Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby freshie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:The Mirror reporting with their usual slant, even though the original report claimed Barca had to match us to keep him:

Lionel Messi 'rejected huge €100m signing bonus from Manchester City' to extend Barcelona deal
The Argentine signed a new deal with Barca last month but City were willing to offer enormous sums to lure him to the Etihad

They need to be banned and quickly.

Anybody would think there's a derby coming up this weekend
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm

freshie wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
City64 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The Mirror reporting with their usual slant, even though the original report claimed Barca had to match us to keep him:

Lionel Messi 'rejected huge €100m signing bonus from Manchester City' to extend Barcelona deal
The Argentine signed a new deal with Barca last month but City were willing to offer enormous sums to lure him to the Etihad

They need to be banned and quickly.

Is OD the only city fan that actually “reads” the rag mirror ?

I don't read it.

I have a newsnow city feed.

people still use newsnow?

Yeh. Probably my most visited website (along with this one)

My homepage
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:30 pm

freshie wrote:What do you use then? Please enlighten us

Probably an A to Z of Bestiality sites.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby freshie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:31 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 92911.html

Independent reckon we're going to have to pay over £50m for Sanchez in January. Bollox
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:35 pm

freshie wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-manchester-city-alexis-sanchez-pep-guardiola-50m-bid-offer-january-transfer-a8092911.html

Independent reckon we're going to have to pay over £50m for Sanchez in January. Bollox

More ridiculousness .

Same paper had aguero valued right now at 60m and sterling as part swap
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:11 pm

MARTIN TYLER SAYS: Only one team has ever recovered from an eight-point disadvantage after 15 games to win the Premier League and it is good news for Jose Mourinho as that side was Manchester United.

And what's more, they did it twice!

The first occasion United - who currently trail Man City by eight points heading into Sunday's derby at Old Trafford - managed that feat was back in the inaugural Premier League season.

On that occasion, Sir Alex Ferguson's team trailed Norwich City by nine points after the first 15 games of the campaign, only for them to go on and win their first title for 26 years by 10 points from Aston Villa. It is worth pointing out that was a 42-game season, however, so there were more matches to make up the gap!

Four years later and United were at it again as Ferguson's men reeled in Arsenal's eight-point lead after 15 matches to claim a fourth Premier League title by seven points from both the Gunners and Newcastle United. That was the only time it's been done in a 38-game Premier League season.

No other team has ever won the Premier League after being six or more points behind after 15 matches
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:MARTIN TYLER SAYS: Only one team has ever recovered from an eight-point disadvantage after 15 games to win the Premier League and it is good news for Jose Mourinho as that side was Manchester United.

And what's more, they did it twice!

The first occasion United - who currently trail Man City by eight points heading into Sunday's derby at Old Trafford - managed that feat was back in the inaugural Premier League season.

On that occasion, Sir Alex Ferguson's team trailed Norwich City by nine points after the first 15 games of the campaign, only for them to go on and win their first title for 26 years by 10 points from Aston Villa. It is worth pointing out that was a 42-game season, however, so there were more matches to make up the gap!

Four years later and United were at it again as Ferguson's men reeled in Arsenal's eight-point lead after 15 matches to claim a fourth Premier League title by seven points from both the Gunners and Newcastle United. That was the only time it's been done in a 38-game Premier League season.

No other team has ever won the Premier League after being six or more points behind after 15 matches

So glad I cancelled my Sky subscription
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Our rag friends at Joe.ie:

Manchester City still want to sign Alexis Sanchez.

That won't come as any surprise, as Sanchez is available on a free-transfer next summer if, as expected, he doesn't agree a new contract with Arsenal. However, according to Miguel Delaney writing for The Independent, City don't want to wait until the end of the season, and are prepared to pay £50m to sign the 28-year-old in January.

The Chilean forward may be a brilliant player, but even in a world of petrodollar fuelled clubs and television deals worth billions, such a fee would be surprising considering he is available for nothing in a few months.
Original Dub

Postby blues-clues » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 am

BBC Bollocks this morning reporting from Marca that City offered Messi an £88m signing on fee and £850k per week. Was he out of contract at Barca?

If so I guess £220m over three years would be a bargain compared with what PSG paid for Neymar. If there was a transfer/buyout fee on top then it has to be nonsense. £850k is pretty much €1m a week though - that's a new kind of obscene really.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 am

Lineker with a little nugget as to how the title race is not over:

"The title race is not over, of course it isn’t,” BT Sport presenter Lineker told us.
“City have a wonderful squad, but what happens if Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero are all out at the same time?"
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 am

Original Dub wrote:Lineker with a little nugget as to how the title race is not over:

"The title race is not over, of course it isn’t,” BT Sport presenter Lineker told us.
“City have a wonderful squad, but what happens if Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero are all out at the same time?"

To be fair OD, he is technically right. But of course he is clutching at straws. What if -

Rags lose DeGea, Lukaku, Pogba, Martial
Chelsea lose Courtois, Hazard, Morata, Kante
Spuds lose Kane, Erikson, Lloris, Ali
Dippers lose Salah, Firminio, Coutinho, Mane
Arsenal lose Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Giroud

Any team losing four of their strongest first XI will likely not be champions. Maybe Linekar was sending a message to the referees association and the cloggers of the PL in the faint hope that our boys will get injured or suspended. After all, fuck all has been said about Pogba wishing injury on our boys
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am

blues-clues wrote:BBC Bollocks this morning reporting from Marca that City offered Messi an £88m signing on fee and £850k per week. Was he out of contract at Barca?

If so I guess £220m over three years would be a bargain compared with what PSG paid for Neymar. If there was a transfer/buyout fee on top then it has to be nonsense. £850k is pretty much €1m a week though - that's a new kind of obscene really.

I guess Barcelona gave City permission to talk him then.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:54 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ceefax and clubcall
talking of clubcall.... is your mum still making her living from 0898 numbers carl?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ceefax and clubcall
talking of clubcall.... is your mum still making her living from 0898 numbers carl?

My mum died last year.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bobadji » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am

More bullshit for Collymore, ripped apart by Football365

http://www.football365.com/news/drogba- ... a-its-stan

Manchester City: A team of no legends
Mediawatch has long been amused by Stan Collymore’s sustained antipathy towards Manchester City, but with City boasting a 13-match winning streak in the Premier League, even Stan has to admit that they are pretty good.

But watching Jamie Carragher say that David Silva is “alongside Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Eric Cantona” as “one of the greatest we’ve ever had in the Premier League”, while Henry himself described Silva as “the best creative midfielder we’ve seen in this league”, has riled Stanley Victor. Thankfully he has an almost-daily column in the Daily Mirror for all the times he gets riled.

‘David Silva is a very good player – a special player, in fact.

“But I’m struggling to buy into this notion he will be remembered as one of the Premier League’s all-time greats. He’s not in the same bracket as Dennis Bergkamp, Eric ­Cantona, Thierry Henry or Alan Shearer. Not quite.

‘And I’d have Didier Drogba, John Terry and Frank Lampard ahead of him, too.’
Well, it is just an opinion but Mediawatch is rather more impressed by Silva’s excellent record of an assist every 3.26 Premier League games than Lampard’s decent record of an assist every six games. As well as by him being a far better footballer, of course.

But Stan has his reasons…

‘All were dominant over several years and demanded your ­attention, whereas Silva has shone at times but never on a consistent, three or four-year basis like the ­others.’
Pesky fact: No other footballer has record as many Premier League assists or created as many chances as Silva since he arrived in 2010. That’s over seven years ago. It sure sounds like he might have been consistent.

‘When Bergkamp was in his pomp at Arsenal he was central to everything they did. Henry scored great goals and did it with a swagger for the Gunners.

‘Cantona was the genius who brought it all together at a great Manchester United side, while Alan Shearer bludgeoned his way into that group with his sheer volume of goals.’
Well it’s certainly true that central midfielder David Silva has not scored as many goals as those strikers, and on that basis he is definitely not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath.

‘As for the Chelsea trio, they won a trophy every year, and in some years more than one. Silva, on the other hand, goes almost quietly about his ­business. Don’t get me wrong, it’s very good business.’
He has indeed gone ‘almost quietly about his business’ at City. And that ‘business’ has been winning five trophies in seven years. Which doesn’t sound too shabby to Mediawatch. And not a million miles short of Lampard’s 11 trophies in 13 years at Chelsea.

Collymore is not finished yet. He has another man in his sights…

‘What about Sergio Aguero? He has been a phenomenal ­goalscorer and will go down in football folklore for the title-winning goal against QPR in 2012. But, like his team-mate, I still can’t quite put the Argentinian in the same bracket as those all-time greats.’
Yes, because scoring 131 Premier League goals in 191 games simply cannot compare to Didier Drogba’s 104 goals in 254 games. How could it?

‘Silva and Aguero are two-time Premier League ­winners and deservedly so. Yet considering how much City have spent in recent years and the players at their disposal, two should be par for the course really.

‘So what happened in the 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons?’
Well, since you ask, in 2012/13, Manchester City finished second behind Manchester United despite Aguero missing much of the season.

Then in 2014/15, Manchester City finished second behind Chelsea even though Aguero won the Golden Boot with 26 goals, while Silva had his best ever goalscoring season with 12 goals.

In 2015/16, Manchester City were poor and finished fourth even though Aguero scored 24 goals and Silva notched 11 assists.

Then in 2016/17, Manchester City finished third despite Aguero scoring a disappointing 20 goals.

To summarise, Aguero has been the Premier League’s top scorer since he arrived in 2011, while Silva has been the Premier League’s leading creative midfielder since he arrived in 2010.

But that’s not good enough for our Stan. Just let it go, fella.

And some shite from Duncan Castles

Mourinho is treble winner!
‘Mourinho magic hidden by City’s shadow’ is the latest headline on an Arab News piece by the Manchester United manager’s lickspittle-in-chief Duncan Castles, on a one-man mission to ensure that his hero gets the immense credit he surely deserves despite his team being eight points behind the league leaders after spending around £300m in 18 months.

Now Castles is absolutely right in thinking that in any other season, Mourinho’s Manchester United would look like potentially impressive champions. But this is not any other season; this is a season in which Pep Guardiola’s City have been significantly better. This notion – gathering pace across the media – that ‘but for’ Team A then Team B would be champions and thus both should be equally lauded is insane.

Anyway, over to Castles…

‘In the mere 16 months since Mourinho’s first competitive match United have trebled their post-Ferguson major trophy count, taking a League Cup and the club’s first Europa League. They are back in the Champions League and all but through to the knock-out rounds. Their League Cup defense has reached the quarter-final stage.’
‘Trebled’ is great, isn’t it? It is a phenomenal way of selling victory in two second-tier competitions. It sounds like Mourinho has transformed Manchester United in really quite sensational fashion, rather than taking a fifth-placed team into sixth and picking up a couple of trophies along the way.

‘Statistically, United have the best defense in the Premier League, have scored more goals (35 in 15 fixtures) than everyone but leaders Manchester City, and are on course for a final points return of 89. To place that in historical context, in just two of the past 11 seasons have the champions finished with 90 points or more. (Mourinho delivered the League record haul of 95 points in his first year at Chelsea.)’
And to place that in present-day context, Manchester City are on course for a final points return of 109 points, which would smash all records. Oh and Chelsea – not mentioned by Castles – are on course for 81 points, which would have won the title two seasons ago. Oh and Chelsea won the actual Premier League title last season, which is definitely better than any ‘trebling’ of trophies that involves the League Cup.

Castles does at at least credit Guardiola’s City with ‘beautiful, possession and attack-focused football’, though that is clearly designed to take the pressure off United.

This next line is simply phenomenal…

‘United are handicapped.’
Take a second to take that in before we move on to his explanation…

‘They have significant injuries in central defense and midfield, and their narrative-defying 3-1 win at Arsenal last weekend came with the cost of a red card to the team’s most creative player.’
Well, that was kind of his fault, Duncan. And ‘significant injuries in central defense and midfield’ basically boils down to the absence of Eric Bailly and Marouane Fellaini.

Oddly, Castles makes no mention of Manchester City’s ‘handicap’ of being without half their first-choice defence. Now that would be ‘narrative-defying’.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am

Castles is the biggest living joke in journalism if you can call it journalism. This pathetic moron gets ridiculed by thousands every single day on Twitter , Maureen must pay this pathetic cunt a fortune to spout his daily shite . Absolute first class bell end
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 am

City64 wrote:Castles is the biggest living joke in journalism if you can call it journalism. This pathetic moron gets ridiculed by thousands every single day on Twitter , Maureen must pay this pathetic cunt a fortune to spout his daily shite . Absolute first class bell end

His propaganda would even have made Goebbels blush
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:Lineker with a little nugget as to how the title race is not over:

Then we bring in Bernardo Silva, Ilkay Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus and Phil Foden/Yaya

:mrgreen:
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Then we bring in Bernardo Silva, Ilkay Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus and Phil Foden/Yaya

aside from jesus, we would be in deep trouble if we had to rely on those players.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

aside from jesus, we would be in deep trouble if we had to rely on those players.

have faith SB ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum