Has Age Caught Up With Aguero ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Has Age Caught Up With Aguero ?

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:37 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Slim wrote:16 appearances
11 goals

Panic????

I admit it is a strange one,His goals performance ratio is very good.He will always score goals.It is his all round game thats the problem.He makes it so easy for defenders to shut up shop.When KDB. Sane,Silva are on fire no one cares.Yesterday we needed more from him against a stubborn resolute defence.Simply never happened until Jesus came on the pitch.I think his performance in general have been pretty dire for a while if i am being honest.It is glossed over by him scoring a goal.You cant really criticise a striker for scoring after all.He is doing what he is paid to do.I think though that the lone striker roll demands more from a player.You cant simply always glide through a game waiting for a tap in from a cross from KDB or Sane. Sometimes it needs for you to step up to the Plate and make it happen.It dosent happen enough for me.Jesus for instance movement off the Ball is the Polar opposite of Aguero he makes things happen.Soon as he came on yesterday West Ham started to struggle defensively trying to contain us.

looks like Guardiola is on to it.Looks like we will be playing more to Aguero all round strengths over the coming weeks.Starting with the scum :D :D

Fair point Zab, especially if the rest of the team are working their socks off.

Moreover, hasn't there been some discussion on here, of late, that 'tap ins' don't actually count ??

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm in the camp saying Kun always takes time to get going after injury.
Not too sure how much a car crash counts, but I'd expect him to hit some form shortly.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby mr_nool » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:I'm in the camp saying Kun always takes time to get going after injury.
Not too sure how much a car crash counts, but I'd expect him to hit some form shortly.

I, for one, was very surprised at how fast he was back after his broken rib. I don't have access to top of the line medical advise and horse strength painkillers, but I've been sidelined much longer for merely a bruised rib. It could be that his movement has been slightly hampered.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:40 pm

One thing with Aguero is that he he comes "alive" once he has scored in a game , if he bags one early he goes hunting for another and another . Lately with the oppositions "stifling" tactics he has been subdued and stopped making those little runs and peeling off into space in and around the box . He used to come deeper to look for the ball in tight games of seasons past but it looks like Pep has stopped him doing that in this new more effective system and wants him in or around the box at all times . We look far more effective when Jesus is introduced in the last 3 bore fests his movement and little runs and work rate gets already tired defenders struggling . Aguero always scores against the rags doesn't he ? a brace on sunday would just be fine and the rags fear him like fuck BIGTIME ! 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm

This is post-record form.

He needs to get his head around that and understand it passed and needs to focus on this season. The way we look and play, we could go for the big pot this year and we need the best version of him.
That said, I wouldn't start him on Sunday.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Statuesque again in his few minutes tonight
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Looks like he will start Sunday all the same.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Statuesque again in his few minutes tonight
I agree.

I know Jesus form is not great at the moment, but at least he runs his socks off tries to make things happen.

Aguero seems to go hiding far too much for my liking. What I mean by that is, you know when Aguero can’t be arsed he just stays next to defenders for most the game. When the Ball does arrive at his feet it ends up bouncing off him like a pinball going everywhere.

We need one of our strikers to find their shooting Boots.

Personally I would start with Jesus Sunday, although I think Guardiola will start Aguero.I think Jesus gives Rags defenders more to think about.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum