Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Despite the 5 goals we have scored this has been unusually scrappy. One or two players still settling in.

Agreed. Apart from that 10min spell with the goals flying in which had us playing some very Pep type football ... back to scrappy doo since then
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Chinners wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Despite the 5 goals we have scored this has been unusually scrappy. One or two players still settling in.

Agreed. Apart from that 10min spell with the goals flying in which had us playing some very Pep type football ... back to scrappy doo since then

Nadia Nadim in particular clearly needs more time to adapt despite her goal.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 am

How's their season been going? Been a bit quiet on here regarding this team.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 am

Unbeaten in 15 games this season 6 out of 6 in the league
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 pm

The City Ladies are through to the Continental cup final v Arsenal having beaten Chelsea this afternoon
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Chinners wrote:The City Ladies are through to the Continental cup final v Arsenal having beaten Chelsea this afternoon

That's a magnificent win away at Chelsea who in theory are the only team that could beat us. Silly thing to say now that we have Arsenal in the final.

This year we haven't quite looked as solid defensively so it's good to keep a clean sheet in such an important game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Chinners wrote:The City Ladies are through to the Continental cup final v Arsenal having beaten Chelsea this afternoon

That's a magnificent win away at Chelsea who in theory are the only team that could beat us. Silly thing to say now that we have Arsenal in the final.

This year we haven't quite looked as solid defensively so it's good to keep a clean sheet in such an important game.

I wish I'd gone now as Kingsmeadow is on 2 miles down the road from me ... damn staying in to watch the Dippers match
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Sunderland Ladies 0-3 Manchester City Women
Man City have won all seven of their Women's Super League games so far this term
Manchester City maintained their two-point lead at the top of Women's Super League One and their flawless league record with victory at Sunderland.
England duo Izzy Christiansen and Nikita Parris got the goals for the visitors, including a brace for Parris.
The winger fired City ahead before half-time and crossed for Christiansen to head in the second after the break.
Parris then ran clear and fired in off the post to complete the deserved win inside the final 20 minutes.
Victory was City's 17th from 17 games in all competitions so far this season and kept them clear of Chelsea at the top following the London club's 1-0 win over Everton earlier on Sunday.
Sunderland Ladies manager Melanie Copeland:
"It's not a game we targeted to win, but we wanted to make it difficult for Manchester City and we did for large periods of the game, and I think when you defend for that long you'll do well not to concede any goals.
"I'm proud of the girls, they delivered the game plan we wanted, but we're obviously disappointed with some of the goals.
Manchester City goalscorer Nikita Parris:
"It was a real team performance today in windy conditions and the pitch wasn't the best but you just have to get on with it, not every pitch is going to be the best, but it was a great result for the girls.
"When teams park the bus against us we have to break them down and we have to score goals because we want to win the league and win every game, but it was tough today for the first 35 minutes, but once we went 1-0 up it was happy days for us."
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Phil Neville decided not to go and watch our game today, he's probably going to drop all the City players from the next Lionesses squad anyway ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Chinners wrote:Phil Neville decided not to go and watch our game today, he's probably going to drop all the City players from the next Lionesses squad anyway ...

No point in him going to watch them today anyway as it was always going to be a very very one sided game. And it was. We could have played an extra striker in goal today and we still would not have conceded.

The wind was strong , the pitch very bobbly so just a good professional performance .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Chinners wrote:Phil Neville decided not to go and watch our game today, he's probably going to drop all the City players from the next Lionesses squad anyway ...

No point in him going to watch them today anyway as it was always going to be a very very one sided game. And it was. We could have played an extra striker in goal today and we still would not have conceded.

The wind was strong , the pitch very bobbly so just a good professional performance .

I believe he's on some sort of correctional course
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:21 am

Big game on Thursday v Chelsea. Itsl live on. bT sport.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Going to saunter along to the ladies match tonight I think ... top of the table battle of the unbeaten's

Chelsea's Women's Super League One title bid is in their own hands, says midfielder Erin Cuthbert, ahead of Thursday's visit of leaders Manchester City at Kingsmeadow (19:00 GMT).
The top two are separated by two points and are both unbeaten in the league.
Scotland's Cuthbert says Chelsea, who lost 1-0 at home to City on 14 January in the semi-finals of the Continental Tyres [League] Cup, remain confident.
"There are things we have learnt from that semi-final," she told BBC Sport.
"Man City have great players but we have a great squad too. The title race is still in our hands and if we win, we will be one point above them. We have confidence in ourselves."
City, the current holders of the WSL 1 title, the Women's FA Cup and the Continental Tyres Cup, have won all 17 of their matches in all competitions so far this season.
Both sides are through to the quarter-finals of the Women's Champions League, but Thursday's game - their first of two league meetings this term - is arguably the biggest of the WSL season so far.
'League is still very tight'
Stretching back to 2017's Spring Series, City would make it 20 consecutive victories in all competitions if they win at Kingsmeadow against Emma Hayes' side.
"It's brilliant that we have an undefeated record at the moment, but we don't look at that too much as 'being unbeaten'," City and England left-back Demi Stokes told BBC Sport.
"We just have a game strategy and focus on that. We have got to not get too far ahead of ourselves. The league is still very tight.
"Against Chelsea, it'll be very different to the last game [on 14 January]. They will come out all guns blazing so it's important that we're ready.
"We'd be six-feet tall if we did [win on Thursday]. We're already a confident team and to beat them away would be massive for us."
After seven league matches, third-placed Liverpool are City and Chelsea's closest challengers, four points adrift of the London club, while fourth-placed Arsenal are a further four points back.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Looking forward to this game, crunch tie, but confident they have what it takes to get a result.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 pm

0-0 final score
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby patrickblue » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Karen Bardsley inured early on, gone for x-rays on her shoulder.
Steph Houghton limped off late on.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Woodyblue » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Not a great game but a better result for us than the chavs
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:42 am

Woodyblue wrote:Not a great game but a better result for us than the chavs

Most games we can dominate and expect to win but this one was very different. Chelsea are the other real quality side in the league and to come through with a draw after losing the best keeper around right at the start and then the captain with 20 to go is a top effort.

We didn't get enough quite right attacking although we did have some good situations but defensively I thought we were very good. It did get a bit close at times but massive to the defence with a special mention for Ellie Roebuck. Just 18 and playing in the toughest game she will have played in so far. One exceptional save with her feet.

All we need to do is beat them at the CFA in the near future and I reckon the league is ours.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 pm

City 1-0 up at HT over the dippers ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42895277
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site