Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am

Image©
MCF.net members should always try to use Mr Nools daily 'word bollox' in one of their posts that day
INVEIGLE
ɪnˈviːɡ(ə)l,ɪnˈveɪɡ(ə)l
verb
persuade (someone) to do something by means of deception or flattery.
or
gain entrance to (a place) by using deception or flattery.

"What will it take to inveigle Wenger in to selling Sanchez this transfer window?
"

ROUND-UP
There’s also word from Leroy Sane on Pep Guardiola’s advice to him, while a Premier League title rival reflects on City’s stellar campaign to date.
Transfer rumours is where we’ll begin, with the Manchester Evening News claiming City have upped the ante in their reported pursuit of Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fred.
James Robson suggests: “Manchester City have firmed up their interest in Fred - informing Shakhtar Donetsk they will pay in the region of £45m for the Brazilian international.
“Ukrainian champions Shakhtar insist that is below their valuation - but City's move is evidence of Pep Guardiola's determination to land the midfielder as a long-term successor for Fernandinho.
“Guardiola believes it is vital to secure back-up for Fernandinho, who he described this week as having played “a million minutes” already this term.
“The Catalan has drawn up his transfer priorities for the January window and at the end of the season, with a commanding midfielder one of the areas most in need of address.”
Meanwhile, Sane has spoken at length with The Guardian’s Jamie Jackson, discussing everything from his upbringing, Sunday’s trip to Liverpool and winning the World Cup.
The German midfielder also revealed the manager’s advice for him, saying: “I needed a little time to settle, to know the Premier League, the people here, how they are and to know the players.
“I had to find my confidence. Pep told me to play with freedom like [Lionel] Messi, not like Messi – it’s impossible.
“Be free like Messi, have fun, do things like he wants from a striker like the end of the space [near goal] – take the option to shoot or give an assist.”
The last word comes from Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas, who believes City’s form means what would typically be classed as a good campaign, is no longer enough.
The Spaniard told Sky Sports: “We are having a good season, but obviously in the Premier League Man City are having a super season.
"So when you see a team being so advanced in the table and so many points in front, it is not easy.
"That does not mean that the others are doing badly, but they are doing incredibly well. Everything is going their way, they are scoring many times in the last minute - this is credit to them obviously because they keep pushing.
"Everything goes their way, everything they touch turns to gold. In a way, this is a bit frustrating for the others, but we just have to keep going.”

SANCHEZ BOLLOX
Fill your boots you loverly people it's all in here . . .
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=52741&start=1320

Man City manager Pep Guardiola launches £45m move for Brazilian midfielder Fred
Manchester City have firmed up their interest in Fred - informing Shakhtar Donetsk they will pay in the region of £45m for the Brazilian international.
Ukrainian champions Shakhtar insist that is below their valuation - but City's move is evidence of Pep Guardiola's determination to land the midfielder as a long-term successor for Fernandinho.
MEN Sport revealed on Tuesday how the 24-year-old had been identified by Guardiola as the No6 he plans to secure between now and the summer window.
City’s move comes after Manchester United were also linked with Fred as a potential replacement for Michael Carrick.
Guardiola believes it is vital to secure back-up for Fernandinho, who he described this week as having played “a million minutes” already this term.
The Catalan has drawn up his transfer priorities for the January window and at the end of the season, with a commanding midfielder one of the areas most in need of address.
His main target this month remains a centre back, with the club prepared to walk away from their pursuit of Alexis Sanchez in the face of the huge financial package required to sign the Arsenal striker.
Fernandinho is on the verge of signing an extension to his contract, which expires in the summer.
But with the Brazilian set to turn 33 in May, Guardiola is looking to the future.
He has been one of City’s stand out performers so far this season - but has struggled to maintain those standards for an entire campaign in past years.
Yaya Toure ended up taking over his role for large parts of the second half of last season, with Fernandinho deployed at right back.
Guardiola admits he will need to manage his game time as City continue their pursuit of the quadruple - but is confident he will remain pivotal to his plans.
“Maybe it’s happened in the past (struggling in the second half of the season),” he said. “In the second half of last season he played good, especially when he played at full-back, a position he didn’t play regularly.
Pep Guardiola's reaction to Manchester United Alexis Sanchez bid
“I don’t have that feeling this season because he knows exactly what he has to do.
“We are going to take care of his minutes as much as possible, give him a break, because Fernandinho is a key player for us. He’s so important.”
Should Fred arrive this month, he will provide much-needed cover for a player who made 33 appearances already this season.
But he would be ineligible for the Champions League, having already played in it this term - including two impressive performances against City.

Leroy Sané: ‘Pep told me to play like Messi – with freedom
Manchester City forward tells how he could have joined Sunday’s opponents, Liverpool, but has no regrets after 18 months iunder the tutelage of Guardiola
Leroy Sané’s welcoming demeanour suggests a young footballer enjoying his stellar rise at Manchester City. There is an intelligence in his eyes and a willingness to discuss anything – including Alexis Sánchez’s possible arrival this month – as he relaxes in a chair at the club’s training complex.
Sánchez’s regular berth is on the left of attack, the area from which Sané terrorises defences. Yet there is no concern should the Arsenal forward, the subject of a £20m bid, join City during the transfer window and threaten Sané’s place in the starting XI.
“No, it doesn’t worry me personally,” the German says. “He’s a very good player. If he comes to us – I don’t know it will happen – he can help us. No player would say: ‘Oh I hope he doesn’t come.’ Every one of us is playing really well right now and everyone has confidence. But there are so many games – so everyone is going to get games.
“If you don’t get challenged, then you can’t find out how good you are. Even if he is better, you can look up to him, learn and try to improve with him. That makes you a better player. Even if someone like that comes in and is in front of you – if he plays more – the target is to get in front of him in the first XI. So it makes you work harder.”
City are at Liverpool on Sunday and Jürgen Klopp’s side know how good Sané can be. In September’s reverse fixture he produced one of his finest displays since joining from Schalke for £37m in the summer of 2016.
After 57 minutes he replaced Gabriel Jesus. City were 3-0 ahead, Sadio Mané had been sent off for the visitors, and Sané was ruthless in killing off Liverpool, scoring twice to complete a 5-0 win. He says: “I try, like always, to help the team, and to score two goals was very good for the team and for me too.”
City’s title challenge is a near-procession 22 matches in. Pep Guardiola’s team hold a 15-point lead over Manchester United and are a further three better off than Liverpool. Yet Sané knows the trip to Anfield will be a battle.
“They have a very good team, good strikers,” he says. “[Roberto] Firmino, [Mo] Salah, Mané – quick players. They will look for mistakes from us and try to play counterattacks. That’s why it’s a tough game. It was an equal game at the start of the season because they also had chances to score the first goal.
“They didn’t and then Mané was sent off, that was better for us. After we got the goal, we had much more confidence, they had a player less. The coach has also said it will be a tough game; it’s against Liverpool, they’re at Anfield and that’s why we are all looking forward to it.”
Klopp is a long-time admirer of Sané. He had hoped to sign his countryman for Liverpool. “Yes, I was also talking with them,” says Sané, who made his senior debut for Schalke in April 2014. “Jürgen was calling me too, talking to me. That was before I joined City. He did a good job at [Borussia] Dortmund – I met him when he was there. He’s a good guy, nice guy – honest. He [has] worked well with Liverpool.”
Klopp, who managed Dortmund from 2008 to 2015, wanted Sané to join the German club too. “Yes, there was a time when I was still in the academy that I could have gone there from Schalke but there was no thoughts at all to move to a rival,” he says. “I have no regrets at all. I’m very happy here. I have a lot of friends here, Raheem Sterling, John Stones, Kyle Walker. I really like it – everyone is a really good person, we have fun, a laugh.”
City are flying in all four competitions. They are 90 minutes away from the Carabao Cup final at Wembley as they take a 2-1 lead to Bristol City for Tuesday week’s semi-final second leg. There is an FA Cup fourth-round date at the winner of the Cardiff City-Mansfield Town replay. And next month the Champions League challenge is resumed with a last-16 tie against Basel.
Sané, who has nine Germany caps, can look forward to an exciting summer at international level too, when Joachim Löw’s team defend the World Cup in Russia. His eyes sparkle when the notion of a clean sweep with club and country is put to him. “I think I’d retire – at 22,” he says and laughs. “One season and four titles with City and then the World Cup – that would be enough. If it happened, it would be an amazing year, but I don’t think it will happen. I hope but I don’t think so.”
Sané’s haul of nine goals means he has equalled last term’s tally. He is City’s fastest player and the sight of him burning away from defenders is a joy of watching this Guardiola team. What fascinates most is how good Sané may become. He is a first choice but City’s manager speaks of how much Sané can improve.
He agrees. “No player at the beginning of his career knows how good he can be,” he says. “It’s exciting and for me it’s a challenge to see how good I can be, how I can get to the best level. It’s really nice to see how it will go.”
Guardiola is harnessing his talent, making Sané a far finer footballer than on arrival. It is a feat the manager has achieved with virtually all of his squad and a key to why City are so dominant.
Sané says: “He improves me a lot since day one that I was here. My complete game – how I play, how I have to move, in the space, when I don’t have the ball, when I have the ball. It’s quite impressive how he can help you to improve – it’s very good for the player and for the team.
“I played against his Bayern Munich and I could see how they could play. It was amazing; it was not so comfortable to play against them.”
Sané struggled initially after joining City until a discussion with Guardiola. “I needed a little time to settle, to know the Premier League, the people here, how they are and to know the players. I had to find my confidence. Pep told me to play with freedom like [Lionel] Messi, not like Messi – it’s impossible,” says Sané, laughing again. “Be free like Messi, have fun, do things like he wants from a striker like the end of the space [near goal] – take the option to shoot or give an assist.”
Sané mentions “fun” more than once, and it is refreshing to hear an elite player talk of revelling in his high-pressure existence. “Of course I enjoy it,” he says. “Sometimes you’re so focused that you don’t even think about it. But you get confidence if you play well. When there’s a goal you’re happy, you celebrate. And through these things you feel much more like you’re having fun and so try to do more things, maybe score or make an assist – you feel the fun.”
Sané’s sporting parents have been crucial to his mental approach. Souleymane, his father, played for Wattenscheid in the Bundesliga and for Senegal. Regina, his mother, was a gymnastics bronze medallist at the 1984 Olympics for West Germany.
“They helped me a lot – they know the different sides of sport,” he says. “They could help me with different issues, special issues which they see similar [to their own experience] and could give me an example. It helped me to solve problems.”
But there is nothing troubling Sané and City at the moment. Instead, there is a buzz around the club. “We feel we can win some trophies so it feels special,” he says. “That’s why it’s special when you come to training. The games come around and you want to work hard, win the games. We’ve had a very good season so far. Many things can still happen and we won’t relax at all. To relax in the Premier League is not good.”
While taking nothing for granted Sané would love to help City claim the title and then retain it, a feat only United and Chelsea have achieved in the Premier League era.
“We always say we want to keep going on – we want to go as far as we can,” he says. “The final of the Carabao Cup, the final of the FA Cup, the Premier League; we want to go through and also to be in Kiev for the Champions League final.
“It’s a dream for everyone. That’s why we are all working so hard. It’s very good for the team – everyone wants to win titles and improve.”

SAM LEE'S 'GOAL' BOLLOX
Real Madrid move for Man City's Sterling
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is in talks with Manchester City over the possible signing of Raheem Sterling, claims Don Balon.
Sterling has seen marked improvement in his game since coming under the wing of Pep Guardiola.
And that upturn in form has not escaped the attention of Perez, who sees him as a possible successor to Gareth Bale at the Bernabeu.

Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Redknapp blasts January deal, he’s better off going to Man City
JAMIE REDKNAPP has blasted Manchester United’s interest in Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez and insists a deal doesn’t make sense.
Manchester United have emerged as the frontrunners to sign Sanchez, who is out of contract at the end of the season.
Reports have suggested United have put together a financial package that eclipses what City are prepared to pay.
Express Sport understands United have tried to test the waters with a £25million offer for Sanchez and explored the option of Henrikh Mkhitaryan being used as a potential makeweight.
But Sky Sports pundit Redknapp thinks the Gunners are better off selling Sanchez to City as opposed to United.
“For them to finish in the top four this season is not going got be easy, and that's why selling Sanchez to Manchester United would make no sense to me at all,” Redknapp told Sky Sports.
“Sell him to City. The truth is that Arsenal and Manchester City aren't rivals, but Arsenal are big rivals with United because they are both fighting for those top four spots.
“Wenger has put so much emphasis on finishing in the top four over the years, so why would he now go and strengthen one of his main rivals?”

RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
Re: Champs league
by Wonderwall » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
The top half of the table is becoming very congested from 4th down and it goes to show that investment has brought the league to a new level, which has never been seen before. There are so many teams able to take points off each other like never before.

4 Liverpool 39 serious underachievers in the league, despite the class players they have.
5 Everton 39 very good manager and a good squad with no idiots thinking they are superstars
6 Aston Villa 39 martin o'neill has the midas touch, I wanted him at eastlands, they are going to be a challenger.
7 Manchester City 39 need to get the mixture right in attack, but I am very happy with our season so far.
8 Portsmouth 37 mr twitch bung seems to do well with unknowns but will not last the pace.
9 Blackburn Rovers 37 Mark hughes has done very well and without a massive cash injection, they wont be a force though.
10 West Ham United 32 lucky to be here after the tevez fiasco, but they are a decent outfit
11 Tottenham Hotspur 27 will the ramos magic work in the premiership? time will tell.
12 Newcastle United 27 Keegan will need to work some magic up there, as they are in disarray at the moment.

What stands out more than anything is the shear amount of cash that the above clubs have had injected. The only exception is blackburn who have been very steady.

I am glad we have frank and sven, otherwise we would have been looking at how wigan, fulham and sunderland had got on every week. I hope those days are behind us for good.... fingers crossed.

Ian Wright urges proven 30-year-old defender to move to Man City ahead of Arsenal
The Arsenal legend urges Northern Irish defender Jonny Evans to move to Manchester City ahead of a switch to the Gunners
Ian Wright believes Jonny Evans should seize the chance to move to Manchester City despite interest from Arsenal.
The Northern Ireland international has seen his stock rise since his move to West Brom from Manchester United in the 2015 summer transfer window under Louis van Gaal.
Evans has a wealth of experience under his belt following his eight-season stint at the Red Devils under Sir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes.
The 30-year-old attracted interest from Premier League leaders Manchester City and FA Cup holders Arsenal last summer but West Brom managed to keep the proven defender.
The former Manchester United star is continuing to attract interest from Arsenal and Manchester City in the January transfer window as Pep Guardiola and Arsene Wenger look to bolster their defences.
Ex-Arsenal striker Wright believes Evans should jump at the opportunity to move to Manchester City given the brand of football being played under Guardiola.
“I would have Jonny Evans in front of Mangala and Otamendi alongside Stones because of his experience,” Wright told The Debate on Sky Sports.
“If Arsenal and Man City are in for you, look where they’re going and the managers – why wouldn’t you want to go there [City] at this stage of your career?
“He knows what it is like to be at a big club. Even if he is on the bench, I think he will get games, he is still going to be in a team going for trophies.”

OTHER BOLLOX
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte wants to sign Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez in January, saying the 29-year-old would be a "good investment". (Telegraph)

Tottenham are ready to drop their interest in Bordeaux winger Malcom because the French club want £45m for the 20-year-old, although Arsenal are still interested in signing the Brazilian. (Mail)

Tottenham are ready to start pay talks with striker Harry Kane, 24, and extend the deals of midfielder Christian Eriksen, 25, and forward Son Heung-min, 25. (Times)

Manchester United plan to start contract negotiations with keeper David de Gea which would see the 27-year-old become the joint-highest earner at the club on £300,000-a-week. (Sun)

Manchester United are unlikely to follow up their interest in Leicester's 30-year-old England striker Jamie Vardy. (Leicester Mercury)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says talks over a new deal with playmaker Mesut Ozil, 29, are "very much alive" as hopes he might stay with the Gunners have increased. (Telegraph)

Spanish club Espanyol have already prepared for the departure of their manager Quique Sanchez Flores to Stoke City. (Marca)

Manchester United get Alexis Sanchez boost with Man City ready to walk away (MuEN)

West Ham boss David Moyes wants the January transfer window reduced to a week with the last day, similar to in Italy, taking place at a hotel where club officials and agents gather to sort out deals. (Times)

Former Arsenal, Manchester United and Netherlands striker Robin van Persie, 34, is set to leave Turkish club Fenerbahce to join Dutch club Feyenoord - where he began his career. (AD - in Dutch)

Chelsea are interested in appointing either Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri or Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri as successor to Antonio Conte. (Evening Standard)

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi paid 12m euros (£10.64m) in back taxes at the end of 2016 in order to avoid possible further punishment over his financial affairs - and the money was paid back to him by his Spanish club. (Der Spiegel)

Argentina international Messi's contract with Barca guarantees him more than 100m euros a year (£88.6m) in salary. (Mediapart)

Real Madrid were ready to pay 30-year-old Messi's 250m euro (£221.7m) buyout clause in 2013. (El Mundo)

Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Leeds United and Cardiff City all want to sign Middlesbrough's 28-year-old English midfielder Adam Clayton. (Northern Echo)

Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis wants to sign "one or two" new players this month but says his squad is already too big. (Evening Gazette)

Sunderland want to sign Burnley's 34-year-old Republic of Ireland striker Jon Walters on loan until the end of the season. (Northern Echo)

Crystal Palace's 29-year-old Mali striker Bakary Sako wants to stay at the club, despite his deal running out in the summer. (Croydon Advertiser)

Schalke want to re-sign Chelsea defender Baba Rahman. The 23-year-old Ghana left-back spent the first half of last season on loan at the German club. (Evening Standard)

West Ham are prepared to listen to offers for Mexico striker Javier Hernandez but the 29-year-old is not tempted by a move to new MLS team Los Angeles FC. (Mail)

West Ham boss David Moyes says he has no plans to sell England striker Andy Carroll after the 29-year-old was linked with a move to Chelsea. (Sky Sports)

Birmingham look set to miss out on the signing of 24-year-old Nigeria midfielder Shehu Abdullahi from Cypriot club Anorthosis Famagusta. (Birmingham Mail)

Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard, 27, says he will sign a new contract - and that 25-year-old goalkeeper and fellow Belgium international Thibaut Courtois will also commit to the Blues. (Independent)

Watford are not interested in selling their 18-year-old Colombian winger Juan Camilo Hernandez, who has been impressing on loan at Spanish second-tier club Huesca. (Hertfordshire Mercury)

Paris St-Germain are still keen to sign Nice's 26-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Seri. (Le Parisien)

Former Colombia and Newcastle striker Faustino Asprillia believes he would be worth 200m euros (£177m) in the current transfer market. The 48-year-old joined the Magpies for £6.7m from Parma in 1996. (Tuttomercatoweb)

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says the club are not close to making any signings but insists they are "awake" in the January transfer window. (Sky Sports)

Bournemouth's 21-year-old English defender Jack Simpson has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract with the Premier League club. (Bournemouth Echo)

French midfielder Francis Coquelin, 26 has claimed he had to leave Arsenal for the sake of his career and says he already "feels at home" after his £11m transfer to Spanish club Valencia. (Mirror)

GOLDEN BOLLOX from 13/1/2011
Roque Santa Cruz to rejoin Blackburn as City clear-out continues
Santa Cruz made eight starts - and earned £6m in wages
Roberto Mancini's gradual easing out of Mark Hughes's signings at Manchester City is accelerating with Roque Santa Cruz likely to be next to join the exodus, the striker poised to rejoin Blackburn Rovers to end an 18-month spell better known for his injuries rather than goals.
Santa Cruz has scored only four times since joining City in July 2009 and Hughes's year-long pursuit to bring him to Eastlands, for £17.5m, now looks to have been one of the more wasteful transfers of modern times.
In total, Santa Cruz started eight games, with another 16 substitute appearances. The Paraguay international has earned around £6m in wages and was so marginalised this season he did not even make Mancini's 25-man squad for the Europa League. Instead the striker would often be seen cycling into the club's practice ground to train on his own.
Lazio have been trying to lure him to Italy but Santa Cruz's family is settled in the north-west of England and he is close to finalising a loan move to return to the club where he scored 23 goals in the 2007-08 campaign, his one season in English football when he has not been troubled by injury issues. If everything goes according to plan, including a stringent medical examination, a deal to the end of the season could go through in time for him to make his debut at Chelsea on Saturday.

Mancini's misgivings about many of the players recruited by Hughes have also led to a loan for Wayne Bridge to West Ham United whereas Mario Balotelli's knee injury will not change the club's stance when it comes to trying to move on Emmanuel Adebayor.
The former Arsenal striker's attitude behind the scenes – he was involved in a training-ground fracas with Kolo Touré last week – is becoming a growing concern to Mancini and City hope a loan deal can be arranged, leading to a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

Mancini has stated that Edin Dzeko will be the only new signing at City in January, but the Italian could be forgiven for wishing that Hughes had not opted against trying harder to tempt Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur when the Welshman was out of the team two years ago.
City discussed Bale's potential availability at great length and Mancini's admiration for the player is clear. "You would need a lot of money [to sign him]," he said. "He is a very expensive player and if Tottenham decide to put him on the market, Bale would be the strongest target in the summer. He is perhaps the only player who is not a striker that can make a difference. Without him, Tottenham lose 50% of their potential."

Michael Johnson has accepted he may have to go out on loan after making his return after a cruciate ligament injury for the reserves on Tuesday night. He last appeared for the first team in October 2009. "We have a lot of world class players. That is why we are second in the league," he said. "It is better for me to go and get games now. Ideally maybe going out somewhere for the rest of the season and getting match fit might be a better option [than staying]."

Birmingham sound out Man City for Wright-Phillips price
Birmingham City are interested in Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Birmingham have made enquiries for Wright-Phillips with City.
The Daily Mail says City want £5million for Wright-Phillips or his £60,000 a week wages paid in full on any loan deal.

Real Madrid are ready to end Emmanuel Adebayor's Manchester City nightmare.The Spanish giants are suddenly desperate to sign a striker in the January transfer window after losing their top centre-forward Gonzalo Higuain for the rest of the season with a serious back injury.
Monaco and Fulham are also interested in the player, and the French club believe they are in with a shout because of the tax-free situation in the principality. But Real manager Jose Mourinho is an admirer of Togo international Adebayor from his days in charge at Chelsea, and crucially, isn't put off by the African's astronomical wages.
Several other clubs have already made firm enquiries about Adebayor, but have been warned that if they want to take him on loan, they must pay his salary in full - a staggering £160,000 a week.
Real are ready to do a loan deal until the end of the season with a view to a permanent transfer, and not only will they pick up the tab for his wages, they will also pay a loan fee of around £1million.
That is something of a result for City, who are desperate to get the out-of-favour forward out of the club, after his spectacular training ground bust-up with skipper Kolo Toure.
Adebayor has barely featured under manager Roberto Mancini, who sees the former Arsenal player as a troublemaker and a disruptive influence on the team spirit he is trying to create.
City are aware of Real's interest and are realistic enough to accept that once Argentina international Higuain is fit again a permanent deal will look less attractive to the Spanish giants.
But the mere fact that he will be playing games for Real in the Champions League will put Adebayor in the shop window, which is an attractive enough option for City.
"In two months, Higuain will be training, in two more, playing. But he won't reach 100 per cent before next season," Mourinho said. "It's what I expected. I wasn't counting on him for this season, so I can't be disappointed."
City want to get their wage bill down after receiving serious warning from UEFA in recent weeks that they must follow the upcoming fair play rules on debt.
After signing Bosnian international Edin Dzeko earlier this week, they have a surplus of top class strikers - and a salary structure to prove it.
Adebayor was in the news recently for a very different reason - a painting of him was seized at Coventry airport, and found to contain almost £3,000 of cannabis hidden behind the frame!

VIDEO SPECIAL: Five fabulous finishes from new Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko
Roberto Mancini has suggested that there will be no more buys this season for Manchester City – but in £27million Edin Dzeko has he saved his best until last?
Strikers Mario Balotelli, Emmanuel Adebayor, Jo and Roque Santa Cruz have all arrived at Eastlands in big money moves in recent years, and for various reasons none have reached the heights that their price tag otherwise suggested.
But the Bosnian looks to be the real deal and could be the man that spurs City towards their first top flight title since 1968. Here Sportsmail looks at five of his best goals that showcase all his talent - Premier League defenders look away now!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Dzeko.html

WAG OF THE DAY - Danielle Bux
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Arsenal's Spanish keeper Manuel Almunia and Russian forward Andrey Arshavin could both be about to leave the north London club. Metro

Meanwhile Arsenal are set to re-sign England international defender Matthew Upson from West Ham, which could see the Hammers move for Newcastle centre-back Sol Campbell. Daily Mirror

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping to secure a long-term target - Lyon playmaker and France international Yoann Gourcuff this summer. caughtoffside

Liverpool manager Kenny Mumbles is set to make an offer for Blackpool captain and midfielder Charlie Adam who again impressed as the Tangerines beat his side on Wednesday. Daily Mirror

FK Partizan midfielder Radosav Petrovic is attracting the interest of both Manchester United and Tottenham. Metro

Holland international Ricky van Wolfswinkel's move to the Premier League will be delayed until the summer to allow the Utrecht forward time to recover from a collarbone injury. talksport

Chelsea and Liverpool's hopes of signing Roma defender Philippe Mexes have been hit by an injury crisis at AC Milan, the Serie A leaders now favourites to sign the 28-year-old French international. talksport

Stoke City are lining up a £2m bid for Aston Villa defender Curtis Davies. Daily Mail

Cardiff are considering a move to bring back West Ham defender Danny Gabbidon who has failed to agree a new contract with the Premier League club and will be free in the summer. Daily Mail
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 am

“Sell him to City. The truth is that Arsenal and Manchester City aren't rivals..”

Haha class! Redknapp has been proper sucking us off this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 am

Ian Wright is a bit dolly.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 am

Wrighty wants JFE to come t us rather than Arsenal because he is crap :D :D .

I'm glad to see inveigling in there, it is a key business skill!

So rags are suddenly 'front runners' for Sanchez lol.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

In the summer it was Arsenal who wanted Sterling. Now, it's supposedly Real Madrid.

When are these media jackals going to link Raheem with a decent side just for once, instead of all these third rate outfits they seem to dredge up ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum