***city v napoli official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***city v napoli official cl match thread***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 am

the battle of the belgians - de bruyne vs mertens in what is likely to be our toughest test of the season so far...
napoli are having a stormer in the league and are currently top...
8 games / 8 wins
26 goals for / 5 against
Last edited by Nigels Tackle on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: next: napoli

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:34 am

It will be a game for the football purists, especially after Pep singled them out last month as one of the best in Europe just before they lost their opening group game.

I can see a good game here, I think the Italian defensive mentality will come.e to the fore though as it's a must not lose game for Napoli. A point will be seen as an excellent results for them. If there is an early goal, it might turn into a classic. If not it might be a dull game.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am

Is this on Freeview in the UK? Seems to be the choice fixture for most countries around Europe, from what I've seen. If not, has City's Freeview group game been selected by BT yet?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

Think WW punditry is pretty solid, particularly if there's truth in the headline I read somewhere, quoting Napoli owner as saying they should rest players ahead top Serie A clash with Inter.

Just wanna add that, since the draw, I regarded this tie as the one reality check on City progress.
Pep is probably a tad exaggerated in his praise when rating them among top 3 European best, but I am convinced that because of its features Napoli is probably the perfect fit to pose problems to City.
Specular (lower quality content) Juego de Position fanatics but with addition with a tad of that counter-attacking competence, somehow imprinted in Italians successfull outfits as per WW, and with a few players featuring skills and competences particularly fit at the break.

Should City prove able to keep the passing game control comfartably unscanted against them, I 'll continue to pay my due respect to all fellas who feel the need to show off what I call their "anti-arragonce antibodies", but inthe same time I will feel entitled to laugh off at any irrational assessments of the season perspectives.
barring, off course, an unprecedented spell of calamities in shape of combined key injuries and overly bent officiatings.
Last edited by Swales4ever on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am

Should be a cracker . Napoli will test us but even the very best Italian teams of the past play a cautious game in the CL so expext Napoli to be no different . We on the other hand are playing the best explosive clinical football I have ever witnessed . Bit of a tactical nightmare for any away team coming to the Etihad to say the very least should be a great game !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am

TV3 in Ireland snub City once again. As a spectacle it makes no sense but of course they are showing Maribor V Liverpool over City v Napoli.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am

Green & Blue wrote:TV3 in Ireland snub City once again. As a spectacle it makes no sense but of course they are showing Maribor V Liverpool over City v Napoli.

You may be in luck if that fucking hurricane today wipes TV3 satellites out ! Just sayin !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Is this on Freeview in the UK? Seems to be the choice fixture for most countries around Europe, from what I've seen. If not, has City's Freeview group game been selected by BT yet?

It took some searching but it looks like this weeks Showcase game is the fookin rags against Benfica!!!!!

God's Own v Napoli UEFA Champions League Group Stage19:45 BT Sport 3 / BT Sport 4K UHD

Benfica v Man Ure UEFA Champions League Group Stage19:45 BT Sport Showcase / BT Sport 2 (Wednesday)

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-f ... sport.html
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:40 am

Napoli president turning all Maureen with this BS.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Pep: I like to watch Napoli as a spectator,it’s a fascinating challenge for me to try to beat them, I’m sure the fans who come will enjoy it

#PEP: We can always do better, if we think we've reached our highest level now then we are done. #cityvsscn
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:55 am

CTID Hants wrote:Napoli president turning all Maureen with this BS.....

if by that you mean he's palying mind games, i'm not so sure. they are clearly prioritising their league campaign this season - one reason they lost to shakhtar. that said, i'm sure they'll play a full strnegth side against us. the world will be watching this and they won't want to be embarrassed.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Napoli president turning all Maureen with this BS.....

if by that you mean he's palying mind games, i'm not so sure. they are clearly prioritising their league campaign this season - one reason they lost to shakhtar. that said, i'm sure they'll play a full strnegth side against us. the world will be watching this and they won't want to be embarrassed.

We'll possibly start to see this more and more these days - teams from strong leagues with not much hope of progressing past the last 16 putting all their focus on the league, and just cashing in on the group stages, so as to hopefully get first place in their domestic league and a Pot 1 place in next season's CL, or simply to ensure CL football for next season.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 pm

The result is a big carrot for us tomorrow. A win puts us on 9 points and depending how the other fixture goes it could see us needing one more win to secure top spot.

It would be great to be able to send out a second string in our final CL group game which is away at Shakhtar on the Wednesday before the Derby.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm

I was watching a program on the radio just before the season started. A European football thingy when the expert said Napoli would be one of the best teams in the world this season. I was a bit surprised but their perfect league form shows he may have a point.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Watching a program on the radio?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby AFKAE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I was watching a program on the radio

Interesting concept. :shock:
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm

AFKAE wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I was watching a program on the radio

Interesting concept. :shock:

maybe not as daft as it sounds (although it probably is) but you can watch the radio on sky...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Vengence! Payback time for Napoli (hopefully!)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The result is a big carrot for us tomorrow. A win puts us on 9 points and depending how the other fixture goes it could see us needing one more win to secure top spot.

It would be great to be able to send out a second string in our final CL group game which is away at Shakhtar on the Wednesday before the Derby.

top notch!

Besides, on Aurelio, he's clearly a napolitan drama queen (i.e. most hopeless case of dq), also out of filmmaking Hollywood industry... but the Special Asshole is a league of his own, imho at least.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but an important note is that they just played (and defeated 1-0) Roma, and their next match after ours is against Inter at home, who they are currently 2 points ahead for 1st in Serie A, so that is a HUGE game for them.

How that affects team selection and how they setup, given that they are a more attacking oriented side, will be interesting to see as that is surely more of a realistic goal (winning the league, which they haven't done in ages) than expecting a win against us whilst they are away from home as they can still get out of the group, and how we are playing, they may be wary of what might happen if they push forward.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum