Carabou Chat semi final pt1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carabou Chat semi final pt1

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Sorry this is a bit late in the day, and it's only a taster, but you will get the idea. The away fans strike me a decent bunch, and with 8000 of them travelling up North tomorrow, I think it's going to a good night at the Etihad. I'm looking forward to this one, even if I am only watching on TV

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Lee Betts, Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Lee Mason

Team Selection

Steele
Wright Flint Baker Maggers
Patto Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan
Reid

And the rest…

We do have a good record against them overall, 10 wins v 7…Admittedly most of those wins came before WW1…But any stat to cling on to.

The goal Aguero just scored was something else... Tuesday could be interesting, Flint and Baker are going to have to be on it!

getting scared now…

The fact their team to face us on Tuesday is likely to contain the following “fringe”/rotated players is quite scary...Bravo, mangela, gundogen, both silvas, yaya toure, folen, Delph and one of Jesus or aguero! …I just hope we can keep the tie alive for the home game, a 1 or 2 goal defeat wouldn’t be impossible to overturn, especially if we can get a goal. If we could nick a draw it would be sensational - and a win, well I’ll probably end up on a two week bender and return home just in time for the next leg !!

If we concede less than 3 goals I'll be immensely proud.

Whilst they were impressive against Burnley I'm not so sure we will see such a strong line up against us, plus, us and Burnley play completely different styles. If we try and play a Burnley style we will get hammered. We need to play our own style and just see what happens.

I think we are are playing one of the top 3 teams in the world (might be wrong) so fingers crossed and hope for the best …anything under 3-0 on tuesday would be a good result in my eyes and gives us a glimmer of hope for the second leg. also a plus point in my eyes is how mush this run has raised the profile of this club, i have never had so many people come up and say what a good result and how well we played ,when we played man u so that has to be a good thing alone. lets hope we can keep the tie alive for the second leg like back in 1989

Be great to get an away goal or two and then pray for some more magic under the Ashton Gate lights…

We just need to play our normal, pressing game! …If we "park the bus", it will be a very long night and the score line won't be pretty!

No chance id play Magnússon for this. Bryan at left back, Paterson at left mid & either chuck Walsh in behind Bobby, or Taylor up top alongside him. 

Going into the home leg less than 3 down still gives us a ghost of a chance. If we are to lose it would be good for Man City to be in a position where they are going to put out a fairly weak team but be not so far ahead it'd not unimaginable to turn it around. 3-0 down feels a bit too much of a deficit to bring home.

‘ Yaya , Yaya Yaya Yaya , Yaya,Yaya Yaya Yaya , Yaya, Yaya Yaya Yaya Toure……..’

‘ Korey , Korey Korey , Korey  Korey , Korey Korey  SMITH……..

Thing is their defensive players are comfortable on the ball, that's exactly why they're playing for a Pep side. I don't really see any weaknesses at all in their side bar the keeper Bravo who I guess will be playing Tuesday. 

I reckon they'll want the tie done and dusted Tuesday so he'll have an easy choice to rest players at AG…Anything below 4 is a bonus.

Think we will get a magnificent draw in first leg, going for 2-2. Will enjoy that in Manchester town Tuesday night and forget the 2nd leg until it comes around.

We don't know how to park the bus…Just go out there and play with no fear. Man Utd was our final, this is just a bonus. A lap of honour if you like.

I'm getting excited now.

Reality check needed here…Manchester City have a team worth more than the GDP of several countries, are top of the Premier League and would appear to be unbeatable at home… However, they are yet to go up against Aden Flint…Well be fine, 2-0 to BCFC

Just imagine the limbs if we score. My arms will end up in the centre circle. 

If Crystal Palace managed to hold them to 0-0, I think we can too... also, I'm pretty sure we'll get at least one goal

**** it, they aren't invincible. Yet…And their defence looks dodgy as. At actually defending.

I'm hoping for one of those awful 0-0 draws with Man City having 70/80% possession. Neutrals, TV viewers and blue Manchester fans will hate it. We will LOVE IT 

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Carabou Chat semi final pt1

Postby Kippax Sean » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:47 pm

like the comment about limbs in the centre circle......big night out for them.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Cheers CM.

My favourite of that was the fella who would go on a two week bender if they won, returning just in time for the home leg. A relative of C64perhaps :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Wow they have lights at Ashton Gate , they really have lights ! fucking wow !!! :D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 pm

If anyone is thinking of going tomorrow you need to be quick as there are only 25000 tickets left. This two legged thing isn't great. Great comments from the BC fans. Team selection will count for a lot.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 pm

City64 wrote:Wow they have lights at Ashton Gate , they really have lights ! fucking wow !!! :D

Now now, at college in Bristle , we would nip down to watch Gerry Gow and Big Norm kick the shit out of anything that came near them.

Easy going people down there but boring . Seriously big win needed tomorrow.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Optimism is charming, that’s how I used to be when we played the big boys. They’ve earned a bit toobeating the scum.

I’m hoping we go fairly strong and put the tie to bed.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby AG7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 am

Check this thread out at their forum ... absolutely brilliant ...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/ ... vid-silva/

We should let them applaud in the 21st minute ... join in the second half of 21st min and then probably applaud them in the 22nd min for this ... absolute class!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:50 am

AG7 wrote:Check this thread out at their forum ... absolutely brilliant ...

We should let them applaud in the 21st minute ... join in the second half of 21st min and then probably applaud them in the 22nd min for this ... absolute class!

That is special
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Kippax Sean » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:30 am

hats off to them, hope this happens and we reciprocate there gesture in some way. Respect.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 am

No disrespect towards Bristol, but we should solve the Cowabanga semi from tonight and send our b team in the second leg.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am

It would be nice if our crowd chanted back in respect to them, afterwards.

You’re better than United.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 am

Class . . . . dare I say it's almost extramundane
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:It would be nice if our crowd chanted back in respect to them, afterwards.

Why even bother mentioning United. Dont give them any excuse to keep saying that we are obsessed by them.

If Bristol City want to carry out such a fantastic gesture they should be let do it on their own and the whole stadium standing and applauding them after they have done it will show a lot more respect than involving United in any chant.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:It would be nice if our crowd chanted back in respect to them, afterwards.

Why even bother mentioning United. Dont give them any excuse to keep saying that we are obsessed by them.

If Bristol City want to carry out such a fantastic gesture they should be let do it on their own and the whole stadium standing and applauding them after they have done it will show a lot more respect than involving United in any chant.

You mention them twice by name in your post above. You're obsessed with them, you fucking weirdo.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Fantastic gesture, classy too. That forum seems a good place and I hope they can get it going.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:06 pm

You know what, I am not sure Big Dave will want reminding of his son's situation over and over and over again. Perhaps his football is a bit of, not an escape as such, but some kind of light relief for him.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

You mention them twice by name in your post above. You're obsessed with them, you fucking weirdo.

I tell you what pisses me off. Number of times City away fans sing about United, you can hear on the telly. It's bizarre. Just ignore the cunts FFS. Forget they ever existed
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:29 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I tell you what pisses me off. Number of times City away fans sing about United, you can hear on the telly. It's bizarre. Just ignore the cunts FFS. Forget they ever existed

To be fair it is part of our 'istory'
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I get what you're saying. I just thought it was more about them and their standing.
Just applaud them then.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum