Amazon versus Sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Amazon versus Sky

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Anything that pisses sky off, Im all for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ntary.html
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Amazon versus Sky

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Get the fuck in!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 pm

I was left under the media portrayed impression that MCFC sole sources of marketing revenue had all direct link with The Royal Emirate of Abu Dhabi...
oh well... the bonus is that I already subscribed AmazonPrime service and they are now granting City related contents: happy days!

Sky and BT can do one. :D

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:25 am

Where was Sky's 'unease' when Liverpool did a documentary series for TV while Bren Tan was in charge?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 am

Dameerto wrote:Where was Sky's 'unease' when Liverpool did a documentary series for TV while Bren Tan was in charge?

I didn't watch any of it but research tells me it was about their pre-season tour and was shown on Fox in the US. Also, the terms of the PL coverage may have changed since that time with the latest TV deal.

In separate news, The Sun reported the likelihood of a City documentary in glowing terms last month. :? :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... zon-prime/
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 am

Probably a pre-cursor of the next deal, when Amazon and Facebook blow SKY and BT out the water.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Where was Sky's 'unease' when Liverpool did a documentary series for TV while Bren Tan was in charge?

I didn't watch any of it but research tells me it was about their pre-season tour and was shown on Fox in the US. Also, the terms of the PL coverage may have changed since that time with the latest TV deal.

In separate news, The Sun reported the likelihood of a City documentary in glowing terms last month. :? :lol:

It was on TV in the UK. I think it might have been ITV 4 (edit: Channel 5). I didn't watch it, but was aware of it, and it got mentioned on here a few times.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 pm

not sure how to feel about this. always love watching city content but i think this one could be cringey. 10M is nice i suppose.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

It was on TV in the UK. I think it might have been ITV 4 (edit: Channel 5). I didn't watch it, but was aware of it, and it got mentioned on here a few times.

Did we ever find out who was in Brentan Rogers famous envelope?

It was a cringeworthy documentary
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:not sure how to feel about this. always love watching city content but i think this one could be cringey. 10M is nice i suppose.

More whoring by our club .... oh well
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Did we ever find out who was in Brentan Rogers famous envelope?

It was a cringeworthy documentary

I'm still laughing at him stealing the RAF's Latin motto and trying to pass it off as his own pearl of wisdom.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Chinners wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:not sure how to feel about this. always love watching city content but i think this one could be cringey. 10M is nice i suppose.

Whoring......show some respect & understanding of the changes taking place in global sports broadcasting.

City at the forefront as usual but some too blinkered to see it.

Watch this space.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Chinners wrote:

Whoring......show some respect & understanding of the changes taking place in global sports broadcasting.

Watch this space.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:54 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Watch this space.

Got to agree with CPB on this one - Chinners , it's the way of the business world ffs...how the fuck do you think we are able to watch the world class players week in and week out ? by getting local businessmen to sponsor us ?

Come on..we all loved yesteryear when we were fuckign shit and a joke more often than not......now we have respect across the globe.

Im all for it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Oh I get it Carl, and of course it's fantastic with the facilities, players etc. Just know what my response would be if it was Maureen and co trailblazing this for a mere £10mil

CPB - City have never been at the forefront 'as usual' and I saw you're post . . . . twice, so that blinkered bollox is nonsense as well.

Hooray for us!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mr_nool » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Chinners wrote:Oh I get it Carl, and of course it's fantastic with the facilities, players etc. Just know what my response would be if it was Maureen and co trailblazing this for a mere £10mil

CPB - City have never been at the forefront 'as usual' and I saw you're post . . . . twice, so that blinkered bollox is nonsense as well.

Hooray for us!!

I think we have been at the forefront the last few years when it comes to global marketing, social media, building a franchise, etc.

I far from agree with a lot of it from my personal, old school fan perspective, but I do think the club is being very proactive and that we're anticipating the inevitable change to "tailored sports broadcasting", by getting in bed with the players of tomorrow: Netflix, Amazon and Facebook.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Chinners wrote:Oh I get it Carl, and of course it's fantastic with the facilities, players etc. Just know what my response would be if it was Maureen and co trailblazing this for a mere £10mil

Hooray for us!!

Why are you so emotional.agressive & personal in your posts. You may be a vet on here but that doesn't always make you right or fully informed.

City have been at the forefront of thinking & actions from the moment HHSM became our leader. His vision has shaken the established order to its core & he's only just started. He won't settle for second in anything !!

As for what the rags do,think or say.....so what. They're so far behind us it's irrelevant !!

As I said,show some respect to the club & fellow posters. We're Blues not rags.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:

Hooray for us!!

Why are you so emotional.agressive & personal in your posts. You may be a vet on here but that doesn't always make you right or fully informed.

City have been at the forefront of thinking & actions from the moment HHSM became our leader. His vision has shaken the established order to its core & he's only just started. He won't settle for second in anything !!

As for what the rags do,think or say.....so what. They're so far behind us it's irrelevant !!

As I said,show some respect to the club & fellow posters. We're Blues not rags.

please don't get me wrong, CPB, I agree with your point.
to be exact, I find Noolie's point of particular intelligence and vigilance.

but Chiners is never being emotional.agressive & personal, he's just being Chinners.

It's not a matter of seniority, it's just that he is the one who can call me a rag and expect I gonna take a 24hrs breath...
You don't wanna fire buckshots at your own panda. :ugeek:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Hooray for us!!

It wouldn't happen as Sky are MUTV. We're giving those cunts a kick up the arse.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:

Hooray for us!!

I think you are confusing Chinners with people like me...Chinners is a gentleman 24/7 where as I'm the kind of cunt that gets emotional, personal and aggressive more often than not.

FYI This site is probably not what you are used to, as here we have a lot of freedom of speech - exactly how it should be dont you think ? That's what makes this site shit loads better than other mother Teresa sites and its been like this since 1999 until we morphed into this site , so I don't think you're going to change fuckall with your request on less aggression , emotions and personal fuckign digs )))
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum