*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:35 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I have joined this forum hoping to have a better experience/welcoming that I did on BM! All I will say is BM is full of BS, end of, anyway back to introducing myself.
First game was City v Bury 1964, it ended 1 - 1 somebody called Colin Bell scored for Bury, then our keeper injured his hand I think, no subs then, so went on wing. He duly scored equaliser Harry Dowd his name hence my sign on name.
I should have known then I was in for an interesting journey, I obviously have had many high and low points, winning the old first division with Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Nelly Young et al was fantastic, I was so young then and thought we would be great for many years, winning leagues and all. The rest as they say is history, don’t want to mention the low points. However the year we won the prem was awesome the Aqueroooooo moment, the irony of beating the rags to the title in added time was the icing on the cake.
The football we are playing now is some of the best I have ever seen. I cannot get to games now, to many age/logistical issues, I watch games on streams and listen to radio. Being a City fan of so many years standing there is always a small bit inside me that says this wonderful time can’t go on! I just will keep enjoying it!
Anyway that’s me introduced, hope it wasn’t to boring.

Welcome on board HDS. Hope u stick aound and get your feet wet
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks for that, and three points tonight will be most welcome.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Thanks for that, and three points tonight will be most welcome.

is that the equivalent of a Parky Pen from us?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:22 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I have joined this forum hoping to have a better experience/welcoming that I did on BM! All I will say is BM is full of BS, end of, anyway back to introducing myself.
First game was City v Bury 1964, it ended 1 - 1 somebody called Colin Bell scored for Bury, then our keeper injured his hand I think, no subs then, so went on wing. He duly scored equaliser Harry Dowd his name hence my sign on name.
I should have known then I was in for an interesting journey, I obviously have had many high and low points, winning the old first division with Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Nelly Young et al was fantastic, I was so young then and thought we would be great for many years, winning leagues and all. The rest as they say is history, don’t want to mention the low points. However the year we won the prem was awesome the Aqueroooooo moment, the irony of beating the rags to the title in added time was the icing on the cake.
The football we are playing now is some of the best I have ever seen. I cannot get to games now, to many age/logistical issues, I watch games on streams and listen to radio. Being a City fan of so many years standing there is always a small bit inside me that says this wonderful time can’t go on! I just will keep enjoying it!

Nice introduction HDS; I hope you'll enjoy your posting on here and we'll look forward to hearing some of the stories you've amassed over the years.

Your recollection of Harry Dowd (great 'keeper, by the way) having to play on the wing after getting injured, just shows what a different game it was back then.

Times change, but City goes on for ever.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Welcome HDS and nice intro. This place is a LOT better than the playpen that is BM. Enjoy.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Welcome indeed.

I used to dip into BM a small bit, but not for months. It's insufferable.

You get a better class of moaning here!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Tsk, fucl off back to Blue Moon, we don't need your sort on here ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks chinners, and I hope Santa forgets about you!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Thanks chinners, and I hope Santa forgets about you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Thanks chinners, and I hope Santa forgets about you!

Ha ha, thats the spirit ... welcome
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kippax Sean » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi folks, just joined after following the forum for a couple of years. Started going to Maine rd. as a 14 yr old in 88/89. Originally from lower broughton but now living in the Irish Midlands since 2000. Lots of blues around our way back then but always outnumbered by them lot. Stood on the kippax just left of the half way line against the small wall and bar that ran from northstand to Platt lane end with my mate Jay. Great memories Neil mcnab fighting with Robert Rosario, 3-3 with Bournemouth when chasing promotion are a couple of my earliest memories. Travelling home and away as a kid great adventures. Big one today. Come on city, come on city.... Thanks for adding me to the forum, Sean.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Kippax Sean » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi folks, just joined after following the forum for a couple of years. Started going to Maine rd. as a 14 yr old in 88/89. Originally from lower broughton but now living in the Irish Midlands since 2000. Lots of blues around our way back then but always outnumbered by them lot. Stood on the kippax just left of the half way line against the small wall and bar that ran from northstand to Platt lane end with my mate Jay. Great memories Neil mcnab fighting with Robert Rosario, 3-3 with Bournemouth when chasing promotion are a couple of my earliest memories. Travelling home and away as a kid great adventures. Big one today. Come on city, come on city.... Thanks for adding me to the forum, Sean.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Kippax Sean wrote:Hi folks, just joined after following the forum for a couple of years. Started going to Maine rd. as a 14 yr old in 88/89. Originally from lower broughton but now living in the Irish Midlands since 2000. Lots of blues around our way back then but always outnumbered by them lot. Stood on the kippax just left of the half way line against the small wall and bar that ran from northstand to Platt lane end with my mate Jay. Great memories Neil mcnab fighting with Robert Rosario, 3-3 with Bournemouth when chasing promotion are a couple of my earliest memories. Travelling home and away as a kid great adventures. Big one today. Come on city, come on city.... Thanks for adding me to the forum, Sean.

What a time to join! Let's fuck these cunts up!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Kippax Sean » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Fu@king yes Mr. nool.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Good to have you on board KS and your 'arrival' here was most timely, in the nicest possible way. :o :o :o :o

Hope you enjoy posting on here.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Good to have you on board KS and your 'arrival' here was most timely, in the nicest possible way. :o :o :o :o

Hope you enjoy posting on here.

Appreciate the welcome cheers.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby WINTER2017 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:20 am

Hello,

I'm a young city fan, currently a 3rd year student at the University of Leicester, after your help with my dissertation- I am researching the effect of terrorism on football fans, when they are in and around the stadium.

The survey (in the link below), will only take a couple of minutes and your responses would be much appreciated if you have the time.

https://leicester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/stadium-terrorism

Thank you
WINTER2017
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:04 pm

WINTER2017 wrote:Hello,

I'm a young city fan, currently a 3rd year student at the University of Leicester, after your help with my dissertation- I am researching the effect of terrorism on football fans, when they are in and around the stadium.

The survey (in the link below), will only take a couple of minutes and your responses would be much appreciated if you have the time.

https://leicester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/stadium-terrorism

Thank you

Duly done!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby steelsnail » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:56 am

Done ^^