***mcfc v bcfc lc 1/2 final match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v bcfc lc 1/2 final match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:
City64 wrote:Wow how low key was that for a semi final ? Pep goes full strength with Ederson , Otta and Merlin we absolute destroy them at Ashton Gate as they will try to come at us like tonight . Mangala , Gundogan and at times Danilo were a fucking embarrassment tonight and another couple of howlers from Stones , we got away with it though just ! Credit to Bristol City for trying to play football , a lot of PL teams should be embarrassed with themselves after watching that and turning up just to park the bus damage limitation bullshit . Lastly how on earth do the FA expect ordinary fans to cope with FA cup tickets and League cup semi final tickets and travelling costs etc just days after each other just after huge expense with Christmas ??? yeah tickets were heavily discounted tonight but get fucking real the FA !!!

Anyways onwards and upwards huge weekend ahead CTID

The FA don't set ticket prices ....

I don't think he's talking about prices, more the closeness of the matches.

The problem is that they are all competing for business so none of them give a fuck about the other. It's a Raggy thing, they're the ones who started it.

Ta Beefy that's the point I was trying to make via quickly typing on mobile . Also its a bit of a weird cup comp this one , nobody really gets excited about it except the lower league teams but the excitement starts for the PL teams and fans when you get to Wembley .

I would say that it starts here in the semi's, especially when we think it's an easy draw.

We won 2-1 with a makeshift team against a club who'd got this far by beating PL clubs, including the 2nd best in the PL. With near 70% possession and more than 3 times shots on goal, twice as many on target, the team showed perfectly how you cannot just throw players together and expect them to be anywhere bear the first team.

We move on with another win and are actually better placed than many think. We all wanted the best team tonight because of our passion for Cup Finals when the best bet is further on down the line.

I'm more than happy with the result, who wouldn't be.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Mangala needs locking in a box and not to be let out until every player is too injured to play and we have to play him. What a pile of shite tonight, made bravo and stone nervous with his jittery play, cannot pass water.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Why all the slagging off of Bravo tonight?
He did everything expected of him tonight and more, set up our first goal, and very nearly saved a very good penalty.
Or was I watching a different game?

Not seen excessive slagging of Bravo mate, just the usual match day thread knee-jerk.

Admittedly I'd only read the last couple of pages of the thread when I posted, but here's two. I know there's always kneejerk on these threads. but it just seems that Bravo is getting slagged because he was shite last season, unlike the others mentioned who did indeed deserve the criticism. As far as I saw. Bravo had a faultless game today

zabbadabbado wrote:Well done Sergio. He really did pull us right out the shit. :D

After thoughts.We are not going to keep getting away with starting games with Bravo, YaYa, Mangala all are fucking awful. The opposition always have a chance its like Keystone Cops in defence. Stones stunningly good performances all came with Edderson in net. YaYa….If he were a Race Horse it would be more humane to take him round the back of the stadium give him a bowl of food to distract him and finish him off.

Hopefully we will have Alexis and Johnny “fucking” Evans for the return Leg.And break with protocol and start with Edderson

Original Dub wrote:In many ways it was like stepping back to last season.

Full backs who aren't at the required level to start together, playing alongside bravo and mangala, neither of which are good enough to play the most vital part of pep's system.

The confidence and movement starts at the back and when that doesn't happen, it affects the rest of our play.

The balance up front was all wrong to begin with too and it may have been a nod to the board to get Sanchez in asap.

All in all, we'll take it, but it's a pity we'll have to go as close to full strength as possible for the next leg
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
He did everything expected of him tonight and more, set up our first goal, and very nearly saved a very good penalty.

Not seen excessive slagging of Bravo mate, just the usual match day thread knee-jerk.

Admittedly I'd only read the last couple of pages of the thread when I posted, but here's two. I know there's always kneejerk on these threads. but it just seems that Bravo is getting slagged because he was shite last season, unlike the others mentioned who did indeed deserve the criticism. As far as I saw. Bravo had a faultless game today

zabbadabbado wrote:Well done Sergio. He really did pull us right out the shit. :D

After thoughts.We are not going to keep getting away with starting games with Bravo, YaYa, Mangala all are fucking awful. The opposition always have a chance its like Keystone Cops in defence. Stones stunningly good performances all came with Edderson in net. YaYa….If he were a Race Horse it would be more humane to take him round the back of the stadium give him a bowl of food to distract him and finish him off.

Hopefully we will have Alexis and Johnny “fucking” Evans for the return Leg.And break with protocol and start with Edderson

Full backs who aren't at the required level to start together, playing alongside bravo and mangala, neither of which are good enough to play the most vital part of pep's system.

The confidence and movement starts at the back and when that doesn't happen, it affects the rest of our play.

The balance up front was all wrong to begin with too and it may have been a nod to the board to get Sanchez in asap.

All in all, we'll take it, but it's a pity we'll have to go as close to full strength as possible for the next leg

It's all waffle mate but quoting these 2 numpties doesn't a Bravo agenda make ;-)

Edit: Okay, okay,I love you both, just don't bore me to death!
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 pm

Just seen this posted elsewhere..

"Mangala and Bravo!. Like a fucking warm-up act for Kenn Dodd." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Just seen this posted elsewhere..

"Mangala and Bravo!. Like a fucking warm-up act for Kenn Dodd." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha, look up ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Just seen this posted elsewhere..

He plays like he has someone else’s boots on, two sizes too small and on the wrong feet.

I’ve never seen a footballer so consistently trip himself up like he’s not sure they’re his legs at all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Mangala was utter horse shit....I’ll be flabbergasted if he ever wears a City shirt in a competitive match again, truly shockingly bad !

I say that every time he plays.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You were watching a different game mate

Love you

Fucking rivers, you can't rely on them.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Darren Huckerby tweeted that Mangala looks like he won a competition to play in the team.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Darren Huckerby tweeted that Mangala looks like he won a competition to play in the team.

That's. What I was thinking, but then remembered that we expect far more now. Loved Dunnie, how many PotYs did he win when he mastered most of our downfalls.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Tosin should be ahead of Mango from now on
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Tosin should be ahead of Mango from now on

My 93 year old mum should be ahead of Mango from now on.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It's all waffle mate but quoting these 2 numpties doesn't a Bravo agenda make ;-)

Edit: Okay, okay,I love you both, just don't bore me to death!
Numptie ?,.

Do yourself a favour Beefy, defeat the argument with constructive debate, rather than resorting to personal abuse.

I will start you off, Bravo is a consistently shit Goal keeper. These facts are supported by his amazing shots = Goal ratio easily available on line. He holds a record for it. Some achievement. Last season his over all OPTA goal keeping stats were amongst the worst in the Premier League. I think he was in the bottom 3,4, Keepers.

When Bravo plays, so shit is his over all goalkeeping, this shitness is some how projected on to the defence. They become nervous and unsure. He comes for the Ball when he shouldn’t, and stays glued to his line when he should come running out for the Ball. Defenders don’t have a clue what to do. If that wasn’t bad enough, any dead ball or corner lobbed in to the Box and he is flapping around the Penalty area like a Pigeon with a broken wing. His goal keeping affects the whole side and how we play. Last season Stones was shit with Bravo in goal, in front of Edderson he looks like Captain material.

One decent assist tonight, or being half decent in a penalty shootout is clutching at straws, He is a terrible keeper .This is why he is our Cup keeper, even against Championship teams we are pushing our luck. You cant replace Edderson with Clowninho and then put Mangala and a Stones returning to full fitness in front of him and expect anything other than a defensive shit fest.4

(love you too mate ;) )
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Crazy fucker, did you not see the smiley face! I never abuse anybody but if you want to go into detail about our game I can assure you, I'll fucking bore you to death. And that's with limited viewing.

You'll have to wait until tomorrow sometime though, I've got an early breakfast tomorrow ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 am

So Bravo’s shitness affects those around him.
A bit harsh but true.
The thing is though if we get to the final, what will Pep do. Be loyal or put out his strongest team.
The strongest team starts with Eddie.

I honestly think we will win nothing with Bravo in goal.
A bit harsh again, but I think that’s the reality.
Certainly not with a second string defence also.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You were watching a different game mate

Love you

I think he’s utter gash and tonight was back to his clowning best. Highlighted by his big up and under with no pressure near half way.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:03 am

Ill tell you all what a dumb fuck Mongola is , with a little bit of footballing brain he could have passed the ball back to clownio while under a little pressure , and I mean a little pressure, but NO , he decided to boot it into fucking touch knowing full well they have a player who can throw the ball into the penalty area as if it was a corner kick and putting us in more fuckign trouble.

He is absolutely useless and I was terribly upset.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 am

Wonderwall wrote:Mangala needs locking in a box and not to be let out until every player is too injured to play and we have to play him. What a pile of shite tonight, made bravo and stone nervous with his jittery play, cannot pass water.

Pep made a lot of noises about not underestimating Bristol. Then underestimated them.

If we don't play the first team next time, forget it.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:50 am

Bristol City were fantastic, their press, especially in the first half was as good if not better than ours normally is, obviously Mangala couldn't handle it at all, then when you factor in immobile Toure not making angles ( and Zinchenko to a lesser extent) you're left with a recipe for disaster.

Interesting to see what Pep does in the second leg, I'd suggest Fernandinho for Yaya would go a long way to solving a number of the issues we faced last night with their press.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum