Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I had no qualms with the Otter booking. Went in with forearm in the back of Arse players neck. I'd expect a booking for anybody else, just because we don't see it for the Rags (ibracuntabitch) or Dippers (Sliippy G) doesn't mean we should get the same favourable treatment. I'd hate it if them cunts actually started giving us things we didn't deserve.

You'll be telling us Walker's red was deserved as well next :?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I had no qualms with the Otter booking. Went in with forearm in the back of Arse players neck. I'd expect a booking for anybody else, just because we don't see it for the Rags (ibracuntabitch) or Dippers (Sliippy G) doesn't mean we should get the same favourable treatment. I'd hate it if them cunts actually started giving us things we didn't deserve.

You'll be telling us Walker's red was deserved as well next :?

;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:45 am

johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:good stuff from Oilver

Nailed Otter with a ban as instructed didn't he? A booking for nothing - pure agenda.

hahahahhaha
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Ref for the game against Leicester this weekend is a new one called Graham Scott. I don't believe he has never reffed us before.

He has reffed Leicester 3 times with 2 wins and 1 loss for the foxes.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Ref for the game against Leicester this weekend is a new one called Graham Scott. I don't believe he has never reffed us before.

He has reffed Leicester 3 times with 2 wins and 1 loss for the foxes.

Let’s hope he has a good game then.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 pm

how is that clown Mike Dean still employed?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:02 pm

phips wrote:how is that clown Mike Dean still employed?

Tried to make amends at the start of the second half but then tried to make it less obvious.

He's been brought into the fold, but not very good with what he's told.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:02 pm

I was watching on a bogey stream with a rug rat crawling around me for the whole match, but I thought the ref pretty much did his job?

Obviously, kompany wasn't the last man so right call there... there was one on sterling in the box I never got a replay on - maybe someone can help with that one?

Anyway, I think he got it right overall from my limited observation.

Those two red cards aside at the beginning of the season, I actually can't believe how well we've been officiated and it's that encouraging, it would nearly make you forget how appalling it was over the last 3 seasons.

This season is night a day compared to last and long may it continue.
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:44 am

the Leicester Mercury take on the Vinny yellow card

Should Kompany have seen red?
Claude Puel thought Vincent Kompany should have been sent off. Pep Guardiola said yellow was the correct decision.
Who was right?

It all comes down to whether Kompany’s challenge on Jamie Vardy denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. If he was, as the challenge was outside the box, it should have been red.

When deciding, the referee must consider the following points:

The distance between the offence and the goal, the general direction of the play, the likelihood of the fouled player keeping or gaining control of the ball, and the location and number of the other surrounding defenders who could intervene.

Vardy was miles from goal, but did have a clean run through. The direction of play, from Iborra’s pass, was also goal-bound. The ball, too, was played right into Vardy’s stride. Had he not been clattered, Vardy would have taken a few more strides and gained control, Ederson in his sights.
That would also have taken Vardy further past John Stones, the only other defender in sight, who was positioned away from Vardy’s left shoulder, in the opposite direction to the goal.

Stones would never have caught him.
Red card.

Why was it only a yellow?

Until video referees are brought into the Premier League, the official only has one look at it, at full speed.
Scott was in a good position, looking straight ahead, with an unobscured view of Vardy’s run and Kompany’s tackle.

However, he was not straight in line with the direction of the ball. He was about five yards to Iborra’s right. From that angle, it would make Stones appear closer to Vardy than he actually is.
Once Kompany made the foul, Stones continued his run as Vardy hit the turf. In less than a second, Stones went from clutching at Vardy’s coattails to standing between him and the goal. Again, that gives Scott the illusion that Stones was closer to Vardy than he was.

There were also less than two minutes on the clock. A decision of that magnitude, so early on, would have a huge impact on the game. That should not make a difference, of course, but Scott is only human. He would have felt there were enough mitigating factors to justify a yellow.

Man City too good in the end
For the last 15 minutes, Manchester City knocked the ball around so rhythmically that it felt as though Leicester City were being entranced by a hypnotist’s pendulum.
Pep Guardiola’s team is by far the finest Leicester have played since their return to the Premier League.
Man City attack in frightening numbers, with speed and precision, their movement of both ball and themselves seamless, while they force opponents into nervy basic errors with their ferocious pressing.
Leicester tried to take it to them and, for the first 20 minutes, matched them well. But they just could not sustain it once Man City found their groove. Not many can.

Had Leicester squeezed into half-time goalless, they might have held out hope for longer, and certainly would have done had Harry Maguire not rattled the post and Man City score 21 seconds later.

Sometimes, though, you just have to shrug your shoulders, take off whatever headwear you have on, and shake your superior opponent’s hand.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... sos-799432
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am

johnny crossan wrote:the Leicester Mercury take on the Vinny yellow card

Should Kompany have seen red?
Claude Puel thought Vincent Kompany should have been sent off. Pep Guardiola said yellow was the correct decision.
Who was right?

It all comes down to whether Kompany’s challenge on Jamie Vardy denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. If he was, as the challenge was outside the box, it should have been red.

When deciding, the referee must consider the following points:

The distance between the offence and the goal, the general direction of the play, the likelihood of the fouled player keeping or gaining control of the ball, and the location and number of the other surrounding defenders who could intervene.

Vardy was miles from goal, but did have a clean run through. The direction of play, from Iborra’s pass, was also goal-bound. The ball, too, was played right into Vardy’s stride. Had he not been clattered, Vardy would have taken a few more strides and gained control, Ederson in his sights.
That would also have taken Vardy further past John Stones, the only other defender in sight, who was positioned away from Vardy’s left shoulder, in the opposite direction to the goal.

Stones would never have caught him.
Red card.

Why was it only a yellow?

Until video referees are brought into the Premier League, the official only has one look at it, at full speed.
Scott was in a good position, looking straight ahead, with an unobscured view of Vardy’s run and Kompany’s tackle.

However, he was not straight in line with the direction of the ball. He was about five yards to Iborra’s right. From that angle, it would make Stones appear closer to Vardy than he actually is.
Once Kompany made the foul, Stones continued his run as Vardy hit the turf. In less than a second, Stones went from clutching at Vardy’s coattails to standing between him and the goal. Again, that gives Scott the illusion that Stones was closer to Vardy than he was.

There were also less than two minutes on the clock. A decision of that magnitude, so early on, would have a huge impact on the game. That should not make a difference, of course, but Scott is only human. He would have felt there were enough mitigating factors to justify a yellow.

Man City too good in the end
For the last 15 minutes, Manchester City knocked the ball around so rhythmically that it felt as though Leicester City were being entranced by a hypnotist’s pendulum.
Pep Guardiola’s team is by far the finest Leicester have played since their return to the Premier League.
Man City attack in frightening numbers, with speed and precision, their movement of both ball and themselves seamless, while they force opponents into nervy basic errors with their ferocious pressing.
Leicester tried to take it to them and, for the first 20 minutes, matched them well. But they just could not sustain it once Man City found their groove. Not many can.

Had Leicester squeezed into half-time goalless, they might have held out hope for longer, and certainly would have done had Harry Maguire not rattled the post and Man City score 21 seconds later.

Sometimes, though, you just have to shrug your shoulders, take off whatever headwear you have on, and shake your superior opponent’s hand.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... sos-799432

The last paragraph sums it up really
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 am

I think the headwear mentioned in that last paragraph was 'tinfoil hat'.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby freshie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 am

I thought Vinny was very lucky not be sent off. As soon as I saw the foul I thought he was gonna get sent off and had he been I would have had no complaints. But we’ve had loads of decisions go against us so I won’t complain. About time we had some decisions go our way. We definitely seem to have had better luck with refereeing decisions this season than in previous seasons
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:13 am

freshie wrote:I thought Vinny was very lucky not be sent off. As soon as I saw the foul I thought he was gonna get sent off and had he been I would have had no complaints. But we’ve had loads of decisions go against us so I won’t complain. About time we had some decisions go our way. We definitely seem to have had better luck with refereeing decisions this season than in previous seasons

Apart from having two players sent off in the first 3 league games for NOT transgressing the laws of the game, I'd agree. The refs stopped after that away game at Bournemouth. Not sure why, but we've been reffed fairly since then.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
freshie wrote:I thought Vinny was very lucky not be sent off. As soon as I saw the foul I thought he was gonna get sent off and had he been I would have had no complaints. But we’ve had loads of decisions go against us so I won’t complain. About time we had some decisions go our way. We definitely seem to have had better luck with refereeing decisions this season than in previous seasons

Apart from having two players sent off in the first 3 league games for NOT transgressing the laws of the game, I'd agree. The refs stopped after that away game at Bournemouth. Not sure why, but we've been reffed fairly since then.

don't forget Otamendi was banned yesterday for not trangressing the laws as well.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

don't forget Otamendi was banned yesterday for not trangressing the laws as well.

This.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Not withstanding that though JC, PD is right and I would be well and truly in the bias camp.
I really do think something has changed behind the scenes. Even the media angle is slightly different. It’s like they are undecided whether we are the real deal and whether we are good for the image of their product or not.
I think if we were to win CL beating the so called elite of Europe, that may just seal the deal.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Death's Head Dermot gave Vinny a big red one but then exonerated the ref because he got the decision right from where was looking.

Kompany’s lucky escape?
DERMOT'S VERDICT: Red card

DERMOT SAYS: If it's not a foul, Vardy takes one more step and it's a clear shot on goal.

The difficulty for the referee is that he's square on. When he sees the foul, the time he looks up John Stones has come across and the whole picture has changed. He can't snap photograph it in his mind - you see it forensically it's a red card, but from the referee's angle he's deceived because of the ball going away and Stones coming in on the cover. I think the easy decision would have been to send him off - the decision he took was the harder one as it was more logical to him and the more justifiable one in his mind.'

Pigmol will now be very happy with that bit of doublethink.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Death's Head Dermot gave Vinny a big red one but then exonerated the ref because he got the decision right from where was looking.

Kompany’s lucky escape?

DERMOT SAYS: If it's not a foul, Vardy takes one more step and it's a clear shot on goal.

The difficulty for the referee is that he's square on. When he sees the foul, the time he looks up John Stones has come across and the whole picture has changed. He can't snap photograph it in his mind - you see it forensically it's a red card, but from the referee's angle he's deceived because of the ball going away and Stones coming in on the cover. I think the easy decision would have been to send him off - the decision he took was the harder one as it was more logical to him and the more justifiable one in his mind.'

So he was wrong but in his own mind he was right.
That covers just about everything. Everyone of us on here are the same.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Death's Head Dermot gave Vinny a big red one but then exonerated the ref because he got the decision right from where was looking.

Kompany’s lucky escape?

Not if you're like me, you aren't.

In my case, I'm not often right and I'm always wrong; at least that was how the ex wife viewed it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Kompany’s lucky escape?

Not if you're like me, you aren't.

In my case, I'm not often right and I'm always wrong; at least that was how the ex wife viewed it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

She thought she was wrong once, MC, but she was actually mistaken?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum