Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Rumours circulating the Rags really have offered him £400,000 a week. Throw in the Arsenal Transfer fee with the 3 year contract his agent is demanding.

You are looking at a minimum outlay of £129,000 000 for the duration of Sanchez contract.

Thats without performance related bonuses

I might be in a minority here; I hope we walk away from this one. Unless we get him on a free in a summer. ;)

He is no longer an urgent necessity given the news on Jesus injury. I also don’t think the fee represents good value for a 29 year old player.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

If, and I mean IF, Sanchez was contemplating a move to the Rags, what would be our thoughts?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If, and I mean IF, Sanchez was contemplating a move to the Rags, what would be our thoughts?

He was fuckin shit anyway. Hope he dies.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If, and I mean IF, Sanchez was contemplating a move to the Rags, what would be our thoughts?

IF this were the case, JC might be a trifle nonplussed. He's been a somewhat enthusiastic advocate of the need to sign him, for some time now.

He even convinced me at one stage, but I think I'm growing cold on this transfer again.....I dont suppose I can ever have been a 'true believer' (apologies JC). :? :? :?
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Rumours circulating the Rags really have offered him £400,000 a week. Throw in the Arsenal Transfer fee with the 3 year contract his agent is demanding.

You are looking at a minimum outlay of £129,000 000 for the duration of Sanchez contract.

I might be in a minority here; I hope we walk away from this one. Unless we get him on a free in a summer. ;)

He is no longer an urgent necessity given the news on Jesus injury. I also don’t think the fee represents good value for a 29 year old player.

That's all utter bollox. We are apparently going to offer £250k a week, making him our joint top earner after Yaya. Manu would be smashing their own structure with that weekly wage and of course we all know they cannot compete with us financially because Maureen has said so ... . Sanchez only wants to play for Pep and I think the alleged £400k a week demands were to put off PSG/Bayern etc

He will be a City player in Jan or the summer at the latest, this story is just some Rag shytestirring
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Piss myself as it would take a huge fee and huge wages and he would fall out with Mourinho quicker than Shrek can gobble down a kebab
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Piss myself as it would take a huge fee and huge wages and he would fall out with Mourinho quicker than Shrek can gobble down a kebab

A granny's kebab?

Ssn breaking with Mourinho "if you have a chance to sign a top player in January you must try".

Yeah... that's what the rags are missing. A striker who likes to come in from wide areas.

What would they do with lionel rashford and would his goal tally stop at 4?
Original Dub

Postby Dimples » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Chinners wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Rumours circulating the Rags really have offered him £400,000 a week. Throw in the Arsenal Transfer fee with the 3 year contract his agent is demanding.

That's all utter bollox. We are apparently going to offer £250k a week, making him our joint top earner after Yaya. Manu would be smashing their own structure with that weekly wage and of course we all know they cannot compete with us financially because Maureen has said so ... . Sanchez only wants to play for Pep and I think the alleged £400k a week demands were to put off PSG/Bayern etc

He will be a City player in Jan or the summer at the latest, this story is just some Rag shytestirring

I agree.
Look at the paper headlines posted by JC. Happens every transfer window with the Rags. Based on that I dismiss everything Rag related re Sanchez.
From a Sanchez perspective: 29 years old so not many years left, financially loaded, wants a realistic shot at the big trophies, an attacker who likes scoring goals.
We tick all the boxes. All the Rags can offer is money and he has plenty of that.

Arsenal are holding the deal up. Sanchez wants to come to City and is holding out for the move. Arsenal get more money if he moves elsewhere. Stalemate.
Arsenal have a decision to make. £20M now or £0 in the Summer.

I will be shocked if he goes to the Rags. If he does then the money they are throwing his way must be huge.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Dimples wrote:
Chinners wrote:

I agree.
Look at the paper headlines posted by JC. Happens every transfer window with the Rags. Based on that I dismiss everything Rag related re Sanchez.
From a Sanchez perspective: 29 years old so not many years left, financially loaded, wants a realistic shot at the big trophies, an attacker who likes scoring goals.
We tick all the boxes. All the Rags can offer is money and he has plenty of that.

Arsenal are holding the deal up. Sanchez wants to come to City and is holding out for the move. Arsenal get more money if he moves elsewhere. Stalemate.
Arsenal have a decision to make. £20M now or £0 in the Summer.

I will be shocked if he goes to the Rags. If he does then the money they are throwing his way must be huge.

Thats my point, they can't offer that sort of wage without Lukaka, Pogba etc etc all wanting their contracts upgraded as well .... never going to happen
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby blues2win » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 pm

City seem to be consistently taking a very hard line with Arsenal and Sanchez’s agent. Is Sanchez bluff going to be successfully called or will he simply go to the highest bidder? Looks like we’ll find out soon. I’m surprised. I thought we’d do whatever it takes to land him. Not van Persie again?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dimples » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 pm

blues2win wrote:City seem to be consistently taking a very hard line with Arsenal and Sanchez’s agent. Is Sanchez bluff going to be successfully called or will he simply go to the highest bidder? Looks like we’ll find out soon. I’m surprised. I thought we’d do whatever it takes to land him. Not van Persie again?

I read it like this.
City are holding the aces i.e. Sanchez wants to come to City.
Sanchez is resisting any attempts Arsenal are making to send him elsewhere i.e. to a higher bidder.
It will play out until the end of the transfer window then:
1. Arsenal accept City will go no higher than £20M and let Sanchez join us
2. Arsenal decide that Sanchez could get them 4th which is worth a lot more than £20M - so keep him and let him walk in the Summer
3. Sanchez cracks and goes to the highest bidder
4. City crack and pay what Arsenal demand

I think it will be option 1 or 2.
Probably option 1. I reckon if Sanchez stays that is more internal trouble with no guarantee that they will get 4th. Wenger will be over ruled and the business people will decide on 1.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zabbadabbado » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm

"""Manchester City are prepared to walk away from a deal to sign Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez, Press Association Sport understands.

The Premier League leaders feel the overall price for signing the Chile forward this month - transfer fee, agent costs and wage demands - is currently too high and must come down.

City are not concerned if this stance opens up a route for another club, even arch-rivals Manchester United, to step in.
Sanchez has long been a target for City and they offered £60million for the 29-year-old, without success, last summer. They would now hope to do a deal for a fee of around £20million but are understood to have been quoted £35million.

City have been convinced of Sanchez's desire to work with his former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola again for some time but they were prepared to wait until his contract expires in June.
A knee injury suffered by Gabriel Jesus on New Year's Eve had the potential to change thinking and bring forward a potential deal, but the Brazilian's problem is not as bad as feared.

With assessments suggesting Jesus could be back in training within three weeks, City have no urgent need to bring in another forward this month.
City understand Sanchez is keen to leave the Emirates Stadium in the current transfer window but they will not be pressured into overpaying by the player's representatives, Arsenal or by the interest of any other club.
Reports emerged on Thursday that United were keen to enter the race for Sanchez but there has been no confirmation from Old Trafford.

City boss Guardiola refused to discuss the matter at a press conference to preview his side's clash with Liverpool this weekend.
Guardiola said: "I understand completely this question, I understand you are doing your job, but you know my answer.
"I am not going (to speak about it). I'm focused on Liverpool, believe me. Alexis - everyone knows how good he is, but I am not going to answer about Alexis or other players."
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, meanwhile, has stressed that Sanchez will only be allowed to leave the north London club this month if a replacement is found.
The Gunners, who maintain they have not yet received an approach for Sanchez, have been linked with Bordeaux's Brazilian forward Malcom.
Wenger said: "Of course I want a quick resolution.
"Is he (Sanchez) replaceable in the way that we find exactly the same player? Certainly not, but there's always a way to find a different balance.

"Alexis is an exceptional football player, he's a world-class player and if that happens (he leaves) we have to find a different balance in the team.
"I have had many conversations about him and we talked about the fact that people are always observing you with a microscope when you're on a short-term contract, but I've never questioned his professional attitude when he's on the football pitch."""
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Just heard that on TS, that City had walked away with the Rags having put in a higher bid.

All this makes me smile and I await the end-game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 pm

I can understand the difficulty about wages. De Bruyne’s agent will soon be negotiating a new contract. If Sanchez gets way over the top he’s going to say Kevin’s worth that too and who could argue. Then you could get knock on complaints all over the shop. Only Messi could justify a wage miles higher than everyone else. Of course with bonuses Sanchez could make a lot more than the basic ie a near nailed on bonus for a PL victory. I am puzzled by the stance with Arsenal though. Chelsea paid 15 million for Barkley’s 6 month contract FFS. Surely Sanchez is worth double that at 30 million.

I know it shouldn’t bother me but I will be fucking pissed if the rags do us over on this when we clearly could get our man.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Dimples wrote:
blues2win wrote:City seem to be consistently taking a very hard line with Arsenal and Sanchez’s agent. Is Sanchez bluff going to be successfully called or will he simply go to the highest bidder? Looks like we’ll find out soon. I’m surprised. I thought we’d do whatever it takes to land him. Not van Persie again?

I read it like this.
City are holding the aces i.e. Sanchez wants to come to City.
Sanchez is resisting any attempts Arsenal are making to send him elsewhere i.e. to a higher bidder.
It will play out until the end of the transfer window then:
1. Arsenal accept City will go no higher than £20M and let Sanchez join us
2. Arsenal decide that Sanchez could get them 4th which is worth a lot more than £20M - so keep him and let him walk in the Summer
3. Sanchez cracks and goes to the highest bidder
4. City crack and pay what Arsenal demand

I think it will be option 1 or 2.
Probably option 1. I reckon if Sanchez stays that is more internal trouble with no guarantee that they will get 4th. Wenger will be over ruled and the business people will decide on 1.

I read it like that for half of it. I think we are playing a very hard line with Arsenal. I think, however, we are in cahoots with Sanchez and his team and we both know exactly where we both stand, whether it happens in jan or the summer
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Mercenary, practically a dictionary definition.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dimples » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just heard that on TS, that City had walked away with the Rags having put in a higher bid.

All this makes me smile and I await the end-game.

City walk away knowing that Sanchez will not sign for the Rags or anybody else.
The deal is done between City and Sanchez.
Arsenal make the call on when it happens - now or in the Summer.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:40 pm

the jesus will be fit for basel comment today was for a good reason
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Maybe our guy just doesn't want to deal with the guy at Arsenal
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:the jesus will be fit for basel comment today was for a good reason

yes, timing is everything
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum