'Pep Time'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

'Pep Time'

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:05 pm

For any non City fans reading....for the record, so called 'Pep Time' bears no fucking resemblance to 'Fergie Time'.

Fergie time was added time by bent refs, above and beyond what was reasonable injury time. City are just grinding teams down with our pressing and class and scoring, maybe late, but within the 90 mins or acceptable injury time.

At no time have we been given injury time that wasn't justified, or has a ref played over the stated injury time.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: 'Pep Time'

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm

exactly. "fergie time" had a meaning more sinister than just scoring late in extra time. it was bent AF but somehow laughed off like paul scholes' leg-breaking tackles.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:08 pm

I must admit I was surprised to hear talk of "Pep Time" this morning on the radio. My recollection was the winner was scored with more than five minutes of normal play to go.
And at Huddersfield
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I must admit I was surprised to hear talk of "Pep Time" this morning on the radio. My recollection was the winner was scored with more than five minutes of normal to go.
And at Huddersfield

Yeah me too. Youd swear we scored all our goals in 90+ time.

Media has too much airtime to fill these days to come up with this kind of rubbish
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:03 am

I am still looking forward to a 'real' book on Fergie - everything about his 'reign' was so dodgy.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.....
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 am

Exactly.

In fact, more often, than not in City games, injury time never truly reflects time wasted by the opposition during the game.

Referees in Rag games during Whiskey Nose era consistently found stoppage time of 5,6, even a ridiculous 7 minutes, in games the Rags were either drawing, or losing. There was definitely a correlation that even neutrals cottoned on to. When Rags were wining it was the normal 2,3, minutes stoppage time. Rags losing it was guaranteed to be anything up to 5,6,7, minutes.

Read that article wrote by Clattenburg on his officiating of that Chelsea v Spurs game during the Spurs implosion of their Title challenge season.

Corrupt bastard readily admits he deliberately never sent off 2 Spurs players that deserved reds, because he didn’t want to be blamed for the Spurs implosion.

It makes you wonder, how many times the corrupt twat was influenced by Whiskey Nose during his years in the Premier League if he can readily admit to that kind of corrupt behaviour in just one game like that.

He kept 2 players on the pitch that deserved a Red Card, as it happens it was all academic anyway. Leicester finished 6 points clear, so obviously he feels comfortable saying what he has said now. What about the corrupt decisions Clattenburg has made that impacted games, that obviously he will never tell, makes you wonder.

Pretty sure we have been on the receiving end of some iffy decisions with that bent twat.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Exactly.

In fact, more often, than not in City games, injury time never truly reflects time wasted by the opposition during the game.

Referees in Rag games during Whiskey Nose era consistently found stoppage time of 5,6, even a ridiculous 7 minutes, in games the Rags were either drawing, or losing. There was definitely a correlation that even neutrals cottoned on to. When Rags were wining it was the normal 2,3, minutes stoppage time. Rags losing it was guaranteed to be anything up to 5,6,7, minutes.

Read that article wrote by Clattenburg on his officiating of that Chelsea v Spurs game during the Spurs implosion of their Title challenge season.

Corrupt bastard readily admits he deliberately never sent off 2 Spurs players that deserved reds, because he didn’t want to be blamed for the Spurs implosion.

It makes you wonder, how many times the corrupt twat was influenced by Whiskey Nose during his years in the Premier League if he can readily admit to that kind of corrupt behaviour in just one game like that.

He kept 2 players on the pitch that deserved a Red Card, as it happens it was all academic anyway. Leicester finished 6 points clear, so obviously he feels comfortable saying what he has said now. What about the corrupt decisions Clattenburg has made that impacted games, that obviously he will never tell, makes you wonder.
Pretty sure we have been on the receiving end of some iffy decisions with that bent twat.

Penalty against Sterling when we played Spurs at home. We were looking likely to score at that point, if we'd won that game we would've been right back in the mix to push for the title. We ended up losing that 6 pointer 1-2 which effectively ended any hope we had of challenging.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Exactly.

Penalty against Sterling when we played Spurs at home. We were looking likely to score at that point, if we'd won that game we would've been right back in the mix to push for the title. We ended up losing that 6 pointer 1-2 which effectively ended any hope we had of challenging.
I remember that one :shock: :shock: .Funny how Clattenburg fucked off to the Middle east the way he did.He couldn't go directly to Malaysia ;) ;)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Return to The Maine Football forum