***MCFC vs WHUFC*** Official Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***MCFC vs WHUFC*** Official Match Thread

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Mase wrote:Delph was decent today - dunno what other people were watching. He was constantly trying to up the temp and keep the ball moving. No issues with him for me.

He played a good enough game, but his holding the ball often slowed our overall game, including getting robbed twice. I’m not hammering him, he’s definitely a decent option, but he’s not at fern level yet. Some games and he might be.

Danilo at left back I thought was fine, I spent the whole first half wondering why none of his overlaps actually got rewarded with the ball. If Mendy makes 20 runs without a pass he’d look shit too.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:20 pm

Another massive 3 pts , awful game brought about by yet another negative park the fucking bus shit mentality of the visiting team and coach . The Premier League is being brought into disrepute by this utterly negative anti football bile . No fault of ours or Pep the opposition or the PL need to grow some bollocks or refund the paying public simple !!! Yet again we found a way through 11 behind the ball who were wasting time as early as the 4th fucking minute !!! what sort of disgrace is that ??? Again the PL should act on this anti football bilge robbing the public of there hard earned cash who expect to see a decent game of elite PL football with untold millions of pounds of talent on display and only one team trying to play but being strangled to death . Fine these teams or dock them points for non trying / participation ......... we would soon see a half decent game for the money we have to shell out !!!

Well done City on yet another victory we go marching on .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Mase wrote:Delph was decent today - dunno what other people were watching. He was constantly trying to up the temp and keep the ball moving. No issues with him for me.

He played a good enough game, but his holding the ball often slowed our overall game, including getting robbed twice. I’m not hammering him, he’s definitely a decent option, but he’s not at fern level yet. Some games and he might be.

Danilo at left back I thought was fine, I spent the whole first half wondering why none of his overlaps actually got rewarded with the ball. If Mendy makes 20 runs without a pass he’d look shit too.

Opinion on both Delph & Danilo appears to be rather divided, excellent - it encourages constructive debate.
Danilo is gash at LB btw.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Bang on
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 pm

I have to say I thought Delph was one of our best performers again today. He’s versatile and gives 100% every time, great squad player.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I have to say I thought Delph was one of our best performers again today. He’s versatile and gives 100% every time, great squad player.

the way he pulled that ball down and turned in the first half was a thing of beauty.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:I have to say I thought Delph was one of our best performers again today. He’s versatile and gives 100% every time, great squad player.

the way he pulled that ball down and turned in the first half was a thing of beauty.

Really happy he’s shined when the chance came his way. He doesn’t shy out of a tackle and is starting to look really confident on the ball. Showed some lovely Footwork at one point when winning the free kick on the edge of the box.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 pm

Augh! Didn't get up early enough to catch this one AND forgot to record it.
No MotM thread today?
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Christ we badly need to get mendy back or another proper left back into the team so we can deploy a proper 352 against this bus parking shite.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 pm

My Mrs said midway through the first half 'You're not enjoying this, are you', and she was right. But then I thought 'Let's see how we handle this, once again', and I took on a different take to the game. And you know what, it became interesting again.

Watching a team park the bus and waste as much time as possible doesn't get the juices flowing but it does pose the question of how we get by these teams, and each time, we've found a way. The way we don't just try and lump it pays dividends in the end as teams cannot hold out for the full 90 and you can see from about 70 mins on how stamina and mental strength were waning from the oppo players.

The biggest thing for me is how much the players trust in the system, knowing that one of them will get the chance in the closing minutes. And once we get that goal, I love the way we throw it back in their faces by slowing the play knowing they haven't the energy to close us down whilst wasting time when they need the ball back in play.

Although a dire game in most respects, I take great pride in how the players never give in. So, Pep, take a bow son, this is what legendary football teams are all about.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 am

Was hilarious seeing Adrian rushing to take goal kicks after we took the lead. The crowd erupted with laughter :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am

london blue 2 wrote:Was hilarious seeing Adrian rushing to take goal kicks after we took the lead. The crowd erupted with laughter :lol:

The crowd counting whenever he had a goal kick was great, it's a cracking idea and about the only way we can counter this time wasting nonsense, puts more pressure on the ref to deal with it properly.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 am

london blue 2 wrote:Was hilarious seeing Adrian rushing to take goal kicks after we took the lead. The crowd erupted with laughter :lol:

it's a fucking embarrassing tactic. to be doing it from
the first minute is a joke. sad that opposition managers have been reduced to using it as one of their main tactics to beat (/frustrate) us.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:51 am

Dean was a shit house with the time wasting. Turned his back on every goal kick
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 am

sheblue wrote:Christ we badly need to get mendy back or another proper left back into the team so we can deploy a proper 352 against this bus parking shite.

In conjunction with what you're saying SB, I also wonder if we have any scope for widening the pitch a little further, to try and make sides who park the bus do a bit more running and get tired sooner ??

I seem to recall that, in years gone by, Big Mal was a keen advocate of such an approach.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Watched the Ian cheeseman pod cast from the tunnel club today. It was good, one fella had flew over from the USA for the game and said Moyes is anti football and he wished Silva celebrated by banging his studs on the post to show Adrian up for his crap time wasting antics.

Thought it was quite funny
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby charvet_wonderland » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Nick wrote:Dean was a shit house with the time wasting. Turned his back on every goal kick

Incorrect. He had a right go at Ederson at the end when he didn't immediately restart play with Mangala still spazzed on the touchline.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum