Lawro & DC predictions v Dippers (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Dippers (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Lawro has splinters and DC rambles as usual

This week, Lawro takes Dario Saric of the Philadelphia 76ers and Aron Baynes of the Boston Celtics.
Baynes says ""I never really played the big organised 11-a-side game but the town I grew up in, Mareeba, had a lot of Italian and Spanish people living there so soccer was definitely at the forefront out there, up in North Queensland. I watched a lot of the Premier League growing up - one of my best friends was from England and they were pretty hardcore Manchester [United] fans, so I watched a bit of the Premier League when I was over at his place. His dad would always have it on, so to try to give them a little bit of a dig I would support anyone else who was up against Manchester [United] at that point in time."
Seems a decent sort!
Saric who is from Croatia, also played in his youth and was a fan of Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, although his favourite player was former Juventus and AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi. "Football is like the main sport in Croatia," Saric told BBC Sport. "We have had a lot of legendary players and we have some very good ones at the moment too.
"As a kid, you start to play on the street, and you play against your neighbours and your friends.
"I chose to play basketball but even now I follow football more than the basketball and know more football players than NBA ones because of the area I grew up in and the people I grew up with."

Lawro Says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42626238

Manchester City have just been absolutely brilliant but this will be a tough test for them. Going to any of the top four away from home is hard.

They have already won at Manchester United and Chelsea but I am going for a draw for Pep Guardiola's side this time.
Guardiola will not change his approach to the game - City will play the same way and go on the attack.
It will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like and what difference that makes to both teams.
I know what it is like at Anfield for a game like this where probably not many of the home fans are expecting to win. There is different feel to the place then - a bit like a colosseum atmosphere - which might be a bit different for City.
Whatever happens, I don't think it will stop City's march towards the title. They are going for four trophies this season, and I think they will end up winning three of them.
The Champions League is the only one they have only got a 50-50 chance of winning. The way they are going in the league, where they just keep on winning, they can afford to go for the domestic cup competitions too.
This is Liverpool's first game since losing Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, and having Adam Lallana fit again does soften the blow somewhat.
I am not sure Jurgen Klopp will look to bring someone else in because I think he will look and think he has got enough to get them into the Champions League places.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
Saric's prediction: 2-4
Baynes's prediction: That's a toss-up for me. I am going to go with Liverpool. 2-1

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... redictions

I think Liverpool could be the team that finally beat Manchester City. I know Philippe Coutinho is not there anymore but they've still got the firepower to beat them, with Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane. City haven't won at Anfield since 2003, although you've got to remember what City were like back then, they're not the team they are now that's for sure. But I fancy Liverpool - I didn't think I'd ever say that!

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Dippers (A)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:21 pm

When Lawro tips the dippers to draw, it means he thinks they will lose, but daren't say so.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Every pundit I've read has gone with Liverpool except one who went for a draw.

Liverpool must be firm favourites, has anyone got the bookies odds?
Original Dub

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:Every pundit I've read has gone with Liverpool except one who went for a draw.

3.1, 3.6, 2.25 at betfair
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:Every pundit I've read has gone with Liverpool except one who went for a draw.

It's not often we're favourites going to Klanfield, let's make them pay.

It's obvious the media want them to win, it's because they all want us to lose. The funny thing is that we're becoming a huge draw for the TV viewers just for that reason. The fact that other fans are walking away saying what wonderful football they've seen can only be good for us. We're creating real interest in the game, unlike others who just want to take a point or 3.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:When Lawro tips the dippers to draw, it means he thinks they will lose, but daren't say so.

Exactly, 98% of the time he has them down to win 2-0 .....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Scatman wrote:

3.1, 3.6, 2.25 at betfair

Cheers for that.

So we're favourites, yet no pundit would bet on us?

Hmm...
Original Dub

Return to The Maine Football forum