Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinnie Kompany The End ?

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Chinners wrote:Sad to say but he's becoming a liability despite loving the fella. He'll get fit again and then we will all be on tenterhooks awaiting the next breakdown. I hope the club are planning ahead as if he will never return. Stones and Otter are becoming a good partnership although we obviously now need competent back-up that can be relied upon.

get yaya back there
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:59 pm

The club haven’t been straightforward about this. Supposed to have been a slight knock. Even last week Pep said he was ‘ much much better’ Now no timescale on return. Once he gets back into full training it will take a fortnight for him to be considered for selection. At this rate we’ll be lucky to see him playing before December. At the least a serious issue for the summer transfer window if not in January.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Vinny is being used by his employers how they see fit. He brought it on himself. Love the guy, Pep is no soft touch ask Joe Hart and now Vinny. 1 BOSS
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Its over. Don't expect him ever to make much of an impact again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Wonder if he has had some sort of setback in training? Doesn't sound like he will be considered for first team duty any time soon
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:52 pm

littlebig wrote:Such a pity as he's one of our most important players and such a legend.

But this can't go on and we'd be as well to replace him

Hes not one of our most important players , he used to be , years ago, but right now he could retire and we wouldnt blink a fuckign eye lid.

Ive slagged him off for years due to him putting country before club and I was fuckign right to slag him off...he cost us because of his CBC, so as far as Im concerned,I couldn't give 2 shits if he never played another game for us.

Lets focus on our defenders that we currently have - Delph gets more respect off me than Ill ever give Kompany , at least he told England to fuck off whilst he focused on being 100% to play for City.

That's the attitude to have with a player who knows he suffers from any slight knock.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
littlebig wrote:Such a pity as he's one of our most important players and such a legend.

Hes not one of our most important players , he used to be , years ago, but right now he could retire and we wouldnt blink a fuckign eye lid.

Ive slagged him off for years due to him putting country before club and I was fuckign right to slag him off...he cost us because of his CBC, so as far as Im concerned,I couldn't give 2 shits if he never played another game for us.

Lets focus on our defenders that we currently have - Delph gets more respect off me than Ill ever give Kompany , at least he told England to fuck off whilst he focused on being 100% to play for City.

That's the attitude to have with a player who knows he suffers from any slight knock.

The unrespected one disrespects the great Vinny yet again.

What have you ever done for City you twat?

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

right on brother
vk may talk the talk when it comes to city but he's never put us first
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Chinners » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 pm

It's the old club v country thing. I totally get that playing for you're national side is the highest level for a footballer but sadly there comes a time when if you play for you're country and invariably get injured missing weeks/months for the club that pays the wages then something is not right. Fans will forgive the odd occasion but when it becomes the norm then for me it's time to make a decision about you're national career. Sad but true.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Supported them a lot longer than you fuckign cunt.

P.S - I get enough respect in real life and also the business world that I live in, son ...so jog on.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Chinners wrote:Sad to say but he's becoming a liability despite loving the fella. He'll get fit again and then we will all be on tenterhooks awaiting the next breakdown. I hope the club are planning ahead as if he will never return. Stones and Otter are becoming a good partnership although we obviously now need competent back-up that can be relied upon.

I think we're in for Alderweireld next summer and Ottamendi is either gone or possibly going to be the 3rd CB.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby freshie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Seriously? Fuck off
Vinny as always put country before club and it's cost both us and him massively. When he retires he'll realise that he could've won so much more had he handled his international career better. It's almost as though every time he goes away with Belgium he gets another injury. And with vinny they are always long term. He's been a great player for us and an incredible captain, but as others have said we don't rely on him any more - thankfully - cos we can't
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Supported them a lot longer than you fuckign cunt.

P.S - I get enough respect in real life and also the business world that I live in, son ...so jog on.

Vinnie was injured most of his time at Hamburg and they were glad to sell him on . As Tom Petty sang,
"he got lucky babe ".
I never really forgave him for being an Arse at half time , against Elano at Blackburn on boxing day , when Sturridge supplied Robinho for a superb and very late equalizer.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 pm

he has left us exposed and took risks he should never have taken in unimportant international matches.

we are low on cover in the position he plays and it will probably cost us.

was a great player and leader. immense in our title winning seasons.

sadly it looks like father time has caught up with him but he could have delayed being caught if he had put us first.
he did not and I have a problem with that.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:41 pm

This thread is self perpetuating and subjective..

Vinnie in my opinion is one of a dying breed, seeing playing for his country as being the highest honour & pinnacle of his career.

How many of us (mainly English at a guess) have stopped watching or caring about our national team because of the lack of effort from the players?

His injury record/decisions to play for Belgium frustrates me like many, but I respect him for sticking by his home nation.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby dazby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 pm

The only reason we were able to get him to our club is because Hamburg tried to prevent him from playing for Belgium.

Just because you Poms don't respect playing for your country doesn't mean the rest of the world feels the same.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:17 am

The fact I've not even noticed he's been missing this season says a lot.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:27 am

Smart move for Dick Van Dyck in Jan should do it
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:45 am

CTID Hants wrote:This thread is self perpetuating and subjective..

Vinnie in my opinion is one of a dying breed, seeing playing for his country as being the highest honour & pinnacle of his career.

How many of us (mainly English at a guess) have stopped watching or caring about our national team because of the lack of effort from the players?

His injury record/decisions to play for Belgium frustrates me like many, but I respect him for sticking by his home nation.

You‘re a bit unlucky with the reference to playing for his country.

If the FA treated football supporters with the respect they get in other countries and play around the country rather that every bleedin‘ time at Wembley and not worry about shirt sales with Peckham on the back , thereby selecting players for money rather than form. Fans , just might respect the playing with pride for the national team concept more. Now, re Kompany, he got injured in a meaningless , high scoring romp , when he could have let a younger player get some experience. Utterly selfish , get the cap and get subbed. He is tall , muscular , but fragile, and now the wrong side of 28. No need to extend his contract at all.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:27 am

Go back and look at how many games he played in and got knocks were truly must win games for Belgium. That's my biggest beef. If it was a game to qualify for any tournament and he played I'd respect it, playing him 90 mins in meaningless games when he's been hurt for us is a piss take from them and him. I love he guy, but it cannot be denied he's made some very poor choices with respect to international football.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum