***mcfc v bcfc lc 1/2 final match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v bcfc lc 1/2 final match thread***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:55 am

john@staustell wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Mangala needs locking in a box and not to be let out until every player is too injured to play and we have to play him. What a pile of shite tonight, made bravo and stone nervous with his jittery play, cannot pass water.

Pep made a lot of noises about not underestimating Bristol. Then underestimated them.

If we don't play the first team next time, forget it.

Would you have expected a first XI then? We had five first teamers on the pitch last night, that side was more than good enough to put that tie to bed if they didn't keep choosing the wrong option everytime they got in the final third.

If we'd played a few inexperienced kids from the academy then I could see where you're coming from but I don't see how that side he put out underestimates them at all.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:03 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:So Bravo’s shitness affects those around him.
A bit harsh but true.
The thing is though if we get to the final, what will Pep do. Be loyal or put out his strongest team.
The strongest team starts with Eddie.

I honestly think we will win nothing with Bravo in goal.
A bit harsh again, but I think that’s the reality.
Certainly not with a second string defence also.

Think you've got this arse about face, Mangala and Yaya's shitness affected him more like.

Saved a couple of efforts and only beaten by a penalty, and played a sweet ball to DeBruyne to set up our equaliser.

Playing Ederson in the final should we get there would be a dick move considering the reason we're still in this competition is Bravo. Crucial save at 1-1 against West Brom which directly led to our counter and winner. Brilliant display against Wolves that saved us from embarrassment and then the penalties that followed as well as the penalties against Leicester he stepped up to plate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am

7 changes needed for the Dippers seems to be the consensus. Pep may play Gundogan or Bernardo instead of one of Sergio/Sane/Sterling though.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
A bit harsh but true.
The thing is though if we get to the final, what will Pep do. Be loyal or put out his strongest team.

Think you've got this arse about face, Mangala and Yaya's shitness affected him more like.

Saved a couple of efforts and only beaten by a penalty, and played a sweet ball to DeBruyne to set up our equaliser.

Playing Ederson in the final should we get there would be a dick move considering the reason we're still in this competition is Bravo. Crucial save at 1-1 against West Brom which directly led to our counter and winner. Brilliant display against Wolves that saved us from embarrassment and then the penalties that followed as well as the penalties against Leicester he stepped up to plate.

Very true. And let's not forget what happened the last time we debated pulling the Cup keeper for the final...
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 am

A bit harsh but true.

That's my view too, FBD.
Shades of Edgehill here I think.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:06 am

Mangala's problem is his concentration.

Playing smaller teams, he has almost every single time a pathetic performance and this what will cost him. I cannot say anything bad when he plays big teams, he entered with filth and did a fantastic job with Lukaku and Ibrahimovic and the examples in the past are many.

Dunno how many of you remember his debut vs Chelsea in 2014, in that 1-1? He took care of his business, and we played in 10 men.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 am

Not being funny but the more I look at that stones tackle the more I think he's getting away with some shockers. I know mang bought that on but stones didn't need to make that rash decision...again.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:21 am

PeterParker wrote:Mangala's problem is his concentration.....

+ "Has no fucking idea how to play the game. Every pass he played bobbles and is slightly off target. His judgement is horrendous. He's as flat footed as an elephant. Like running through treacle off the mark. Slow on the turn. Unable to read or understand the game at all. No composure whatsoever. A complete abomination of a footballer. A fucking embarrassment to the sport. How the fuck did he get to this level and how the fuck did we blow so much on him? Painful watching him. Get him fucking out. Jonny fucking Evans? It will do. Start the car"
apparently ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 am

patrickblue wrote:
A bit harsh but true.

That's my view too, FBD.

I knew writing that last night, that it would get debate going.
I fully accept all of the above and Bravo has certainly played his part in this cup campaign.
Here’s the thing though. If you stay loyal to Bravo, who regardless of the content above, has still had his moments of uncertainty that we are kind of used to with him. Then do you afford the same courtesy to Danilo and Zinchenko.
Do you afford the same standards to Yaya and Mangala or do you just say, No. They were crap.

It’s a tough one for Pep.
You may get away with Bravo in goal and a full first team outfield but I still think he puts the jitters into Stones.
But I think the likes of last night is an accumulative effect of all the changes.
How far do you persist with the changes.

Bravo and Mangala together is a recipe for disaster. Yaya in front makes things worse.
If you were only keeping one, I’d choose Bravo. I wouldn’t have any combination of two of them together at all.

But back to the question for Pep.
Where does your loyalty to those that get you there start and end.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
A bit harsh but true.

That's my view too, FBD.

I knew writing that last night, that it would get debate going.
I fully accept all of the above and Bravo has certainly played his part in this cup campaign.
Here’s the thing though. If you stay loyal to Bravo, who regardless of the content above, has still had his moments of uncertainty that we are kind of used to with him. Then do you afford the same courtesy to Danilo and Zinchenko.
Do you afford the same standards to Yaya and Mangala or do you just say, No. They were crap.

It’s a tough one for Pep.
You may get away with Bravo in goal and a full first team outfield but I still think he puts the jitters into Stones.
But I think the likes of last night is an accumulative effect of all the changes.
How far do you persist with the changes.

Bravo and Mangala together is a recipe for disaster. Yaya in front makes things worse.
If you were only keeping one, I’d choose Bravo. I wouldn’t have any combination of two of them together at all.

But back to the question for Pep.
Where does your loyalty to those that get you there start and end.

It starts and ends with their performances.

For me, if you take Yaya out of that side and replace him with Fernandinho then you see a completely different performance as we can play out from the back with a lot more competence and composure. Yaya failing to make himself available for the ball was a big factor in us struggling to beat their press at times last night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 am

Loyalty? Fuck that - they are all here and paid very highly to win trophies. If Bravo gets dropped and doesn't like it he can fuck off, preferably today. As for Mangala, I might come out of retirement. Should never play again

I think it's ridiculous he played a weak team with the Liverpool game so far away. The end result is that the first team players who did play had to slog their guts out and we could still potentially lose the semi.

Ridiculous.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 am

john@staustell wrote:Loyalty? Fuck that - they are all here and paid very highly to win trophies. If Bravo gets dropped and doesn't like it he can fuck off, preferably today. As for Mangala, I might come out of retirement. Should never play again

I think it's ridiculous he played a weak team with the Liverpool game so far away. The end result is that the first team players who did play had to slog their guts out and we could still potentially lose the semi.

Ridiculous.

No consideration given to squad harmony and keeping a dressing room onside? Now that's ridiculous!!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:29 am

Can't fault Bravo's performances this season.
WBA 1-2 City he had a decent game and their goal came from a defensive mistake from a corner
City 0-0 Wolves Bravo motm saved 3 one on ones in the game, before his penalty shootout heroics
Leicester 1- 1 City only conceded a penalty and was decent in the 120 mins before his penalty save in the shootout put us through
City 2 - 1 Bristol City. Only beaten by a penalty again.

He also played well when he deputised for Ederson when he was injured.

I don't get the slating this season, last season yes, but this season he has done well. He is no Ederson but he is a decent back up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 am

john@staustell wrote:Loyalty? Fuck that - they are all here and paid very highly to win trophies. If Bravo gets dropped and doesn't like it he can fuck off, preferably today. As for Mangala, I might come out of retirement. Should never play again

Ridiculous.

No consideration given to squad harmony and keeping a dressing room onside? Now that's ridiculous!!

You'd rather keep them onside than win? Rather play Mangala than win?

WW - I think people have been shocked by his penalty prowess, which says it all. I particularly liked the one straight up in the air last night ::-)

To a thrid party he comes across as bad, from what I've heard this morning
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 am

john@staustell wrote:

Ridiculous.

You'd rather keep them onside than win? Rather play Mangala than win?

WW - I think people have been shocked by his penalty prowess, which says it all. I particularly liked the one straight up in the air last night ::-)

To a thrid party he comes across as bad, from what I've heard this morning

Yeah that's what I'd rather John, ffs!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am

PeterParker wrote:Mangala's problem is his concentration.

Playing smaller teams, he has almost every single time a pathetic performance and this what will cost him. I cannot say anything bad when he plays big teams, he entered with filth and did a fantastic job with Lukaku and Ibrahimovic and the examples in the past are many.

Dunno how many of you remember his debut vs Chelsea in 2014, in that 1-1? He took care of his business, and we played in 10 men.

So he's capable of marking centre forwards who don't move? Mangala seems like a nice bloke, but let's be honest, he's a shocking footballer and at best a decent defender in a deep line. I could forgive his distribution (even though it's crucial for our setup), but the guy just lacks awareness and will get turned inside out by any nippy League One striker. We have had our fair share of shit players and ludicrous transfers, but this has to go down as one of the most appalling scouting jobs in the history of the sport.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 am

Pep seems to be getting the balance right between fielding a strong side and rotating. It doesn't help having only one striker of course but I thought last night's team was about right. 5 of our back 6 were second stringers and the other still isn't back to anything close to his best after injury.

Even so with better work in the last 3rd we would probably have win easily. We got into some great situations but just got the last bit wrong. As for Bristol showing other teams how to play against us then bring it on. It's one thing to press a reserve back line plus Yaya but a whole other thing to do it against the real team.

I thought Huddersfield showed everyone how to play against City by retreating to the last 3rd and somehow that hasnt worked either. Others have tried just kicking us off the park but we won those as well.

Can we really beat the dippers on their home turf? How good would that be!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 am

patrickblue wrote:
A bit harsh but true.

That's my view too, FBD.

Hahaha. Let me know when Bravo gets verbal abuse and booed by his own fans at an actual match and not just in a match day thread :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Ridiculous.

For Bravo this season, see Willy Caballero in the 2014 League Cup, especially the final. There are things more important than winning, in my view.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Ridiculous.

For Bravo this season, see Willy Caballero in the 2016 League Cup, especially the final. There are things more important than winning, in my view.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum