January Transfer Window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

January Transfer Window

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:33 am

I'd kick off with this is this lad - just for the name

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Scatman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:58 am

He's Leander, He's Leander
He's Leander den-Donker he is.

He wants to be in Our gang, our gang, our gang....
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:51 pm

I for one, I'd be delighted if it'll end up with WW's and JC's sponsored left back. and take the necessary steps to bring home the MLS CB lad asap.

I also very much hope we'll make Arse-ne swallow the whole bitter pill and wait till summer for a most tasty FREE signing of El Nino Maravilla.
I know Pep is kinda obsessed with da man, but I also have a discomforted feeling about what impact Sanchez might have on the dressing-room equilibrium of an already star-studded attacking dept.
as impopulr as it is, that's my worry.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:23 pm

As reported in Chinners SB the alleged blue Simon Mullock reckons we're doing a deal for Leon Goretzka in January with Yaya off to NYCFC
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... a-11543706

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:37 pm

johnny crossan wrote:As reported in Chinners SB the alleged blue Simon Mullock reckons we're doing a deal for Leon Goretzka in January with Yaya off to NYCFC

Watch on youtube.com

quality player
if we signed him and dendonker we would be unstoppable
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:As reported in Chinners SB the alleged blue Simon Mullock reckons we're doing a deal for Leon Goretzka in January with Yaya off to NYCFC

Watch on youtube.com

quality player
if we signed him and dendonker we would be unstoppable

We should also be in for that German left winger supplying him quite often in those clips.

They can keep the right winger though :)

he‘s a trouble causer.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Watch on youtube.com

kinda hate him because he's a Schalke player but if we get him that'd be immense. it not only weakens Schalke but it'd improve us a lot as he's a great player. hard to see him not going to Bayern though.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Make no mistake, we must absolutly buy a left back. This must best our top priority early, not wait until the last day of January.

Mendy will be out close to next season and from that time on, he will be a gamble if he will be the same or not, while Delphinho, well, he is always a huge risk around him so we really must be smart about this, even if at the moment, our he is crucial to our first eleven.

Our left back choice must be a smart option from our club, because he is not coming here as a back-up, but maybe, as a starter.

And yes, fucking get Goretzka, he is the next Kross.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Im worried we might upset the apple cart of we sign a big name player.

I disagree we need a left back too. Delph has been phenomenal and mendy is world class. We have danilo as third choice i just dont see room for more than that.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Im worried we might upset the apple cart of we sign a big name player.

I disagree we need a left back too. Delph has been phenomenal and mendy is world class. We have danilo as third choice i just dont see room for more than that.

Totally agree with you.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Im worried we might upset the apple cart of we sign a big name player.

Totally agree with you.

It's a powerful argument that we're unbeaten and playing the best football anyone has ever seen so why change anything?
I think the counter is Pep's own, we still need to improve.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Mendy will be out a shit load of time and Delph has a huge record behind him, add that Walker got injured a few times also and we find ourselves open just with Danilo who is a right back and did not impress on the left.

Ending january with no new left back, even maybe a loan, worst case scenario, imho, will be mad with us going for at least two trophies this year.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 pm

The usual twice yearly "Sergio to Real" shite emerging again.

Edit: Ooops, hadn't read the bollox thread.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Shakermaker90 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Going off Pep's comments in press conferences over the last 6 weeks, I'd expect a new CB, possibly just on loan until summer when we can buy a long term partner for Stones. And if we're gonna loan someone as a CB, surely it'll be someone from either Spain or Germany that Pep has worked with previously.

I understand the LB debate, Danilo hasn't impressed me there, to be honest (Equally, the way he played against Wolves, I was doubting that he was good enough to play RB for us!) and whilst I love Delph, we're asking a lot from him - especially WHEN we get to the latter stages of the Chimps League. I think a LB is a likely addition.

Other than that, I think we'll have a very quiet January. It'll be more a case of outgoings for young players and Yaya will probably agree a deal to join NYCFC at the end of our season.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Shakermaker90 wrote:Going off Pep's comments in press conferences over the last 6 weeks, I'd expect a new CB, possibly just on loan until summer when we can buy a long term partner for Stones. And if we're gonna loan someone as a CB, surely it'll be someone from either Spain or Germany that Pep has worked with previously.

I understand the LB debate, Danilo hasn't impressed me there, to be honest (Equally, the way he played against Wolves, I was doubting that he was good enough to play RB for us!) and whilst I love Delph, we're asking a lot from him - especially WHEN we get to the latter stages of the Chimps League. I think a LB is a likely addition.

Other than that, I think we'll have a very quiet January. It'll be more a case of outgoings for young players and Yaya will probably agree a deal to join NYCFC at the end of our season.

No Sanchez then?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:56 am

patrickblue wrote:

Totally agree with you.

agreed. the only thing i think we need barring injury is a replacement for Mangala.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:36 am

We absolutely need a left back. Delph has been very good but he is a midfielder however more importantly he is injury prone. Yes Mendy is world class but....

Danilo is better suited as back up to Walker, and not at his best on the left.
I hope Delph can last the pace injury wise because he will need to. I see your logic but its still a big risk in my view.

We needed a 'back up' or second left back in August, we still need one. Going forward, next season, that will not negate the need for Delph he can still play / provide cover for midfield
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:04 am

sheblue wrote:

We absolutely need a left back. Delph has been very good but he is a midfielder however more importantly he is injury prone. Yes Mendy is world class but....

Danilo is better suited as back up to Walker, and not at his best on the left.
I hope Delph can last the pace injury wise because he will need to. I see your logic but its still a big risk in my view.

We needed a 'back up' or second left back in August, we still need one. Going forward, next season, that will not negate the need for Delph he can still play / provide cover for midfield

Abidelph is performing just as well if not better than any current left back in the PL. I do share your concern over his injury woes though.

Who could we get in January though? Fatty Shaw off the rags, I'm sure Pep could work his magic on him and even if we didn't get him a bid would get under the rags' skin. Lucas Hernandez from Atlético, ideal as covers both centre back and left back as would Kieran Tierney from Celtic.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Shakermaker90 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Shakermaker90 wrote:Going off Pep's comments in press conferences over the last 6 weeks, I'd expect a new CB, possibly just on loan until summer when we can buy a long term partner for Stones. And if we're gonna loan someone as a CB, surely it'll be someone from either Spain or Germany that Pep has worked with previously.

No Sanchez then?

I wouldn't be surprised if we put off signing Sanchez until the summer. Our squad is doing fine upfront at the moment, so it's not really a priority - whereas strengthening the defence is. He clearly looked like he wanted to come to us in the summer and it's no secret that Pep wanted to sign him, but there's no real rush.
Of course, if we have the money and are serious about going for silverware then it'll do us some good to be greedy and sign him in January.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:55 am

Shakermaker90 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

No Sanchez then?

I wouldn't be surprised if we put off signing Sanchez until the summer. Our squad is doing fine upfront at the moment, so it's not really a priority - whereas strengthening the defence is. He clearly looked like he wanted to come to us in the summer and it's no secret that Pep wanted to sign him, but there's no real rush.
Of course, if we have the money and are serious about going for silverware then it'll do us some good to be greedy and sign him in January.

Fine at the moment but if one gets injured the other won't be far behind. I think we need a forward, a CB and a left back.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum