Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany, is this the straw that broke the camels back

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Christ this all got a bit negative. Not sure I've got enough room on Kompany's congratulations card for all this.

So far we've got..

'Congratulations Vinny, but I've met some folk with no common sense so your degree actually means sweet FA. I've heard that you get these things by sucking off the staff anyway. Also I know you've got quite a good job at the moment but you'll likely need to move back into your family home because of the whole degree situation, incidentally there aren't any jobs so you're a moron for even bothering. Don't worry though mate for some reason I hire lots of idiots with fancy bits of paper, so I'll look after you. Anyway get well soon, but don't bother with any more degrees pal, got to remember you're a role model for all the young ones

All our love,
Mancityfans.net'

In more positive news..

Vincent Kompany should be available for the trip to Crystal Palace after City boss Pep Guardiola revealed the issue suffered against Newcastle United was a minor knock.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:10 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Christ this all got a bit negative. Not sure I've got enough room on Kompany's congratulations card for all this.

So far we've got..

'Congratulations Vinny, but I've met some folk with no common sense so your degree actually means sweet FA. I've heard that you get these things by sucking off the staff anyway. Also I know you've got quite a good job at the moment but you'll likely need to move back into your family home because of the whole degree situation, incidentally there aren't any jobs so you're a moron for even bothering. Don't worry though mate for some reason I hire lots of idiots with fancy bits of paper, so I'll look after you. Anyway get well soon, but don't bother with any more degrees pal, got to remember you're a role model for all the young ones

All our love,
Mancityfans.net'

In more positive news..

Vincent Kompany should be available for the trip to Crystal Palace after City boss Pep Guardiola revealed the issue suffered against Newcastle United was a minor knock.

So you’ve got a degree then.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:So you’ve got a degree then.

Who told you?

Post was about Kompany but nobody seems that bothered, which is fair enough, I thought it was an admirable thing for him to have done while out injured is all.

Anyway, glad he's back soon. At this point I struggle to see his long term future as a player here but don't want to disrupt the squad bringing someone else in this season
SomeMichaelGuy

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:14 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:

Who told you?

Post was about Kompany but nobody seems that bothered, which is fair enough, I thought it was an admirable thing for him to have done while out injured is all.

Anyway, glad he's back soon. At this point I struggle to see his long term future as a player here but don't want to disrupt the squad bringing someone else in this season

Just wanted to share a bit about my life so people could get to know me. Won’t bother next time!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:42 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:

Who told you?

Lighten up.
Good for you and good for Vinny.
Vinny is a smart man and I’m hopeful he will be an asset to the club long after his footballing days are over.

Just wish he was smart enough to prolong his club career by putting it ahead of his national career. Although I can understand his pride and ambition there also.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Lighten up.
Good for you and good for Vinny.
Vinny is a smart man and I’m hopeful he will be an asset to the club long after his footballing days are over.

Mase wrote:Just wanted to share a bit about my life so people could get to know me. Won’t bother next time!

Sorry boys, didn't mean for it to come across that way. I love you all really.

iwasthere2012 wrote:Just wish he was smart enough to prolong his club career by putting it ahead of his national career. Although I can understand his pride and ambition there also.

Very much this ^.
SomeMichaelGuy

Postby Socrates » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Christ this all got a bit negative. Not sure I've got enough room on Kompany's congratulations card for all this.

So far we've got..

All our love,
Mancityfans.net'

In more positive news..

Aha. How very dare he spend his spare time getting an education when he could be playing video games, gambling and driving fast cars to and from the Trafford Centre. What a waste.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Mase wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:

Who told you?

Just wanted to share a bit about my life so people could get to know me. Won’t bother next time!

Im carl and I have mental problems.

* Am I in the right room ?*
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:15 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:

At this point I struggle to see his long term future as a player here

That penny dropped for most us years ago......years ago.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:

Who told you?

Im carl and I have mental problems.

* Am I in the right room ?*

Close. You’ll need a match thread for that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:I’ll always remember a girl that worked at my old place that had a masters in something or other. She was thick as fuck!

Piss funny but believable as there is no degree for common sense and some of these degree holders are D- holders of CS.

Kompany is a smart guy though.

Its possible to have it all though...i am living proof of it!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:I’ll always remember a girl that worked at my old place that had a masters in something or other. She was thick as fuck!

Piss funny but believable as there is no degree for common sense and some of these degree holders are D- holders of CS.

Kompany is a smart guy though.

Its possible to have it all though...i am living proof of it!

There's always a few exceptions matey.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:30 pm

I had a colleague back at the last lab I worked in, qualified chemist and going for her masters.

Didn't realize that closing her bank account and opening a new one meant she had to tell our employers to put her salary in the new account.

Degrees in common sense are expensive and imaginary.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:34 am

I'm so fucking lonely. Why won't you fucktards keep me Kompany?????
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Is also high and mighty who thinks all brexiteers and anyone older than 50 is a thick cunt.

Obviously his course didn't cover the issue of bias being introduced as a result of small sample size.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:23 am

The very learned bloke who wrote 'Education adorns the wit and corrupts the judgement' died after colliding with a Great Dane - which wasn't that funny.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:37 am

johnny crossan wrote:The very learned bloke who wrote 'Education adorns the wit and corrupts the judgement' died more than 18 months after colliding with a Great Dane - which wasn't that funny.

Fixed for you.

Slim wrote:I had a colleague back at the last lab I worked in, qualified chemist and going for her masters.

Didn't realize that closing her bank account and opening a new one meant she had to tell our employers to put her salary in the new account.

You'd be amazed how many (well educated) people this poses a genuine phobia/reason not to change accounts for. So many people I know are completely unaware of their financial incomings and outgoings, and would be too afraid of changing direct debit and similar information from one bank to another, and forgetting to do so for something.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:43 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:The very learned bloke who wrote 'Education adorns the wit and corrupts the judgement' died more than 18 months after colliding with a Great Dane - which wasn't that funny.
Fixed for you.
May I ask what your addition of the interval between his accident and his final demise has to do with the observation I made?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 am

johnny crossan wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Fixed for you.
May I ask what your addition of the interval between his accident and his final demise has to do with the observation I made?

The two may or may not be related, while the way you wrote it implied direct causation.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 am

Slim wrote:

I had a colleague back at the last lab I worked in, qualified chemist and going for her masters.

Degrees in common sense are expensive and imaginary.

Haha amazing! I’m sure the girl I used to work with said certain things that made people look at her like WTF just for attention sometimes. She really was ridiculous!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum