***city v napoli official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v napoli official cl match thread***

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:02 pm

this was the first match since early season where fatigue became an issue. all of the players looked dead on their feet in the 2nd half. really wish more of them would find a way to skip the f*cking internationals like delph managed to do.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:29 pm

48520 attendees. The stadium really filled up in the last 2 mins before kick off.
Great victory over a fantastic team but what was all that overplaying about in our box in the second half....bit of fatigue?
Dhino gets a score of 5/10 in the MuEN whilst the dippers victory over some farmers is splashed over the front page of the Mirror?
We are in a tough group with twists and turns to come but really enjoying it.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm

dazby wrote:Hey there gang. I didn't watch the game but I'm keen to read your assessments of Napoli. Good side?

Very good side.

We overran them in the first half hour and could've had a couple more goals than the two we did get, but it didn't get to them. They regrouped and gradually got back into the game. For a side that has won their last thirteen Serie A fixtures, eight this season and five at the back end end of last, that was to be expected. They were top scorers in Serie A last season and have broken the record for goals scored after eight games this season.

But given all that, our defence was resolute and barring Stones' block, Ederson wasn't called into action to make lots of saves. That may be because his anticipation is exemplary.

The return fixture could well be our most difficult fixture this side of March
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:A win is a win, but the lack of concentration and composure in the second half showed that we are not quite at that elite level we are trying to achieve.

A lot of players making poor decisions and losing composure and technique as they went along.

Thought Silva made more errors of judgement in one game than I seen from him ever. He just wouldn’t release the ball.

Sane? Well enough said. Showed terrible technique all game and yet you’d back him to skin a tired defender at the end of a game and score.

Fernandinho and Stones were very good I thought and are becoming real leaders.

Jesus became static as the game went on second half and at times got in the way of a player better positioned.

Bernardo Silva was very good and should have been introduced earlier. Similar with Gundogan but I’d have left Sterling on as he was better than Sane IMO.

That’s my tuppence worth.
Very happy with the win but I hope we learn from that. Pep included.
His report card says ‘could do better’

Oh! the first 30 minutes was as good as it gets and Ederson is the buy of the season as far as I’m concerned. He’s a God.

This is exactly as I saw it.

Agree with most of it, thought Sane was a mixed bag, he wasn't all bad. His control let him down, same with Silva, unusual for both but he was a constant threat, great pass on the first goal.

One bit in particular IWT that I take issue with is your suggestion that he didn't skin a tired defender, he wasn't up against a tired defender at the end, Maggio only came on for the last 20 to help contain Sane, he still managed to get by him twice, hauled down the first time for which Maggio got a yellow and Reina did remarkably well the second time to close down his shot.

Nah, I think you're misinterpreting that bit FIBD.
I think his first touch let him down all night but even with that in mind I can see why he was left on(even though I'd have left Sterling on).
You would still fancy him to get behind the defence given a one on one situation and as you say he did that a few times at the end.

Personally I think Sane is excellent facing their goal and not so technically brilliant facing ours.

I'm not slagging the guy off. he's one of those players that is always likely to score even while having an off night.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 pm

dazby wrote:Hey there gang. I didn't watch the game but I'm keen to read your assessments of Napoli. Good side?

help Yourself, lazyboy:

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53097&p=872401#p872401

edit:
if you marsupial cunt would care to post on pre-match thread something on the tune of "due to down under time disadvantage/ whatever else, I wont be able to make it live"... there your inbox will be feed accordingly, by the time you wake up and collect the Brisbane Times.

just saying
Last edited by Swales4ever on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:A win is a win, but the lack of concentration and composure in the second half showed that we are not quite at that elite level we are trying to achieve.

A lot of players making poor decisions and losing composure and technique as they went along.

Thought Silva made more errors of judgement in one game than I seen from him ever. He just wouldn’t release the ball.

Sane? Well enough said. Showed terrible technique all game and yet you’d back him to skin a tired defender at the end of a game and score.

Fernandinho and Stones were very good I thought and are becoming real leaders.

Jesus became static as the game went on second half and at times got in the way of a player better positioned.

Bernardo Silva was very good and should have been introduced earlier. Similar with Gundogan but I’d have left Sterling on as he was better than Sane IMO.

That’s my tuppence worth.
Very happy with the win but I hope we learn from that. Pep included.
His report card says ‘could do better’

Oh! the first 30 minutes was as good as it gets and Ederson is the buy of the season as far as I’m concerned. He’s a God.

This is exactly as I saw it.

Agree with most of it, thought Sane was a mixed bag, he wasn't all bad. His control let him down, same with Silva, unusual for both but he was a constant threat, great pass on the first goal.

One bit in particular IWT that I take issue with is your suggestion that he didn't skin a tired defender, he wasn't up against a tired defender at the end, Maggio only came on for the last 20 to help contain Sane, he still managed to get by him twice, hauled down the first time for which Maggio got a yellow and Reina did remarkably well the second time to close down his shot.

Nah, I think you're misinterpreting that bit FIBD.
I think his first touch let him down all night but even with that in mind I can see why he was left on(even though I'd have left Sterling on).
You would still fancy him to get behind the defence given a one on one situation and as you say he did that a few times at the end.

Personally I think Sane is excellent facing their goal and not so technically brilliant facing ours.

I'm not slagging the guy off. he's one of those players that is always likely to score even while having an off night.

Apologies, I just read it back and see what you mean now, I had completely misread it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:05 am

Swales4ever wrote:

help Yourself, lazyboy:

edit:
if you marsupial cunt would care to post on pre-match thread something on the tune of "due to down under time disadvantage/ whatever else, I wont be able to make it live"... there your inbox will be feed accordingly, by the time you wake up and collect the Brisbane Times.

just saying

haha, you're a crack up. Thanks possum.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am

dazby wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

help Yourself, lazyboy:

edit:

just saying

haha, you're a crack up. Thanks possum.

most welcome Gent.
I feel all us upover cunts should be more sensitive at the adversity You lot face, on daily basis, to feed Your passion for City.
barring Slim of course, as for my understanding, he seems taken by an even sexier moon than City, atm.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Every thread on here is turning into an acid trip these days.

WTF?
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:Every thread on here is turning into an acid trip these days.

WTF?

I know what you mean Ronan lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Every thread on here is turning into an acid trip these days.

WTF?

Is there s common denominator amidst The turmoil, do you think?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gillie wrote:

WTF?

Three Hail Mary's and a Lordy Lordy.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gillie wrote:

WTF?

there is!
You can go all in on that. It's the disgrace me!

browse back the forum since the day after december, 24th, 2009 and You'll realize that a certain clique can't really live up to the even idea that a respected legend of the board could show a tepid sign of empathy to me.
nevermind, God forbid!, give a faint lead that a regular bloke may come along me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Took me almost eight years to fight back the narrative that this was the only place, in the whole English speaking world (including a couple of the most respected British Institutions on either the Educational and business sector) where my language was deemed too unintelligible for the Good Folks to be arsed.
Seems I, somehow, succeeded of late and, accordingly a few livers have probably imploded.

Nevermind... a little transplant et... voilà! The brand new "ACID QUEEN" narrative comes up!!!

It's a special breed of Brave Men, in the most Kipling-esque meaning... who always speak out their mind as most elliptical as possible....
and when - privately - requested to speak up straight face, never fails to return some kind of cool in the tune of "I never entertain social life on here. don't take it personal, mate."

But don't ask the gentleman Gillie, he can show sympathy to a cause but never lead. Although I never stood a chance to meet the gent up, I've been told, unanimously, he is one of the most gentle and brave men on earth.

Nah, mate, scroll just upward and ask your question there.
good luck on getting a straight-faced answer!

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 pm

How about just once you don't turn a football thread into Swales4ever thread?

You're not that interesting.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Slim wrote:How about just once you don't turn a football thread into Swales4ever thread?

You're not that interesting.

Couldn't agree more on the latter.

I also am aware You have been taken by more interesting tasks that reading a football thread. the present one You refer to, actually.
cuz, if You had, a quarter of a Slim mind had never embarassed itsself as much as You have done puting forward the former part of Your pal's ass lick.

when the honeymoon will be over, I am certain that, upon actual reading such football thread, the very Slim I have learnt to know, will agree on that I am the least who hacked the football content of the same.

My renewed congrats on both You and Mrs. Slim, on the wedding.

now please don't try and draw me into a debate on how much offering an Aussie fellow Blue a link to download a game he says he couldn't watch do spell into a "acid trip these days. WTF?"

will You?
thanks in advance, particularly cause I still have to pack my shit and catch a flight to my own love tomorrow.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 am

So in short, no.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 am

Slim wrote:So in short, no.

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am

<snigger>
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm

I am guessing there is no word in the Italian dictionary equivalent to succint

Since S4E most recent return, my thumb has got repetitive strain from trying to swiftly scroll past his ramblings to get to posts that make sense.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby HailNerdQueen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:41 am

Swales4ever wrote:barring Slim of course, as for my understanding, he seems taken by an even sexier moon than City, atm.

Responding just once, since attention seems to be your main goal this will be the only amount you get from me.

1. Fuck off with that "sexier moon" shit. It's demeaning, degrading, sexist as hell and you don't know me nearly well enough at all to speak about me like that in such familiar terms. I'm here as a City fan, and commenting beyond that is so uncalled for I don't think I can fully express how pissed off I am.

2. We watch every match. Together. Sometimes we have to download it because Slim works stupid early. We also both have active Fantasy teams in numerous leagues and a joint team. I don't like having to defend my fandom. I don't remotely like that you're insinuating I am somehow steering his love from City. Once again, you do not know me and have no room to comment on our relationship at all. Period.

Swales4ever wrote:I also am aware You have been taken by more interesting tasks that reading a football thread.

Another pile of salacious bullshit. He reads most threads. So do I, eventually. I just lurk more. Keep my relationship off your tongue if this is how you speak on it.

Swales4ever wrote:My renewed congrats on both You and Mrs. Slim, on the wedding.

After the bullshit sexist crap earlier? And after disparaging Slim and insinuating his love for City is waning because of me? This rings as either fucking hollow, extremely trite, or highly sarcastic. Either way, no fucking thanks. Fuck off. Bye.
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum