David Luiz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: David Luiz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a Pep player imo, selfish ill disciplined tosser. Can't see what role he would fill anyway.

In all fairness Mr H, last season when Conte switched to a back three, it seemed to suit him.

Do you not think Pep could bring out the best in him - I'm thinking Kolarov here ??

In essence, you're probably right, but who knows ??

Of course pep could bring the best out of him but would that really be good enough. He was ok with 2 very good holding midfielders in front of him.

He did get something out of Kolarov but he wasnt good enough either and cocked up plenty to prove it.I think Luiz would do the same.Anyway he would be a benchwarmer at best

Indeed, it's something that I always consider when I hear talk of our 'dodgy defence'. If you took our back 4 and put them in a defensive system how dodgy would they look? And the same vice versa, if you took a back four from a PL team with a defensive setup how competent would they look trying to play Pep's system?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a Pep player imo, selfish ill disciplined tosser. Can't see what role he would fill anyway.

In all fairness Mr H, last season when Conte switched to a back three, it seemed to suit him.

Do you not think Pep could bring out the best in him - I'm thinking Kolarov here ??

Of course pep could bring the best out of him but would that really be good enough. He was ok with 2 very good holding midfielders in front of him.

He did get something out of Kolarov but he wasnt good enough either and cocked up plenty to prove it.I think Luiz would do the same.Anyway he would be a benchwarmer at best

Indeed, it's something that I always consider when I hear talk of our 'dodgy defence'. If you took our back 4 and put them in a defensive system how dodgy would they look? And the same vice versa, if you took a back four from a PL team with a defensive setup how competent would they look trying to play Pep's system?

That's a more than fair point in itself FIBD, but it also highlights the difficulty in getting defenders in, who are suitable and comfortable in 'our system' (crikey, that sounds like Aaron Nimzovitch).

I think that's the underlying 'motif' in this thread.

Anyway, I looked it up and he was 30 last April so, for me, all other considerations now go out of the window.

We'd be spending good money on someone nearing his sell-by date.

Pity really because I thought this was an interesting thread.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Apart from the fact he’s a sly odious knobhead.
I don’t think he’s a good defender. He’s a decent footballer but far too slow.
He’s found out anytime anyone runs directly at the centre of Chelsea’s defence.
Same goes for Cahill.
I reckon he’s coming to the end of his top league usefulness.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:That's a more than fair point in itself FIBD, but it also highlights the difficulty in getting defenders in, who are suitable and comfortable in 'our system' (crikey, that sounds like Aaron Nimzovitch).

Anyway, I looked it up and he was 30 last April so, for me, all other considerations now go out of the window.

only I know of mr. Nimzovitch is that he's a chess genius, hence a genius overall.

but on topic, not aiming to diminishing, entirely, the merit of a sound point, I'd be confident that our own JC, in DoF disguise and granted the standard checkbook clearance, including some swop authority would quite confortably deliver one of the following, pretty fitting with the Nimzovitch-esque wording:
Jose Gimenez
Lucas Hernández
Leander Dendoncker
Andreas Christensen (not the easiest catch, but I'd give a shout there )
Aymeric Laporte (before considering SpongeBob 10 times better putting some pride to bed. shall return with interests in the battle)
Van Beek

[yes I know, sounds a pretty cheap lick at JC, but having spread lies on the tendency of his football nose, I now fear the worst 8-) ]

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:10 pm

As big as a fat no that you could get from me.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PaulieIrish » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Doesn't Aguero hate him too? Big no from me
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Does anyone know where this apparent animosity between Aguero and Luiz stems from.

Is it an Argentina - Brazil based hostility, or are there other factors and is it a recent development, or something more longstanding ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Does anyone know where this apparent animosity between Aguero and Luiz stems from.

Is it an Argentina - Brazil based hostility, or are there other factors and is it a recent development, or something more longstanding ??

Probably cause sideshow bob boots him up and down every time we play them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:34 pm

No.

He is a cunt.

And mediocre.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Does anyone know where this apparent animosity between Aguero and Luiz stems from.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/the-other-s ... p7jr0kksvu

Aguero actually gets on well with the Brazilian off the pitch; they laughed and joked on the phone following the Argentine's two-footed stamp in 2013, and they have been known to exchange the odd message since.
But Luiz gets under Aguero’s skin more than anybody. The Chelsea centre-back taunts opposition forwards during matches, and when the two faced off at the Etihad Stadium last December he spent the game mocking City’s “pretty passing” but failure to capitalise on it. After 90 minutes of it Aguero had had enough, and launched an ugly two-footed lunge which left the Brazilian with a niggling knee injury for several months.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:That's a more than fair point in itself FIBD, but it also highlights the difficulty in getting defenders in, who are suitable and comfortable in 'our system' (crikey, that sounds like Aaron Nimzovitch).

only I know of mr. Nimzovitch is that he's a chess genius, hence a genius overall.

but on topic, not aiming to diminishing, entirely, the merit of a sound point, I'd be confident that our own JC, in DoF disguise and granted the standard checkbook clearance, including some swop authority would quite confortably deliver one of the following, pretty fitting with the Nimzovitch-esque wording:
Jose Gimenez
Lucas Hernández
Leander Dendoncker
Aymeric Laporte (before considering SpongeBob 10 times better putting some pride to bed. shall return with interests in the battle)
Van Beek

[yes I know, sounds a pretty cheap lick at JC, but having spread lies on the tendency of his football nose, I now fear the worst 8-) ]

I have no idea who this feller is but he has a cool name and I’d welcome him in as Otters replacement!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

Jose Gimenez
Lucas Hernández
Leander Dendoncker
Van Beek

I have no idea who this feller is but he has a cool name and I’d welcome him in as Otters replacement!

Thanks for Your respected attention to one of my illitterate's drivels, Moonchie.
just to serve Your interest, and in general, I suggest You to pay more attention to JC valuable scoutings of the market.
here's a bit:

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53088&p=871107&hilit=Leander+Dendoncker#p871107

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 am

Reece Oxford
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby phips » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 am

PeterParker wrote:No.

He is a cunt.

And mediocre.

and thats putting it mildly.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:56 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Reece Oxford

Yes, that thought had crossed my mind as well.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 am

Hellz no...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:11 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

He needed to not have to worry about defending because of Kante, yet when Kante was just out injured Side Show Bob left Chelsea very exposed.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:57 am

freshie wrote:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/the-other-s ... p7jr0kksvu

Aguero actually gets on well with the Brazilian off the pitch; they laughed and joked on the phone following the Argentine's two-footed stamp in 2013, and they have been known to exchange the odd message since.
But Luiz gets under Aguero’s skin more than anybody. The Chelsea centre-back taunts opposition forwards during matches, and when the two faced off at the Etihad Stadium last December he spent the game mocking City’s “pretty passing” but failure to capitalise on it. After 90 minutes of it Aguero had had enough, and launched an ugly two-footed lunge which left the Brazilian with a niggling knee injury for several months.

And there I was thinking it was the constant kicks, pulls and fucking body checks that made Aguero snap.

It still makes me angry that the cunt got away with this one and that Balotelli got a yellow for diving

https://www.balls.ie/football/balotellis-dive-65645
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

I'd rather have Johnny Evans than David Luiz ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Chinners wrote:I'd rather have Johnny Fucking Evans than David Luiz ....

At least have the courtesy of giving the man his full title.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum