December is a Season defining Month

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

December is a Season defining Month

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:55 pm

We are about to start a marathon 11 game run mostly through the month of December.

It kicks off with 2 Home games on the bounce starting this week, Southampton Wednesday, followed by West Ham Sunday.

Off to Shaktar we go for the last group game of the Champions League Wednesday week, before a trip to the Rags Sunday week. The Tuesday after, 12th December it is Swansea away, followed by Spurs for a 17.30 kick off on the Saturday. Tuesday after the Spurs game 19th December sees us play Leicester in the Quarter Finals of the Kangaroo Cup. We then have a Home game against Bournemouth 4 days later on Saturday 23rd December, before Newcastle away 4 days later Wednesday 27th December.4 days after this, its Crystal Palace away on Sunday 31st December before a Home game 2 days later against Watford on Tuesday 2nd January, Then a 2 week break before Liverpool away on Sunday 14th January.

I am going to stick my neck on the line here, and say I think we will know if it’s our year after this lot of games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have a good month the fat Lady really could be clearing her throat on January 2 :D :D

Teams around us are hoping our season is going to unravel over the next month. I have seen quotes attributed to Spurs/Chelsea/Rags that insinuate a crash is imminent. :roll: :roll: :roll:

December is a season defining month for sure.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: December is a Season defining Month

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:13 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Then a 2 week break before Liverpool away on Sunday 14th January.

No 2-week break. FA Cup Third Round is sandwiched in between.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:13 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Then a 2 week break before Liverpool away on Sunday 14th January.

The draw for which is a week today......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:18 pm

CL game players will be rest along with the Kangaroo Cup. Crystal Palace to Watford at home is the only worry for me regarding tiredness. Injuries is another thing...
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:23 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Forgot about the FA Cup :shock: :shock: .Insane few weeks coming up.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:CL game players will be rest along with the Kangaroo Cup. Crystal Palace to Watford at home is the only worry for me regarding tiredness. Injuries is another thing...
I agree regards injuries.

We could not have lost John Stones at a worse time,I could slap Southgate for playing him in those 2 pointless friendlies.There was no need for playing him back to back games like that with nothing at stake.And they wonder why England never win fuck all :roll:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

rest some players for chumps lg, rest others for Leicester and beat utd
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:18 pm

id gladly sacrifice the league cup and FAC in order to rest key players for PL and CL. a loser's mentality perhaps, but i'd rather be a loser with 1-2 big pots than a "winner" with none.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby freshie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:05 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Forgot about the FA Cup :shock: :shock: .Insane few weeks coming up.

Why? The quadruple is on - I say go for it and then the rags can stick their treble up their arse

I miss our FA cup finals. Definitely want us to win it this season
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:12 pm

The next 2 upcoming home games this week are season defining for me , then we can go to the swamp and rip the rags a new one !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:18 pm

City64 wrote:The next 2 upcoming home games this week are season defining for me , then we can go to the swamp and rip the rags a new one !

Though it's still earlyish days, win the next two and I think other teams will actually give up on the title and focus on making sure they finish top 4. IF we have 14 wins from 15 games and are still 8/10/12 points ahead then we really would need to throw it away not to win it.

Most seasons 90 points is enough, if not a little less. We would then need 47 points from 23 games, basically an average of two points a game, very achievable. And when we beat the SCUM at the swamp even that dick at Betfred will pay out
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:The next 2 upcoming home games this week are season defining for me , then we can go to the swamp and rip the rags a new one !

Though it's still earlyish days, win the next two and I think other teams will actually give up on the title and focus on making sure they finish top 4. IF we have 14 wins from 15 games and are still 8/10/12 points ahead then we really would need to throw it away not to win it.

Most seasons 90 points is enough, if not a little less. We would then need 47 points from 23 games, basically an average of two points a game, very achievable. And when we beat the SCUM at the swamp even that dick at Betfred will pay out

I can see the rags dropping points in their next 2 away fixtures to Watford and Arsenal. The season could be over before the derby
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Yep, it'd take something beyond belief (refs aside) to lose it in those circumstances.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm taking one game at a time. I've been kicked in the dick far too often to be thinking the league could be over soon. If we dominate for the next 20 years I may just start to feel confident.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I'm taking one game at a time. I've been kicked in the dick far too often to be thinking the league could be over soon. If we dominate for the next 20 years I may just start to feel confident.

My take as well. Lets win the next game, get some of our swagger back and focus on the next one up. Fans at the stadium have thier part to play to make it tough for saints.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:12 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I'm taking one game at a time. I've been kicked in the dick far too often to be thinking the league could be over soon. If we dominate for the next 20 years I may just start to feel confident.

That's the way.

And of course all the other challengers will have equally schedules with less talented squads.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 am

Stay undefeated through December and I’ll beleive we’re wining the league. We’re always too close to a slip up to be too confident.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am

Yes December is a tough month for ALL teams, I expect us to come through it about as good as anybody else in the same situation. We might loose 1 or 2 but so will most of the others.
If were 15 points clear with 5 to go then its time to assume the title, but not until then. Its still one game at a time for me and this stuff about going the season unbeaten is complete rubbish. Its virtually impossible in the current structure of the PL and I wish the goons in the media would give it a rest.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:38 am

sheblue wrote:Yes December is a tough month for ALL teams, I expect us to come through it about as good as anybody else in the same situation. We might loose 1 or 2 but so will most of the others.
If were 15 points clear with 5 to go then its time to assume the title, but not until then. Its still one game at a time for me and this stuff about going the season unbeaten is complete rubbish. Its virtually impossible in the current structure of the PL andI wish the goons in the media would give it a rest.

It's what they do best Sheblue, it was the same last season, they built Pep up after the opening games, talk of quadruples and what not just so they could stick the boot in when he failed to live up to the standards they set for him.

Unfortunately quite a few City fans got caught up in that media drivel and also stuck the boot in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:Yes December is a tough month for ALL teams, I expect us to come through it about as good as anybody else in the same situation. We might loose 1 or 2 but so will most of the others.
If were 15 points clear with 5 to go then its time to assume the title, but not until then. Its still one game at a time for me and this stuff about going the season unbeaten is complete rubbish. Its virtually impossible in the current structure of the PL andI wish the goons in the media would give it a rest.

It's what they do best Sheblue, it was the same last season, they built Pep up after the opening games, talk of quadruples and what not just so they could stick the boot in when he failed to live up to the standards they set for him.

Unfortunately quite a few City fans got caught up in that media drivel and also stuck the boot in.

Indeed they did mate.

It was fucking embarrassing for the most part.
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum