Team for Shakhtar

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team for Shakhtar

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm

NT is right this game is not a dead rubber in terms UCL and the whole comp, it is a dead rubber in that it won't count to the outcome of the group.

As much as a lot of us don't see the UCL as the holy grail, it is the reason Pep came and why the sheikh bought us.

While it won't be our best 11 he will side a dam strong team, win it early and then put youngsters in when 3 points are in the bag.

Losing tonight could also be seen as an advantage to Maureen psychologically especially as we've "just scraped our last 3/4 wins" according to the media....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

CTID Hants wrote:....
Losing tonight could also be seen as an advantage to Maureen psychologically especially as we've "just scraped our last 3/4 wins" according to the media....
it's tomorrow night I'm worried about ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:54 pm

CTID Hants wrote:NT is right this game is not a dead rubber in terms UCL and the whole comp, it is a dead rubber in that it won't count to the outcome of the group.

As much as a lot of us don't see the UCL as the holy grail, it is the reason Pep came and why the sheikh bought us.

While it won't be our best 11 he will side a dam strong team, win it early and then put youngsters in when 3 points are in the bag.

i couldnt care less about setting records, our UEFA coefficient or "respect" for the CL as a competition (lol). those things will be cold comfort if important players get injured in ukraine. also, given our current form and the frankenstein lineup we're likely to see, what are the odds of us thrashing shakhtar and being able to bring the kids on early? not likely. pyschologically it will be more damaging for us to field big names and still get beat than to let our kids give it a go knowing they might well get bummed.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:NT is right this game is not a dead rubber in terms UCL and the whole comp, it is a dead rubber in that it won't count to the outcome of the group.

i couldnt care less about setting records, our UEFA coefficient or "respect" for the CL as a competition (lol). those things will be cold comfort if important players get injured in ukraine. also, given our current form and the frankenstein lineup we're likely to see, what are the odds of us thrashing shakhtar and being able to bring the kids on early? not likely. pyschologically it will be more damaging for us to field big names and still get beat than to let our kids give it a go knowing they might well get bummed.

Not sure I like the idea of our kids getting bummed!
Doesn't sound right to me.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Not sure I like the idea of our kids getting bummed!
Doesn't sound right to me.

lol fair point.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:44 pm

JC, sorry mate off sick nd lost track of days...

Sideshow...... As I said some of us including ME don't hold the UCL as holy grail. Merely pointing out that despite what WE want/think it is very unlikely that Pep or Mansour will be in accordance with us and will not put out a third string of players.

I don't like anymore than you and the majority of others here.

A win over those cunts in Sunday is ALWAYS my priorities.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:26 pm

The only thing that matters in this game is our coefficient, but will a win make that much of a difference to it.

Losing tomorrow with a complete second string team would not provide any advantage to utd., but losing with a mix of 1st team and reserve team players might.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:33 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

The only thing that matters in this game is our coefficient, but will a win make that much of a difference to it.

Losing tomorrow with a complete second string team would not provide any advantage to utd., but losing with a mix of 1st team and reserve team players might.

Second half of your last paragraph is what I was eluding to.

I don't want us to be in this predicament but we are.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Pep has sent a message to the Napoli manager Sarri saying: "City will give their all to beat Shaktar"

Apparently Silva "felt something when he scored and is a doubt for Sunday"
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:06 am

sheblue wrote:I dont care if Begiristain, Pep, Artetta and Brian Kidd line out in this one.
All that matters is Sunday and ANYTHING that puts that in jeopardy is crazy...

thats how most of us feel but 0% chance Pep feels that way. i expect a full-strength lineup minus Silva and KDB with the exception of Kompany and maybe one of Jesus/Aguero being on the bench.

which will be unfortunate because i force this being a tough game meaning no early subs to get youngsters time.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:32 am

Imo

Bravo

Walker otter Mangala Danilo

Yaya Gundo

B Silva Foden sane

Jesus
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am

Wonderwall wrote:Imo

Bravo

Yaya Gundo

B Silva Foden sane

Jesus

I think thats a good call for what its likely to be.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 am

nottsblue wrote:

Bravo

Yaya Gundo

B Silva Foden sane

Jesus

Seems awful risky starting Otter, he gets injured and we are screwed, actually same goes for Sane. I would prefer to start sterling than Sane, least if sterling gets injured we have cover.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 am

Dubciteh wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Bravo

Yaya Gundo

B Silva Foden sane

Jesus

Seems awful risky starting Otter, he gets injured and we are screwed, actually same goes for Sane. I would prefer to start sterling than Sane, least if sterling gets injured we have cover.

Bernardo works best on the right, playing Sane on the left keeps the shape and allows them to play their natural game. Foden can interchange with both for variety as well. It's a tough one, Shakhtar are a decent side especially at home, so it's going to be a tough game. Sane will be subbed early too to give some rest.

Bench could be be
Ederson
Kompany
Delph
Tosin
Brahim
Aguero
Sterling

Rest Fernandinho completely
Wonderwall

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am

I know all us City fans want to see Pep rest as many players as possible for the derby. However he's told Sarri we will give our all to win.

I suspect Pep will play the likes of Danilo, Bernardo, Gundogan and Yaya, but the kids will probably only play if we are winning comfortably, (which is unlikely).

A good number of the team from Sunday will likely play. I think Pep would prefer Napoli to go through, he likes the way they play.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 am

Joel Latibeaudiere training with the first team on the OS vid - interesting, might have to revise my line-up for tonight ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Shakermaker90 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 am

Looking at the travelling squad, it's a shame we don't have another eligible youth player to either play as a winger or full back - this would've been a game for Zinchenko to play as a LWB, like he did against Wolves.

Bravo
Danilo Tosin Mango
Gundogan, Yaya
Sterling/Sane (45 mins mins each, not worth the risk) Foden, Diaz, Bernardo
Jesus
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 am

Shakermaker90 wrote:Looking at the travelling squad, it's a shame we don't have another eligible youth player to either play as a winger or full back - this would've been a game for Zinchenko to play as a LWB, like he did against Wolves.

Bravo
Danilo Tosin Mango
Gundogan, Yaya
Sterling/Sane (45 mins mins each, not worth the risk) Foden, Diaz, Bernardo
Jesus

this team would allow a complete new line-up for Sunday

-------------------------------Bravo----------------------------
Latibeaudiere------Tosin------Mangala-------------Danilo
--------------------------------Yaya----------------------------------
Bernardo---------Gundogan--------Yaya--------------Foden
---------------------------------Diaz----------------------------------

Sunday

-------------------------------Ederson----------------------------
Walker----------Otamendi---------Kompany-----------Delph
-------------------------Fernandinho--------------------------------
Sterling----------De Bruyne--------Silva--------------Sane
---------------------------------Jesus----------------------

- won't happen though :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Joel Latibeaudiere training with the first team on the OS vid - interesting, might have to revise my line-up for tonight ;)

Interesting that Latibeaudiere is not in the u19s squad. Means he can play for the first team. He was training with the first team yesterday.

Pep might spring a few surprises
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum