Refs for this w/e Super Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Refs for this w/e Super Sunday

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:Yep, the decisions seem to be a lot more even this season. Is nice yes.

It certainly is. Maybe one day refs won't be a topic at all. Now that would be nice.

Wouldn't it just.

Video and technology in football will help if it is allowed to do so.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:Yep, the decisions seem to be a lot more even this season. Is nice yes.

It certainly is. Maybe one day refs won't be a topic at all. Now that would be nice.

Wouldn't it just.

Ah but who is looking at the video? :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 am

john@staustell wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Wouldn't it just.

It'll be outsourced to a responsible and neutral body such as Sky.........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am

The A League has the VRA this season and it’s getting the big thumbs down. It breaks up play, they check too much and you don’t get to hear what they say.

No good.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 am

dazby wrote:The A League has the VRA this season and it’s getting the big thumbs down. It breaks up play, they check too much and you don’t get to hear what they say.

No good.

Only football could fuck something so simple up.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Wouldn't it just.

Through the still young season I found myself wondering if there is a syllogistical link in between the facts that EPL is the only major league which delayed adoption of the VAR and some "advised insighters" which I noted claiming something in the tune of "it has to be this season for U*d to win the title back"?

And/or is it a case that the first noisy voice against VAR, in Italy, came out Juventus skipper's mouth?

sure my friend JC is gonna advise me to not overthink here, though 8-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 am

Who'd be a ref? Hardest job in football, slagged off every week by different sets of fans, a truly thankless task.

I'm not in the 'conspiracy' club that they are against us. Generally, in the past when we were shyte, if the ref made a bad decision we would still fucl up on our own to counteract this. Last season some perceive that many decisions were bias against us, this season we seem to have a bit more favour ... all fans from clubs think this way (Arsenal fans are probable penning 'death threat letters after the 50-50 pen and marginal offside decisions, as we would if they went against us)

One thing I have noticed this season is that in the main, refs for our games have let quite a lot go to keep the game flowing, I think that they are also enjoying our style of play and its in their interest as by lettingit go it's less work for them. Although against us, Oliver yesterday, imo, made an excellent decision by letting the game flow when the Otter blatently took our an Arsenal player and then booked him later after the move broke down, great reffing in my book. He also, once the first yellow was issued, was consistent in issuing others for similar offences. B+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:56 am

Chinners wrote:once the first yellow was issued, was consistent in issuing others for similar offences. B+

Apart of course from Marty Feldman's assault on Delph and Wilshere going right through Gundogan.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby gillie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:54 pm

dazby wrote:The A League has the VRA this season and it’s getting the big thumbs down. It breaks up play, they check too much and you don’t get to hear what they say.

No good.

You are not wrong Dazzler I watch the A League every week on BT Sport and it really is breaking the tempo of the games up.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:51 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Wouldn't it just.

They have been using video technology and a Vid Ref in the Bundesliga this season and it has been an absolute disaster. The Vid ref seems to think he has more power than the Ref on the pitch. Many times telling the ref on the pitch to wait for an analysis. Complete cock up. Again no chance to hear the discussion and breaking up games. A process that is way too immature. The technology is there but we really only need it for goal lines.
Goal opportunities arise through mistakes. A linesman being not quite level with the last row of players sees offside slightly differently than the cameras and also , the techno-guy that thinks he really knows when the ball has left the foot of the player passing to the 'offside' teammate. the old rule should apply , the entire body should be offside and not just Ibras nose... although ...
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:12 pm

The sport would be very dull with video ref technology imo ... places like this would also die without different viewpoints on matchdays
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm

yes, activists for level playfields have been fought the powers that be for a couple of decades to get some technology and keep the unchallengeable power of officials regularly appointed by the usual suspects in some form of check.

but, hey ho, the first impression shows some imperfection, so let's all screw the whole thing, pronto.

same old story... it must be the utmost pure and perfect or... let's all better have the enemy in charge!

sound familiar to some political faith faded out through history.

pathetic!

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Chinners wrote:The sport would be very dull with video ref technology imo ... places like this would also die without different viewpoints on matchdays

I've heard this being said for most of my time watching football mate.

"What would we talk about on a Monday if the refs were perfect? ..."

My answer was always

"Football".

I don't know if technology is just gonna shift the bad decisions currently being made to another idiot, but the aim has to always be about making it all about the game.

There's so many amazing things to talk about when the ref does his job.
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:47 am

Original Dub wrote:
Chinners wrote:The sport would be very dull with video ref technology imo ... places like this would also die without different viewpoints on matchdays

I've heard this being said for most of my time watching football mate.

"What would we talk about on a Monday if the refs were perfect? ..."

My answer was always

"Football".

I don't know if technology is just gonna shift the bad decisions currently being made to another idiot, but the aim has to always be about making it all about the game.

There's so many amazing things to talk about when the ref does his job.

I get all that but just look at some of the debates on here and that's among fans of the same team. It might work and make a difference, personally I think it will sterilise the talking points for football fans ,,, and of course the media (Sky would be fucled for 2/3rd;s of their daily output - hmm)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:47 pm

VAR will never work as long as it is kept as a dark art practised and guarded by the high priests of football officialdom. Only the incompetent, corrupt, secretive, elitist muppets of football could cock up something that other sports have implemented with effortless success.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm

couple of tips from North Africa:

1. last week Sky Ita aired a VAR special where the Riley Italian counterpart was reporting feedbacks from the first 10 matchdays:
after the first 2 matchdays, when VAR average stop time was in excess of 2 minutes, peaking 3+ at times, from matcheday 4 onwards that figure has dropped to average 20 secs, with peaks of 13 sec needed to revise on field ruling.
they pledge to keep a drilling program going to improve it steady on.

personal, unofficial stats. I'd guess that up now, Juventus FC have already seen awarded more penalties against than the whole previous season....

Imperfect: sure! a very, very long way to get to NFL standard with 1st Official addressing the crowd with decision? very much so.

BUT there is NO doubt in my mind that IF the VAR was in place early in Slur Alex golden age, the old drunken cheat would already be dead of Portal hypertensive gastropathy.

jut saying, again...

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum