International Break

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: International Break

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Eriksen hatrick.
We’re a shambles.

All good goals by all accounts as well. Great player. Hope one of your boys gives him a good kick. Think spuds without Erikson or Kane aren't nearly as effective

Took them brilliantly but all starting from Irish mistakes.
We haven’t s footballer amongst them. We know that. But, it’s been particularly depressing watching this lot under O’Neill who I think is devoid of any tactical spark.

Not sure who could get anything out of this lot to be fair to him.

Anyway 1-5 now. We’ve been completely shown up by Denmark. Could you imagine if by some miracle we got to Russia and played someone really good.

It’s probably all worked out for the best really.

I have never got the media fawning of O'Neill. Got lucky at Celtic with Larsson. Did ok at Leicester but he is another disciple of the brigade of avoid defeat first no matter how dire the football is.

We don’t have the players. We all realise that but O’Neill is a dinosaur. Half the time the team look like they don’t know what the plan is.
The only time they do know what the plan is, is when we’re looking for a ‘don’t let a goal in’ 0-0 or maybe steal a 1-0.
There is no other plan.
Every time we score early you see us shit ourselves. Because they don’t know how to control s game. It’s not in the plan.

We didn’t have a midfield first half, so O’Neill took off the best of them Moyler, and Arter(who was atrocious) and plugs the gap with McGeady and Holahan.

So we had an even more non existent midfield second half.

I think things are going to be very barren for Irish football for quite a while, because as City have shown at club level and has been shown tonight at international level,
this Neanderthal football is dead. It has been found out and teams that control the ball through technical ability in its ranks, will be more successful.
We just don’t produce these kinds of players and with the state of the FAI and grass roots football in this country I can’t see that changing any time soon.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Thats it for friendlies until March,Very happy. :) :)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:18 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Thats it for friendlies until March,Very happy. :) :)

Let's be thankful they are all returning intact despite the scares (as far as we know of course :roll: )
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:51 am

Thankfully another marathon international break is finally over.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:42 am

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Right strap yourselves in for another 0-0 and penalties.

C’mon Ireland. (Can’t help myself)

The last six play off games have all ended 0-0. Shocking stuff. Maybe teams are just too scared to lose they don't try their hardest for fear off losing?

I blame Mourinho and the press who laud his boring stalemates a "masterclass"

Bit of a difference between having to do it because of lack of quality and/or resources and doing it when you have the resources to produce something a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby branny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am

dick dastardley wrote:Lingard playing for england beggars belief

He'll go the same way as Cleverly. Once he's been sold to a team closer to his level he'll never be seen in an England shirt again.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Justified logic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Nah. Can't get enthused by a couple of 0-0 bores. Even if our overexcitable media are saying we're now contenders for the WC. Sorry, you have to put the ball over the goal-line to be that; that's the purpose of the game. I just hope we've got the prem title sewn up by the time of the March international break.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Justified logic wrote:Nah. Can't get enthused by a couple of 0-0 bores. Even if our overexcitable media are saying we're now contenders for the WC. Sorry, you have to put the ball over the goal-line to be that; that's the purpose of the game. I just hope we've got the prem title sewn up by the time of the March international break.

Not if you're Lampard
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Justified logic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Very pleased that West Brom's McCunt is hurting after the RoI exit from WC qualification.

I just hope the hurt is terminal. :evil: :twisted: :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42001687
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Justified logic wrote:Very pleased that West Brom's McCunt is hurting after the RoI exit from WC qualification.

O neil is a dinosaur...shocking tactics that got its just rewards.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Very pleased that West Brom's McCunt is hurting after the RoI exit from WC qualification.

O’Neil is a dinosaur...shocking tactics that got its just rewards.

Bottom line is we just don’t have the players, but what O’Neill is doing, both with the game he has them playing and most often the team selection to suit that, reflects what he thinks we are capable of and more importantly what he is capable of getting out of them.
Dinosaur is the truth. The team are limited but he is even more limited.

I watched a bit of the U21’s being beaten by Norway 2-1.
You wouldn’t recognise any name on the team sheet and yes they were beaten, but Noel King the coach actually had them playing something approximating football.

I watched them put 20+ passes together and a final ball into the box that came close and wondered why can’t our seniors be told to try this.
These youngsters can’t be any better than the senior team so surely O’Neill and Keane could encourage something a little more ambitious than hoofing it anywhere.

I think his style of management is an easy option. There is so much crap talked about his man management and motivation. It is too easy for him to sell this lowest common denominator football.

The way to excellence is to convince all your players to perform to the level of your best player. That’s what should be done in training. I think that’s beyond him.

Anyway rant over from me.

Italy not going.
Netherlands not going.
Now Ireland not going.

I know. The world is ending.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:17 pm

just ordered Pizza in an italian restaurant . The owner knows i am a City fan and he‘s a napoli fan. I haven’t seen him since we beat them and i said ‘non parla Calcio’ because of monday night.

I’m not sure , but i think he just told his chef to gob on my pizza .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:22 pm

zuricity wrote:just ordered Pizza in an italian restaurant . The owner knows i am a City fan and he‘s a napoli fan. I haven’t seen him since we beat them and i said ‘non parla Calcio’ because of monday night.

Be lucky if he only spits on it!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:29 pm

zuricity wrote:just ordered Pizza in an italian restaurant . The owner knows i am a City fan and he‘s a napoli fan. I haven’t seen him since we beat them and i said ‘non parla Calcio’ because of monday night.

You could of eaten the fuckign thing first before you took the piss )))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You could of eaten the fuckign thing first before you took the piss )))

wait until he finds out what his wife has been doing ... feckin’ glory hunter she is.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Watch on youtube.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 pm

All four City players left out of the Brazil squad for next month's international friendlies played the USA.

Goalkeepers: Alisson (Liverpool), Neto (Valencia), Hugo (Flamengo)

Defenders: Alex Sandro (Juventus), Dede (Cruzeiro), Fabinho (Liverpool), Fagner (Corinthians), Felipe (Porto), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid), Marquinhos, Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain)

Midfielders: Andreas Pereira (Manchester United), Fred (Manchester United), Arthur (Barcelona), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Lucas Paqueta (Flamengo), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan)

Forwards: Douglas Costa (Juventus), Everton (Gremio), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain), Pedro (Fluminense), Willian (Chelsea)

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/ ... uad-081718
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:22 pm

That's good for us - no longhaul flights for them - hopefully they don't sulk about it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Aguero and Otamendi left out of the Argie squad too (along with Messi)

Goalkeepers: Franco Armani (River Plate), Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad, ESP), Sergio Romero (Manchester United, ENG).

Defenders: Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla, ESP), Fabricio Bustos (Independiente, German Pezzella (Fiorentina, ITA), Alan Franco (Independiente), Ramiro Funes Mori (Villarreal, ESP), Walter Kannemann (Gremio, BRA), Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax, NED), Marcos Acuna (Sporting Lisbon, POR), Eduardo Salvio (Benfica, POR), Leonel Di Placido (Lanus).

Midfielders: Santiago Ascacibar (Stuttgart, GER), Leandro Paredes (Zenit, RUS), Rodrigo Battaglia (Sporting Lisbon, POR), Maximiliano Meza (Independiente), Giovani Lo Celso (PSG, FRA), Gonzalo Martinez (River Plate), Franco Cervi (Benfica, POR), Franco Vazquez (Sevilla, ESP), Matias Vargas (Velez), Exequiel Palacios (River Plate).

Forwards: Cristian Pavon (Boca Juniors), Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan, ITA), Paulo Dybala (Juventus, ITA), Mauro Icardi (Inter Milan, ITA), Giovanni Simeone (Fiorentina, ITA), Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid, EPA).
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:44 pm

johnny crossan wrote:All four City players left out of the Brazil squad for next month's international friendlies played the USA.

Goalkeepers: Alisson (Liverpool), Neto (Valencia), Hugo (Flamengo)

Defenders: Alex Sandro (Juventus), Dede (Cruzeiro), Fabinho (Liverpool), Fagner (Corinthians), Felipe (Porto), Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid), Marquinhos, Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain)

Midfielders: Andreas Pereira (Manchester United), Fred (Manchester United), Arthur (Barcelona), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Lucas Paqueta (Flamengo), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan)

Forwards: Douglas Costa (Juventus), Everton (Gremio), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain), Pedro (Fluminense), Willian (Chelsea)

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/ ... uad-081718

There's a Brazilian named Everton? :lol: :lol: :lol:
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum