Pre Match Thread | Rags v City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pre Match Thread | Rags v City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm thinking this will be played in the right way with both teams playing ultimate football. No diving or feigning injury with the referee getting every decision right.

It's going to be a classic. End to end attacking threat from 2 of the most expensive managers in the league.

I can't wait!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pre Match Thread | Rags v City

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Rags are the Highest odds offered to win at home since 2005.

Rags are 5/2 currently on offer to win Sunday’s game.

It is the best price any bookmaker has gone on a United victory at home in the Premier League since they were on offer at 12/5 (via Skybet) back in 2005.

We are favourites for the Derby win, odds being offered starting at 23/20

When they were 12/5 on Skybet they went on to beat Chelsea 1-0.

Chelsea arrived at the Swamp on a 40 match unbeaten run.

Still Bookies very rarely get it wrong................. Inconceivable they would get it wrong again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 pm

We'll get the points, they'll claim a moral victory cos pogscum wasn't playing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Rags are the Highest odds offered to win at home since 2005.

It is the best price any bookmaker has gone on a United victory at home in the Premier League since they were on offer at 12/5 (via Skybet) back in 2005.

Still Bookies very rarely get it wrong................. Inconceivable they would get it wrong again. :roll: :roll: :roll:

They're great odds for a home team, especially for the Rags. I bet the draw is a more appropriate way to work out what the bookies make of it. All about the offset.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 pm

lftcu!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

They're great odds for a home team, especially for the Rags. I bet the draw is a more appropriate way to work out what the bookies make of it. All about the offset.
I fancy the draw Beefy.I think it will be a tight game, both sides fearing defeat 0-0.If Early season City turn up,who knows though.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Hoof elbow hoof hoof and elbow again followed by a few more elbows....
Masterclass.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I fancy the draw Beefy.I think it will be a tight game, both sides fearing defeat 0-0.If Early season City turn up,who knows though.

Yep, a lot of Rags will be on that so they try to entice them going for the win.

The bookies ain't daft, they work the bets but always I'm conjunction with the probable outcome.

Those odds say to me win to us or draw, and after the last game, what was it, 33 shots, 14 on goal, then they have a point.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:35 pm

I am the natural pessimist and I can't see us getting anything from the game. We are clearly the better team and no Pogba does help but we haven't been playing well for a while whereas they have been.Their game plan will be easy with a parked bus, draw us in and hit on the break with Lulu to hopefully hold it and then unleash their roadrunners.

Midfield will be an irrelevance as they will not try to play through it and their high pressing will be quite limited to conserve their energy but that will go long and hope to catch us.

Of course if we get it right ,and Pep will know exactly what to expect and how to play against it, we do have a great chance if our finishing is class and D Gea doesnt get lucky again. The world and his dog outside City seems to want the scum to win to make something of the league. We just have to hope the ref doesnt agree
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I am the natural pessimist and I can't see us getting anything from the game. We are clearly the better team and no Pogba does help but we haven't been playing well for a while whereas they have been.Their game plan will be easy with a parked bus, draw us in and hit on the break with Lulu to hopefully hold it and then unleash their roadrunners.

Midfield will be an irrelevance as they will not try to play through it and their high pressing will be quite limited to conserve their energy but that will go long and hope to catch us.

Of course if we get it right ,and Pep will know exactly what to expect and how to play against it, we do have a great chance if our finishing is class and D Gea doesnt get lucky again. The world and his dog outside City seems to want the scum to win to make something of the league. We just have to hope the ref doesnt agree

They won't score from open play IMO...they will score from a set piece though..a shitty header.

We need to be 2 to 3 goals up in this match to stand a chance to win it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 am

Stats will read: poss 25/75 shots 4/30 shots on target 3/12.
3 SOT from say a corner, a set piece and a long ball could = 3 goals for Rags.
They are strong where we are weak.

Add in we are not playing well and we will get more yellow cards than them (early) And De Gea Iis a great keeper. This is a tough fixture and we may get nothing from it.
The bookies odds are not a true reflection of this match.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:10 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I am the natural pessimist and I can't see us getting anything from the game. We are clearly the better team and no Pogba does help but we haven't been playing well for a while whereas they have been.Their game plan will be easy with a parked bus, draw us in and hit on the break with Lulu to hopefully hold it and then unleash their roadrunners.

Exactly as I see it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Justified logic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 am

Dimples wrote:Stats will read: poss 25/75 shots 4/30 shots on target 3/12.
3 SOT from say a corner, a set piece and a long ball could = 3 goals for Rags.
They are strong where we are weak.

Add in we are not playing well and we will get more yellow cards than them (early) And De Gea Iis a great keeper. This is a tough fixture and we may get nothing from it.
The bookies odds are not a true reflection of this match.

On paper, we should win this, and that's reflected in the bookie's odds. However, I think you have it right. Their goalie is proven and their finishing clinical. Our goalie is nothing like as proven because he hasn't yet been tested like De Gea has and our finishing has recently been woeful in comparison to theirs. So, application and not a little bit of luck will win a tight contest and we all know how jammy those cunts are with their ref decisions, miss-hits, deflections and OGs. I suppose we should be grateful assistant referee Rooney won't be turning out for them. It could be any result and any score except a massive loss for us (surely we couldn't be that unlucky?) but I put my faith in Guardiola to put Mourinho and his team of cunts back in their box.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 am

The thought of martial, lukaku and rasshi running at vinnie and otter is frightening. However if we play smart and dont over commit we should be able to limit their breaks. Having kev and Silva playing deeper is key to this otherwise fern will be isolated in the middle.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues-clues » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 am

Would really like to keep our run of wins going and partly hope the players have been subconsciously "saving" themselves for this game in the last few matches ready to turn it on again as they did against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Those matches should be a guide to the differences between the two teams, City dominated all three and won them all. The same cannot be said for our opponents who could/should have come out of those three games with just a couple of points but in any event came out with 4.
I really hope that the way we play when we have needed to in the last few games is the way we will play in the whole of the game on Sunday. Lots of movement, fast, accurate passes and players looking to give each other options. We played Chelsea off the park at their place, the rags couldn't contain or dominate them in anything like the same way and made Chelsea look like a good team.

Whilst we lack physical presence in the penalty box there should be space for Sergio, Jesus, KDB, Sane and Dave to do what they do. Morata found acres of space between Smalling and Jones. We will have chances we just need to take them.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 am

I think Mourinho will try an early high press to force a mistake and get a lead, like they did for their first 2 goals at Arsenal.

Later they will likely sit back / park the bus, but looking to break at pace, as well as looking to come forward and score headers from set pieces.

A pressing United will get their fans shouting and increase pressure on the referee to give decisions in their favour.

I think we have looked lethargic, in the first half of the last few games. I hope Pep gives the peripheral players plenty of minutes against Shaktar.

The derby is surely our biggest test.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Burt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:58 am

Too much credit being given to those rag scummers. A few of the games this season they should have lost. Watford should have been two up before rags scored and when we get those chances we won't miss. We're gunna wipe the floor with them in their own back yard again and they know it's coming!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:01 am

If Arsenal can get 33 shots and 14 saves from their play, there's no reason we can't beat the shit out of them if they try the same tactics.

We haven't looked as dangerous in the last four games because everyone of those teams played not to get battered. If we're camped in their half from the start, the fans will get on their back.

And for those saying the rags are dangerous on the break need to remember, there's no team more dangerous on the break than us, so that possible high press early on could see us effectively finish the game in the first 20.

Time to put them into the shade.
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:22 am

Original Dub wrote:If Arsenal can get 33 shots and 14 saves from their play, there's no reason we can't beat the shit out of them if they try the same tactics.

We haven't looked as dangerous in the last four games because everyone of those teams played not to get battered. If we're camped in their half from the start, the fans will get on their back.

And for those saying the rags are dangerous on the break need to remember, there's no team more dangerous on the break than us, so that possible high press early on could see us effectively finish the game in the first 20.

Time to put them into the shade.

Hear, hear. Don't get all the sudden negativity on here about this game. This is a must win game for the rags so they're going to have to come at us which will leave space for Silva and KDB to weave their magic
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Burt wrote:Too much credit being given to those rag scummers. A few of the games this season they should have lost. Watford should have been two up before rags scored and when we get those chances we won't miss. We're gunna wipe the floor with them in their own back yard again and they know it's coming!

This
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum