The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:The dole scrounging little scrote has finally got a job.

Former Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs is set to sign a consultancy deal to become director of football at a Vietnamese football academy.

Just beat me to it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://bbc.in/2zV9BCv

Is it too early to start making gags about dogs?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:The dole scrounging little scrote has finally got a job.

Former Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs is set to sign a consultancy deal to become director of football at a Vietnamese football academy.

Just beat me to it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://bbc.in/2zV9BCv

Is it too early to start making gags about dogs?

Nope.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm

In the Scum car park today, Luke Shaw reversed his (£100,000) Range Rover into Phil Jones' (£200,000) Bentley Continental.

I think that's a pretty poor state of affairs, to be honest because, with all the practice they get at 'parking the bus', I thought their vehicle handling skills would be better than that.

I blame Mourinho. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:In the Scum car park today, Luke Shaw reversed his (£100,000) Range Rover into Phil Jones' (£200,000) Bentley Continental.

I think that's a pretty poor state of affairs, to be honest because, with all the practice they get at 'parking the bus', I thought their vehicle handling skills would be better than that.

I blame Mourinho. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Use the fork Luke. Use the fucking fork!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 pm

I'm guessing it was hard to tell if Jones was shocked or not.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:27 pm

"United will fight to keep Bogbrush"

Fantastic
Original Dub

Postby Justified logic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:"United will fight to keep Bogbrush"

Fantastic

You're turning up some very partial sources. What's this one?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Whatever the result, I'll still be laughing ;-)

I do hope they stuff it down CamelGobs mouth!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Loved the headline LIVERPOOL LOOKING INTO SEVILLE POLICING you’d think the bbc wouldn’t run it, a fading force in football no trophy for years has ambitions to be an international policing body.
Probably a few scousers lighting candles in ano smoking area and got a good thumping by the Spanish cops.
When will they get the fact that no one gives a toss.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:"United will fight to keep Bogbrush"

Fantastic

You're turning up some very partial sources. What's this one?

Skysports.com
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Did I just see the right score?

Am I allowed too?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blackadder » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 pm

Basel Brush aside United. Boom boom...
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Blackadder wrote:Basel Brush aside United. Boom boom...

:lol:
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm

I've been looking at that for a few seconds and then it dawned on me.

Well done;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blackadder » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Gold from The Beeb. Smalling is 'surprised' at Southgate's reasoning for leaving him out of the England squad...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42071986

Manchester United's Chris Smalling was "surprised" by the reason England boss Gareth Southgate gave for leaving him out of his last squad - but says he has not given up hope of a recall.

Southgate suggested an inability to play out from the back had cost central defender Smalling his place.

But the 27-year-old, capped 31 times, believes he has plenty to offer.

"I play for one of the biggest clubs and most successful managers in Jose [Mourinho]," he said.

"You don't play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for as long as I have and won most trophies bar the Champions League without being able to do everything that a top defender can do, be it playing or defending.

"Was I surprised? Yes."

'Your club form decides if you play at a World Cup'

Smalling, who moved to Old Trafford in 2010, has made 13 appearances this season, helping United keep eight clean sheets.

Team-mate Phil Jones, Chelsea's Gary Cahill, Leicester's Harry Maguire, Liverpool's Joe Gomez and John Stones of Manchester City were selected ahead of him for England's home friendlies against Germany and Brazil, both of which ended 0-0.

Asked about his decision, Southgate said: "I have huge respect for Chris. He's a player who's obviously playing at a big club.

"We want to play a certain way. The players we've brought in we want to see using the ball from the back and building up in a certain way. That's a style I want to have a look at.

"I know what Chris can do. We've picked young defenders who haven't got as many games under their belt so this is a great chance to look at them."

Smalling said: "This year, as a team, we have one of the best defensive records and have done for a number of years. I'm proud to be part of that.

"It is your club form that decides if you play at a World Cup because there aren't many England games throughout the season.

"While I'm here, as part of a successful team, that should show, come the summer, what is to be."
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Blackadder wrote:Gold from The Beeb. Smalling is 'surprised' at Southgate's reasoning for leaving him out of the England squad...

The subtext on this is that Southgate, after watching Englands youth teams sweep aside all before them this summer, wants to base the senior teams style of play on how City play as this is how our Academy is set up. Along with Chelsea's as well it should be noted
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Top notch 'punnery'/'pun-play'. ;)

Well done to you :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Blackadder wrote:Gold from The Beeb. Smalling is 'surprised' at Southgate's reasoning for leaving him out of the England squad...

Manchester United's Chris Smalling was "surprised" by the reason England boss Gareth Southgate gave for leaving him out of his last squad - but says he has not given up hope of a recall.

Southgate suggested an inability to play out from the back had cost central defender Smalling his place.

"I play for one of the biggest clubs and most successful managers in Jose [Mourinho]," he said.

"You don't play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for as long as I have and won most trophies bar the Champions League without being able to do everything that a top defender can do, be it playing or defending.

"Was I surprised? Yes."

Smalling, who moved to Old Trafford in 2010, has made 13 appearances this season, helping United keep eight clean sheets.

Team-mate Phil Jones, Chelsea's Gary Cahill, Leicester's Harry Maguire, Liverpool's Joe Gomez and John Stones of Manchester City were selected ahead of him for England's home friendlies against Germany and Brazil, both of which ended 0-0.

Asked about his decision, Southgate said: "I have huge respect for Chris. He's a player who's obviously playing at a big club.

"We want to play a certain way. The players we've brought in we want to see using the ball from the back and building up in a certain way. That's a style I want to have a look at.

"I know what Chris can do. We've picked young defenders who haven't got as many games under their belt so this is a great chance to look at them."

Smalling said: "This year, as a team, we have one of the best defensive records and have done for a number of years. I'm proud to be part of that.

"It is your club form that decides if you play at a World Cup because there aren't many England games throughout the season.

"While I'm here, as part of a successful team, that should show, come the summer, what is to be."

I saw that myself BA and had a good chuckle about it.

It would seem that Smalling's dinosaur route one distribution from the back has finally made him obsolete in international terms.....and not before time :lol: :lol:

I somehow doubt though that he'll be knocking on Mourinho's door, urging him to alter the Scum's playing style, as it's said that leopard's can't change their spots and getting the Swamp Stars to play football is doctrinally an impossibility.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

"Was I surprised? Yes."

I saw that myself BA and had a good chuckle about it.

It would seem that Smalling's dinosaur route one distribution from the back has finally made him obsolete in international terms.....and not before time :lol: :lol:

I somehow doubt though that he'll be knocking on Mourinho's door, urging him to alter the Scum's playing style, as it's said that leopard's can't change their spots and getting the Swamp Stars to play football is doctrinally an impossibility.

Very much sounded to me like he is a Rag natural, getting into the squad via the team that they played for rather than how they played, and should be there on 'istree, not form.

Oh, just realised, that's how the FA usually works, parameters have changed.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 am

craigmcfc wrote:

:lol:

That'll be used by The Sun tomorrow! Classic!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum