Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm

zuricity wrote:Need to play Walker as a false centre foreward . This will confuse Madley as he gives a penslty against him , not realising it is for city.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:55 pm

And still nothing from the fa or refs themselves about this. So I guess it will simply continue until someone actually breaks a leg. I haven't read any direct quotes fro our lot either regarding the situation so no wonder they aren't defending their decisions
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 pm

Can't believe the club are not making more noise about these tackles.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:32 pm

I actually think Pep did enough last night as the backlash in the media has been immense. Apart from a couple of half-wits on TalkSport, the majority were talking sense and skating the officials as well as the player.

I'm also sure things are going on in the background with the club ensuring that in no uncertain terms, we won't put up with it anymore.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:42 am

I still remain amazed at the patience shown by our club; the FFP1, soon to be FFP2, and the almost daily tirade of lies and abusive media reportage. Notjust domestically but Europewide. The manner in which the football institutions have allowed their offices to be used by the old order to attempt to keep City reeled in.
Now we see what is probably the worst kind of corruption; the use of referees to allow opposing players to attempt to injure, maim and even possibly end players' careers on the field of play all done within the public gaze of a global TV audience of many millions.
Too confident in their own invulnerable positions, those that run our game do not give a flying fuck what anybody thinks. They do as they please in the knowledge that as the sanctioning bodies, they will notbe asked to sanction themselves.

What we witnessed against Cardiff, replicated also against Spurs and other teams is nothing short of a series of physical assaults designed to injure.
If done off the pitch, there would be a huge public outcry against the perpetrators.The media would have a field day ripping these thugs to bits...On the field of play, week after week it is just considered a part of the game.

Warnock's public persona may be that of a cuddly, family man, but the reality of his words tells another truth.

Was it Duncan Ferguson who was arrested for his on filed assault on another player? It's about time our club took the view that if the football institutions refuse to defend our players, then City should. In court, dragging the player into the dock.

If the football institutions wanted to stop this, they could do so. A player deemed to have assaulted (not just fouled) another player to an extent where the victim misses a number of matches, should not be allowed to play until his victim is considered ready to play again.

And for the record, if a player ends another player's career, then the same rule should apply. It would certsainly have affected the careers of Keane, Buchan and Best.
Likely to happen, not in a million years.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:47 am

john68 wrote:I still remain amazed at the patience shown by our club; the FFP1, soon to be FFP2, and the almost daily tirade of lies and abusive media reportage. Notjust domestically but Europewide. The manner in which the football institutions have allowed their offices to be used by the old order to attempt to keep City reeled in.
Now we see what is probably the worst kind of corruption; the use of referees to allow opposing players to attempt to injure, maim and even possibly end players' careers on the field of play all done within the public gaze of a global TV audience of many millions.
Too confident in their own invulnerable positions, those that run our game do not give a flying fuck what anybody thinks. They do as they please in the knowledge that as the sanctioning bodies, they will notbe asked to sanction themselves.

What we witnessed against Cardiff, replicated also against Spurs and other teams is nothing short of a series of physical assaults designed to injure.
If done off the pitch, there would be a huge public outcry against the perpetrators.The media would have a field day ripping these thugs to bits...On the field of play, week after week it is just considered a part of the game.

Warnock's public persona may be that of a cuddly, family man, but the reality of his words tells another truth.

Was it Duncan Ferguson who was arrested for his on filed assault on another player? It's about time our club took the view that if the football institutions refuse to defend our players, then City should. In court, dragging the player into the dock.

If the football institutions wanted to stop this, they could do so. A player deemed to have assaulted (not just fouled) another player to an extent where the victim misses a number of matches, should not be allowed to play until his victim is considered ready to play again.

And for the record, if a player ends another player's career, then the same rule should apply. It would certsainly have affected the careers of Keane, Buchan and Best.
Likely to happen, not in a million years.

I think the referees are agenda driven 100% , they obviously get together and discuss various players and teams play with half of them bitching about City players '' falling over'' ''diving'' etc etc and I fucking guarantee they mostly agree that City players are the biggest culprits and then set out to give us fuck all when officiating our matches....its either their individual decision to fuck us over or it comes from even higher.
IMO -the most bent cunt in football matches is actually not the referee , its the fuckign linesman ! one day it will come out that one of these cunts has had a 3rd party putting bets on matches..........its that fuckign easy for them to do.

One day it will come out....one day.

No point discussing the other issue of FFP as we all know that's an open and shut case Agenda against City more so than anyone else (Barring maybe PSG).
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 pm

Quite a pattern developing over the last 6 games or so.

Whether it's coincidental incompetence, bias or worse, there's no sign of it stopping. A career could be ended if it keeps up.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:Quite a pattern developing over the last 6 games or so.

Whether it's coincidental incompetence, bias or worse, there's no sign of it stopping. A career could be ended if it keeps up.

It’s open season at the moment.
Even teams that don’t have anything to gain off us just see that there is no punishment for kicking us.
The type of tackle is getting worse and there will be serious injury again if there is no deterrent.

The EPL should have a hard look at itself.
The global audience as well as the domestic one will see what is going on and an anti City bias won’t go down well outside of the G14, as it will be seen as an agenda against Pep’s beautiful vision of how football should be played.

They really need to clean up their act or I’m convinced it will come back to haunt them.
We will prevail. Our owners will win in the long game.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:28 pm

The refs only got it right first half of the season but we just fucking knew this would change in the second half- its going exactly how some of us predicted.........the FA cannot have City embarrassing the rest of the prem can they.

There is no other explanation for the referees to turn a blind eye to the footballing law on leg breaking fouls....its every match now.
KDB was fucking lucky to jump out of the way of that fuckign thick cunt and Diaz..well...fuck even knows how hes even walking after that brutal attack.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:06 am

To even things up a bit I thought Ferny was lucky to stay on the pitch after stepping on the thigh of one of theirs.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:14 am

dazby wrote:To even things up a bit I thought Ferny was lucky to stay on the pitch after stepping on the thigh of one of theirs.

Accidentally. Really? Wow.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:23 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
dazby wrote:To even things up a bit I thought Ferny was lucky to stay on the pitch after stepping on the thigh of one of theirs.

Exactly, there appeared no intent there whatsoever from fern. The BBC was reporting there might be retrospective action, but it would be an incredible injustice. After all the deliberate cynical challenges on our players with no retrospective action if Fern should be cited. It appears completely accidental IMO.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 am

Plain Speaking wrote:

Exactly, there appeared no intent there whatsoever from fern. The BBC was reporting there might be retrospective action, but it would be an incredible injustice. After all the deliberate cynical challenges on our players with no retrospective action if Fern should be cited. It appears completely accidental IMO.

They didn’t make anything of it on MoTD.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:37 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Simon Beck the linesman who failed to flag Spurs, when they were 2 yards offside against us, failed to flag the stonewall penalty to Arsenal in the game today. He also often used to be in Clattenburg's team when Leicester won lots of controversial decisions. Clattenburg has bailed out of the PL, is this another corrupt official that needs to be investigated?
(quote from 2/12/17)
Simon Beck was the linesman that disallowed Bernardo Silva's legitimate goal on Sunday and also failed to inform Lee Mason that the tackle on Sane should be a red card.

I am convinced he is deliberately corrupt, we prepared a dossier on the referee that used to shaft us for all the Everton games, the club should do the same for this guy. His behaviour is beyond coincidental.
Plain Speaking

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:39 am

Of course the shocker on Brahim will not be referred because that idiot gave a yellow. Why no retrospective reds where appropriate.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Quite rightly too!

(Although I still wouldn't be surprised if Sky try to find an obscure misrepresentative angle, where it looks bad, and play it on continuous loop, like they have done in the past when they have wanted our players suspended).
Plain Speaking

Postby phips » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:08 am

there needs to be a retroactive ban that can occur for obvious offenses regardless if the ref claims he saw it or not.

the tackle of Diaz today should be a 3 match ban. everyone knows that.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:54 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

No Baggie player made anything of it either, which speaks volumes, it wouldn't surprise me though if pressure was put on the FA to get him a ban.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

No Baggie player made anything of it either, which speaks volumes, it wouldn't surprise me though if pressure was put on the FA to get him a ban.

Wouldn't be surprised at al if he gets suspended for that. "They" need to keep us from winning too much. Plus "they" will probably enjoy the kick in the nuts a call like that would be after all the legbreakers against us that have gone unpunished.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

The chances are we are going to be seeing bad tackles in every game. Last night is just another performance from a ref we know is not fit for purpose.
How he deemed that tackle on Diaz not a red is the biggest question same on with Bennett last Sunday, Puncheon did himself in his two footed assault, still a straight red not given. Burnley will get into us knowing they can go as far as they like the refs have set the bar and they will mark my words pro's take it to the max an will use the decisions not given as the excuse.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum