MotM v Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Ederson
No votes
Walker
5%
Stones
12%
Otamendi
2%
Delph
2%
Fernandinho
22%
De Bruyne
17%
Sterling
2%
Dave Silva
30%
Sane
3%
Aguero
No votes
Jesus
No votes
Gundogan
No votes
Bernard Silva
No votes
Josep Guardiola
7%

Total votes : 60

Re: MotM v Arsenal

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:56 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:Mad how people are things differently. Silva was awful today. Couldn’t hit a blue shirt with a pass.

hahaha amazing how a game is seen by different people. I went for Dave but it could have been Dinho.

Overall I don't think we were close to our best today. Good but a not top gear so how good is it to beat a top team without firing on all cylinders

Silva’s pass completion rate was 80% which was second worst from a City player today.

Hmmmm so couldnt hit a blue shirt with a pass? But he did 80% of the time. Not his best but still worthy of MotM for me and seemingly plenty of others

Compared to the others Silva couldn’t hit a blue shirt. I mean we could go down the road of the rags and use stats like “Carrick has the most successful passes in the Premier League, he’s class and that proves it” no mentioning that 90% of them are backwards or sideways.

Silva was second from bottom for us on successful passes yesterday. That’s a fact you can’t mess with to suit any agenda.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:46 am

Just to play silly bastards for a moment, Mase lad, who do you think is a better passer of the ball, Dave Silva or John Stones?

Even at less than his very best Big Dave is still a tremendous footballer who can change a match at any moment. That said, I voted for Fernandinho.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 am

sheblue wrote:Very hard most of them were on a par. But I will go for John stones.

I was a bit worried when he went walkabout twice and lost the ball. Started the next stage of his Pepisation obviously but work to be done.

Big Dave for me, ran the game (despite no assist!) I'm with Smudger Smith on that.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 am

john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:Very hard most of them were on a par. But I will go for John stones.

I was a bit worried when he went walkabout twice and lost the ball. Started the next stage of his Pepisation obviously but work to be done.

Big Dave for me, ran the game (despite no assist!) I'm with Smudger Smith on that.

Stones definitely overcooked it once or twice, but he who dares....
He is vastly improved this season and has put in some superb performances.
In truth several of them could have been MOTM.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby aaron bond » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 am

Fernandinho for me. Covered so much ground and always seemed to be in the right place.

Very surprised to see Silva getting so many votes. I thought he had an off-day and should have been subbed. But it’s interesting to see the different opinions.

Shout out to Delph. I thought he struggled in the first 20-25 minutes but then grew into the game. He’s really doing a good job at left back and has been a key part of our success so far this season. I hope he can rest over the next 2 weeks and be fit for Leicester.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Just to play silly bastards for a moment, Mase lad, who do you think is a better passer of the ball, Dave Silva or John Stones?

Even at less than his very best Big Dave is still a tremendous footballer who can change a match at any moment. That said, I voted for Fernandinho.

Who is the better passer of the ball overall? Obviously Silva. Yesterday it was Stones. We’re not voting on who is the best overall.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Just to play silly bastards for a moment, Mase lad, who do you think is a better passer of the ball, Dave Silva or John Stones?

Who is the better passer of the ball overall? Obviously Silva. Yesterday it was Stones. We’re not voting on who is the best overall.

What scoring chances did Stones' passing create then?

Mate, my point is that Stones has better passing stats overall. Stats are useful but clearly not the only thing that matters.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mate, my point is that Stones has better passing stats overall. Stats are useful but clearly not the only thing that matters.

That was my original point :lol:

If Silva is our second worst passer on the day, and he’s our best passer usually, you know he’s not had the best match. How anyone can’t understand that is beyond me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

If Silva is our second worst passer on the day, and he’s our best passer usually, you know he’s not had the best match. How anyone can’t understand that is beyond me.

Silva controlled the game for us , he was always there for the important "out" ball in all parts of the pitch , his first touch and movement took out 2 or 3 Arsenal players everytime it was fucking class personified and stuff anyone watching TV wouldn't really pick up . Too many on here obsessed with our attacking play but it's the graft and class that sets up attacks and also breaking down opposition play ...... graft class out ball no one better than Merlin absolute team player absolute world class player . Pissed Motm for me absolutely ran the show from start to finish .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 pm

I abstain.

No stand out performer, 7/10 across the board.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not sure if I am right here, nor if I should dive into You Gents personal debate, but I have wondered, several times this season, that the only difference in Dave's forever oustanding game, seems to be his natural tendency to run short of pace (and breath at time) proportionally to the age.
I'd call it a kind of "Gaz Baz desease" at another level of talent. these guys would still boss a game when 50yo, just increasingly struggling to keep up with the unique physical demand of the English top flight.
IMHO.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not sure if I am right here, nor if I should dive into You Gents personal debate, but I have wondered, several times this season, that the only difference in Dave's forever oustanding game, seems to be his natural tendency to run short of pace (and breath at time) proportionally to the age.
I'd call it a kind of "Gaz Baz desease" at another level of talent. these guys would still boss a game when 50yo, just increasingly struggling to keep up with the unique physical demand of the English top flight.
IMHO.

Probably just needs a good feague :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Dave Silva a bit off is better than 99.9% of players at their best.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:Probably just needs a good feague :lol:

well... let's just say that I tend to agree more with Carl when it comes to the best way to establish social justice in the world, than when it comes to educational means... ;)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm

i thought walker was excellent.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Dave Silva a bit off is better than 99.9% of players at their best.

Agreed mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Having gone to the game and voted for Kev, on seeing highlights I'd change it to Stones, who was brilliant.
Trouble with Stones is, he's so good and so efficient, and has such a good anticipation you tend not to notice. He just makes it look routine.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Can I vote for everybody , City playing insane , I was laughing my ass off when one of trolls said Naoli play the best football.... Enter Hamsik after two match saying City playing best football right now in Europe. I know Guardiola spend money , but hey so did me I m still playing park the bus , , there is a lot of teams spending money , nut this transformation manes me wonder is Guardiola a fucking Alien.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

can I just humbly note that I am bewildered at how few have taken Beefy's suggestion about a collective team award to the name of Pep?
just three... :o

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Swales4ever wrote:can I just humbly note that I am bewildered at how few have taken Beefy's suggestion about a collective team award to the name of Pep?
just three... :o

I voted Silva before I knew Pep was on the list otherwise I would have gone for him.

And the day i decide on MotM based on stats ( especially passing stats) is the day I know I am losing it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum