need not worry, after the injury to Sergio Aguero, by notching a brace for the Selecao to ensure their place in next year's World Cup in Russia.
Domestically for Manchester City, he has also shown his versatility, playing in a front two alongside Aguero to devastating affect while also playing up front on his own.
Although he has been highly impressive for club and country, the young forward has shown a maturity and awareness to not rest on his laurels, which is a testament to his character.
“I will continue doing what I have always done, whether in Manchester or in the national team," added the Manchester City striker.
“I’m very happy about what I’ve been showing everyone, but I know I have to keep working, running, showing that I should be selected.”
With four goals already in seven league appearances while also showing he means business on the international stage, the Brazilian forward could evolve further into one of the world's greatest players.

Man City have found the successor to their greatest ever player - Ian Cheeseman
Have Manchester City finally found a player who can truly be compared to the great Colin Bell?
I believe they have, though I also believe that comparing players from different generations is almost impossible, and the truth is there will only one Colin Bell.
Since I started watching City, back in the multi-trophy winning era of the late 1960s and early 70s, during which Colin was firmly established as my favourite player, I’ve seen many players compared to my hero.
As David Silva emerged as one of the all-time greats, there have been some who’ve tried to make the comparison, and I too have grown to love watching Merlin’s unique skill-set work it’s magic on the field.
Even though I agree with the sentiments behind the comparisons, and it’s true they are both attacking midfielders, they are also very different in style, so suggesting David is the new Colin is a step too far for me.
I certainly believe that Michael Johnson, who broke into City’s first team in 2006, was a player that had the potential to be truly compared to King Colin.
We’ll never know whether Johnson could have blossomed into the player I believe he could and should have been. A combination of injury and personal problems brought his career to a very premature end.
By the time Sergio Aguero was scoring THAT goal against QPR, Michael’s career was over; even now he’s still only 29 and could have been at the peak of his career playing alongside the great players of the Pep Guardiola era.
But just recently I have come to the conclusion that the heir to Colin’s legacy is Kevin De Bruyne.
He has all of the King’s attributes. He can score with either foot. Just think back to the sweet left foot strike that won the game at Chelsea despite being principally right footed.
De Bruyne has that fantastic range of short and long passing Colin was famed for, and I saw with my own eyes.
KDB has an eye for a killer pass and there’s no better supplier of the assist than the Belgian. He’s fit too, plays in almost every game.
Colin’s nickname was Nijinsky, after the triple crown winning racehorse of the 1960s, famed for his stamina. De Bruyne looks just as much a thoroughbred in that regard.
If Philippe Coutinho was said to be worth £140 million of Barcelona’s money when the bids were coming in this summer, then what would De Bruyne be worth, or indeed Colin Bell, if he were playing in this era?
I’m not sure I could put a price on the true value of either player, but a whole lot more I would suggest - if indeed you agree with the outrageous transfer fees, which seem to have become acceptable and the norm in 2017.
Another quality that shines through in De Bruyne, and has a strong parallel with King Colin, is that De Bruyne is the perfect team player.
There are no signs of ego, just supreme confidence and while Colin’s modesty and reluctance to stand in the media spotlight are well known, I get the feeling that Kevin also shares some of those personality traits.
Much more importantly though is that they’re both the very best at what they do. Natural talents who come along once in a generation, and are born winners.
As I watch De Bruyne’s ginger locks flow, as he majestically and efficiently delivers another perfect pass or scores another crucial goal for the Blues, I can’t help seeing Bell’s blond hair blowing in the wind, in my mind’s eye, doing much the same as Kevin does for this generation.
Maybe it won’t be long before fans are singing, “No 1, is KDB, no 2 is KDB…”, an adoption of King Colin’s terrace chant I still hear occasionally today.
MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=52969

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Barcelona chief executive Oscar Grau has claimed his club are prepared to make another attempt to sign Liverpool's Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 25, when the transfer window opens in January. (Guardian)

Liverpool will continue to refuse to enter into negotiations with Barcelona over the transfer of Coutinho. (Independent)

Alternatively, Liverpool have agreed to allow Coutinho to leave for the Nou Camp in January in a deal worth £98.6m. (Mundo Deportivo via Daily Mail)

Manager Jose Mourinho is ready to sign a new £65m five-year Manchester United contract. (Sun)

Manchester United's Spanish playmaker Juan Mata, 29, has turned down the chance to move to the Chinese Super League. (Daily Mirror)

England midfielder Jack Wilshere, 25, is understood to be considering leaving Arsenal in January in a bid to boost his chances of earning a spot in Gareth Southgate's World Cup squad. (Mirror)

Paris St-Germain right-back Dani Alves has said that it would be "great" if his club could sign attacker Alexis Sanchez, 28, whose contract at Arsenal expires at end of the season. (Cooperativa - in Spanish)

Talks over extending Mesut Ozil's contract at Arsenal are "going in a positive way", according to the agent of the 28-year-old German midfielder. (Independent) 
Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson is targeting experienced Premier League players in January as he bids to steer the club clear of relegation. (Daily Mail)

Palace will resist any renewed approach from Leicester for 26-year-old winger Andros Townsend. (Independent)

Palace may be prepared to sell England international Townsend to Leicester to help fund their capture of a much-needed striker. (Sun)

Bristol City are one of four English clubs chasing 19-year-old Motherwell winger Adam Livingstone. (Motherwell Times)

Chelsea fear France midfielder N'Golo Kante, 26, could miss all six October games with a hamstring injury. (Telegraph)

Arsenal will play Liverpool at 12:30 BST on Christmas Eve. (Daily Star)

Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe says it is his dream to make England's World Cup squad in Russia next year. (Sky Sports)

Leicester forward Ahmed Musa has opened a petrol station in Nigeria. (Daily Mail)

Brazilian journalists have picked out Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea as offering the best food to the press in a county whose "cuisine has never been among the hottest in the world". (UOL - in Portuguese)

Colombia striker Radamel Falcao and Peru midfielder Renato Tapia have admitted discussing the fact that a draw would suit both teams in the closing stages of their World Cup qualifying match on Tuesday night. (Telegraph)

Mario Balotelli has uploaded a video of himself and a friend racing on a pair of miniature motorbikes. (Instagram)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaE8OcLAizZ/

Arsenal forward Mesut Ozil, 28, is set to stay at the club, because no other side is willing to pay his £330,000-a-week wage demands. (Sun)

Tottenham full-back Danny Rose is set for a move to Manchester United. Chelsea are also interested in Rose, but the 27-year-old favours a move to United to work with manager Jose Mourinho. (Daily Star)

Real Madrid are prepared to offer former Tottenham players Luka Modric, 32, and 28-year-old Gareth Bale, as well as forward Karim Benzema, 29, to Spurs as part of a swap deal for striker Harry Kane, 24. (Diario Gol, via Daily Star)

The European champions would consider selling Wales forward Bale to Manchester United if they could recoup the £85m they paid for him. (El Confidencial, via Metro)

GOLDEN BOLLOX
On this day in 2013
Watch out Man United, the noisy neighbours are set to get even louder as City unveil plans for 61,500 stadium
Manchester City have revealed ambitious plans to expand the capacity of the Etihad Stadium to 61,500.
Both ends of the stadium, owned by Manchester council, would be lifted to accommodate an extra tier and 13,500 seats.
The scheme would make the Etihad the third-largest venue in domestic football in Britain and City plan to apply for planning permission next month.

Dramatic: An artist impression of the Etihad stadium expansion plans

City are offering their 36,000 season card holders the opportunity to buy up to four more season cards.
Members of the club's Blue scheme will also be invited to apply.
Officials will then gauge levels of interest before deciding to extend one or both ends of the stadium, which was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games although permission will be sought for both.
A source quoted by the Manchester Evening News said: 'It has to be commercially viable.'

Ambitious: Both ends would be lifted to accommodate 13,500 more fans

Cost: The proposed seating plan for the redeveloped stadium

A glossy leaflet to be sent to fans reads: 'Opportunities like this only happen once in a blue moon.'
It added: 'As the team grows, our fanbase grows and our home has to grow.'
Season card holders will also be offered the chance to move from their existing seats.

City linked with Real Madrid star, Bayern forward's dig at City attack
Manchester City are thought to be one of the clubs interested in signing Real Madrid star Sergio Ramos. The Spanish defender is apparently at odds with the Spanish giants over a pay rise dispute and City are thought to be one of the teams with an offer ready to put to the defender.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has admitted the thought of leaving the club and going back to Argentina crossed his mind over the summer.
“I love Independiente and when they were relegated I even thought about moving back there. I wanted to help the club to go up again. I definitely thought about it, but my agent told me City would have killed us,” he told the Sun.
Another Manchester City forward Stevan Jovetic says he’s looking to dent England’s chances of going to the World Cup next summer. Jovetic is expected to lead Montenegro’s attack in the match against England at Wembley tomorrow.
“I am very excited by the game - For us it is even more important this time because we have two games left in the group and if we get good results, we can qualify for the World Cup finals for the first time,” he told the City website.
Celtic and England goalkeeper Fraser Forster has backed Joe Hart to rediscover his best form. Hart made errors in City’s Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich which led to speculation that Forster would replace him for England, but Roy Hodgson has said Hart will start the matches against Montenegro and Poland.

Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller has criticised the Manchester City attack, suggesting the club’s strikers didn’t do enough in the recent Champions League meeting between the clubs.
“Manchester had two attackers who - and I exaggerate a bit - sat in their deckchairs the halfway line when we were in possession. No attacker is allowed to do that at Bayern or the Germany team,” Muller told Kicker.

Former Manchester City defender Kolo Toure says he had to leave the club to get more playing time. Toure joined Liverpool after his contract with the club expired at the end of last season and says the decision was motivated by playing time and fitness concerns.
Manchester City players and staff have donated personal cash to try and drive down the cost of away tickets for fans. City are subjected to some of the highest prices for away tickets in the Premier League.

Manchester City star Aguero considered summer return to Independiente
The 25-year-old was devastated when his former club were relegated from the top flight this year and admits that he was tempted to help them out before realising that he could not
Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero considered rejoining Independiente over the summer when his former club were relegated from the Argentine top flight.
The 25-year-old began his career with the Primera B Nacional side in his homeland before making the move to Europe with Atletico Madrid in 2006, five years before he joined City.
And the striker, who has four goals in six Premier League appearances so far this season, has now revealed that he pondered returning to Argentina prior to the start of the new campaign in a bid to restore his old team's status.
"I love Independiente and, when they were relegated, I even thought about moving back there," Aguero told The Sun.
"I wanted to help the club to go up again. I definitely thought about it but my agent told me City would have killed us if we had.
"I know my job is at City, I am just saying the thought passed my mind when Independiente went down.
"I've been very happy at City since the day I came but I'm definitely going to back Independiente in a few years as I want to finish my career there."

Newcastle In Talks On Manchester City Defender
Not a day is going by now without Newcastle being linked to at least one player in advance of the January window.
The justification being that Newcastle United are a club that will once again do business in the winter window rather than summer.
A number of media organisations are claiming that Newcastle have held informal talks with Manchester City about their defender, Micah Richards.
While he has just less than two years left on his contract and hasn’t made a start this season under their new manager, I just can’t see how deals like this will, rightly or wrongly, ever come to pass under Mike Ashley.
Richards is undoubtedly a decent player and even if you take away his ambitions and the other clubs that would be sure to be interested, the talk is of a £15m price on the defender’s head and it is hard to imagine him taking a pay cut from the mega wages he’ll be on at Manchester City.
When we are linked with a foreign player I’ve never heard of and have to constantly check the spelling of his name when I’m typing, I always feel there is at least a very small chance there could be something in it.
When it is an established Premier League player on established Premier League wages at one of the top clubs…forget it.

David Silva says he's keeping calm about reports of a Manchester City exit
A few days ago, we found an article on the Mundo Deportivo website stating that Real Madrid and Florentino Pérez were already preparing their winter transfer window player list, and amongst them were names such as Sergio Agüero, Ramires and Falcao.
This same article also linked Manchester City's star attacking midfielder David Silva to the Spanish giants: “The name of David Silva, a player Real Madrid have also been linked with in the past, has reemerged, and a reported bid of €60m could be made in order to acquire the Spaniard's services. However, this bid, if ever made, is most likely scheduled for next summer”.
It seems that the rumours have reached the player and in an interview on Cadena Cope's “El Partido de los 12” (the same radio show that broke the Thiago to Bayern Munich story), David Silva took some time to clear the air on the rumours surrounding him: “I prefer not to say anything on the subject. I'm very happy in Manchester and I think this is similar to what happens every year. There are always rumours and, in the end, the player has to be calm. I renewed my contract because I am happy over there (in Manchester).
The ex-Valencia player signed a five year contract extension last summer with the Manchester club, taking his contract to June 2017.
To us, this seems exactly like what David Silva said: the yearly “Real Madrid to sign someone big and spend even more money than they already have” rumours. Manchester City fans, I really wouldn't worry too much.
This all seems to be stemming from Özil's departure; something a lot of Real Madrid fans are struggling to understand.

Manchester United manager David Moyes plans to strengthen his midfield with a January move for Derby County's England Under-21 international Will Hughes, 18. Independent

Spain international striker Fernando Llorente, 28, could join Arsenal from Juventus in January. Daily Mirror

Fulham's Switzerland Under-21 midfielder Pajtim Kasami, 21, is being lined up by Italian club Juventus. Daily Express

New Galatasaray boss Roberto Mancini wants to sign Manchester United's Ecuador international Antonio Valencia, 28, for £12.5m in January. Daily Express

Galatasaray chairman Unal Aysal has encouraged Chelsea to make a bid for their Turkey forward Burak Yilmaz, 28. talkSHIT

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has urged Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic, 31, to quit the club and join him in Turin. Metro

Norwich City's Premier League target this season is a top-10 finish, says chairman Alan Bowkett. Norwich Evening News

Sunderland's new manager Gus Poyet has promised the Black Cats fans a team to be proud of. Daily Mirror

West Brom's injured keeper Ben Foster has praised his stand-in Boaz Myhill. Express and Star

Liverpool owner John W Henry believes the return of Kenny Dalglish as a non-executive director will help the club become the dominant force in English football once again. Liverpool Echo

Ex-Montenegro striker Andrija Delibasic, 32, says England cannot handle pressure. Daily Star

Ex-QPR full-back Jose Bosingwa, 31, says his former manager Harry Redknapp is "confused" and accused him of "thinking he is Alex Ferguson". Independent

Berti Vogts tried to convince a 16-year-old Wayne Rooney to play for Scotland, when the German was coach of the national team. Sun

Lothar Matthaus, captain of the West Germany team that won the 1990 World Cup, says it is "outrageous" that court papers with his name on were returned with the word 'deceased'. Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:28 am

Cheers Chinners, quite positive bollox today for a change.

It’s good to see the position on Coutinho is clear with no contradictory reports at all!

I wonder why no one is prepared to pay a fortune in wages to Ozil ;) . Wilshere could find himself in the same position if he tries to leave in January.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 am

Top WAG Chinners
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Michael Johnson's health misfortunes is still the biggest regret of my City supporting spell of life.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Swales4ever wrote:Michael Johnson's health misfortunes is still the biggest regret of my City supporting spell of life.

it's very low down on the long list that i have
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:Michael Johnson's health misfortunes is still the biggest regret of my City supporting spell of life.

it's very low down on the long list that i have

that's exactly why I felt the need to insert that "my City supporting spell of life" bit, mate.

I stand no comparison to a lifelong suffering Blue.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Return to The Maine Football forum