Pre Match Thread | Rags v City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pre Match Thread | Rags v City

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Rags are slightly better than Arsenal , too many on here giving them too much respect . Pep has Maureen in his pocket his record against him is phenomenal . Media will go into a rag wankfest later this week but the PL table doesn’t lie does it ? Get all our lads back from Ukraine safe and sound then it’s buisness as usual CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Tricky game and i have a bad feeling, in theory we should smash them but they have gotten very lucky lately.

If we find it hard to break down the teams in the last three games, utd playing the same tactics and make no mistake they will, with better players will make it difficult for us. They are also unbeaten at home since we beat them last year so over a year.

I would give anything for a win, even a horrible win. A win will more than certainly see us crowned champions in May.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:58 pm

pep says Silva may not be able to play on Sunday due to injury. Mind games?
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 pm

gmercer1 wrote:pep says Silva may not be able to play on Sunday due to injury. Mind games?

A 442 with sterling Fern Kev and Sane, Jesus and Serg??? Surely not :shock:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 pm

gmercer1 wrote:pep says Silva may not be able to play on Sunday due to injury. Mind games?

Hope to god that's not true, if it is would pep consider putting Foden in? Or go with ilkay?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:06 pm

of course it's mind games
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:If Arsenal can get 33 shots and 14 saves from their play, there's no reason we can't beat the shit out of them if they try the same tactics.

We haven't looked as dangerous in the last four games because everyone of those teams played not to get battered. If we're camped in their half from the start, the fans will get on their back.

And for those saying the rags are dangerous on the break need to remember, there's no team more dangerous on the break than us, so that possible high press early on could see us effectively finish the game in the first 20.

Time to put them into the shade.

That saved me posting more than one sentence.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Tricky game and i have a bad feeling, in theory we should smash them but they have gotten very lucky lately.

If we find it hard to break down the teams in the last three games, utd playing the same tactics and make no mistake they will, with better players will make it difficult for us. They are also unbeaten at home since we beat them last year so over a year.I would give anything for a win, even a horrible win. A win will more than certainly see us crowned champions in May.

Due a defeat then!
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Tricky game and i have a bad feeling, in theory we should smash them but they have gotten very lucky lately.

If we find it hard to break down the teams in the last three games, utd playing the same tactics and make no mistake they will, with better players will make it difficult for us. They are also unbeaten at home since we beat them last year so over a year.I would give anything for a win, even a horrible win. A win will more than certainly see us crowned champions in May.

Due a defeat then!

A jammy 1-2 in injury time.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Definitely. He was always going to be rested for tomorrow's game. It's like Moureen saying that Matic is a doubt for Sunday. They are both guaranteed to start
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Very nervous about this game.

In the last few games, a number of simple passes have gone a stray and another thing that has crept in seems to be players leaving a loose ball to other players and ending with no one going for it and it drifts deep or back to the opposition, players seem to be on their heels a bit. This was not happening in the first part of the season. Players were on the front foot and bouncing around the pitch, winning all 50-50 challenges just by being more alert.

With most games in the prem, we need to be at it 100% energy wise and mentally. Even dropping to 95% makes a huge difference. thats when simple passes go astray and we lose those 50-50 challenges.

United on the other hand dont need to have the same intensity or level of technical ability. they will be happy to sit and soak the pressure and attack when the numbers suit. They seem to know when they have a team on the ropes and go in for the kill. That may be only for short spells of the game and then they retreat and sour the game.

We need to be clinical. Whether its Aguero or Jesus, they need to bury that first chance early in the game (which we havent done of late) and keep the foot on their neck and dont let them out.

Still pissed of that we have so many out in Ukraine, even if they dont play. The whole 11 starting on sunday could have been left at home to rest and prepare for the match. It was said all last season about chelsea and previously about Leicester and Liverpool that they had a full week to recuperate, rest and prepare for games while everyone else challenging was playing midweek. We had the chance this week to gain an advantage on utd but havent taken it
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:35 pm

For those worried about recent form, it was clear to me anyway that the players were just not giving 100%.. until they had to. Simple for me as they just didnt take the oppo seriously enough ( and so gave themselves problems ).

That wont happen in the derby.

The bookies have got it about right, i think Guardiola has a good record v Moano 7 wins to 3 with 6 draws.

On the day though that doesn't really mean a thing does it... ref, lucky bounce, mistake... whatever.

I think we are likely to outplay them again, and i think The Moaning cunt knows it. I just hope we get an early enough goal so we can then go on to rip them a new one and as fans we can enjoy it more.

Even if we go behind though we can still turn them over. aka Napoli
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:40 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

He’s justifying not bringing him to the Ukraine.
I’d be very surprised if Dave doesn’t play against the Rags.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Fcuk ‚em , we should park the entire train , never mind the first coach .

Tell ‚em we are prepared to risk drawing . We should time waste at every chance, never rush at throw ins, corners and free kicks and goal kicks. Let Eddie clean his studs , walk forward to discuss the defensive errors instead of taking a goal kick. Pass the ball around to finally take a throw in .

The list is endless

Oh and break away quikly and score the winner !
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 pm

You lucky bastards it should have been ten ,
The city is ours , the city is ours ,
Now fuck off back to London the city is ours !

City City City City
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby freshie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 94146.html

Moureen whinging again. He really is an odious twat. I'm sure he said that Matic wouldn't be fit for the Arsenal game and then named him in the starting XI. Hypocrite
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 pm

freshie wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manchester-united-news-cska-moscow-guardiola-wenger-injury-david-silva-a8094146.html

Moureen whinging again. He really is an odious twat. I'm sure he said that Matic wouldn't be fit for the Arsenal game and then named him in the starting XI. Hypocrite

Hes a fuckign piece of shit - wtf has it got to do with that fuckign prick regarding our injuries??

GO FUCK YOURSELF.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby freshie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
freshie wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manchester-united-news-cska-moscow-guardiola-wenger-injury-david-silva-a8094146.html

Hes a fuckign piece of shit - wtf has it got to do with that fuckign prick regarding our injuries??

GO FUCK YOURSELF.

The mind games are working. He’s shitting himself :)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:19 am

All of a sudden, he is the honest one. Fully expecting him to crank it up a few notches now. Probably use his lapdog Duncan castles to try and get his bullshit out there. Nobody is arsed what either of them say, I don't know why as they both so adorable.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Shakermaker90 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:59 am

They need to win more than us. I'd love to beat them, but a draw would be fine really. There's more pressure on them than there is us. this piece puts it quite well...

https://www.otbfootball.net/manchester- ... -like-pep/

Mourinho has to attack, he can't pack the bus and that means the game will be more open, which suits us down to the ground.
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum