Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Martin Atkinson for Saturday lunch time.

Last time he reffed Burnley (Boxing Day against rags) he booked 7 of their fuckers!!!

So here's hoping he'll be all over them...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The chances are we are going to be seeing bad tackles in every game. Last night is just another performance from a ref we know is not fit for purpose.
How he deemed that tackle on Diaz not a red is the biggest question same on with Bennett last Sunday, Puncheon did himself in his two footed assault, still a straight red not given. Burnley will get into us knowing they can go as far as they like the refs have set the bar and they will mark my words pro's take it to the max an will use the decisions not given as the excuse.

Not fit for purpose? I think they're very fit for purpose mate. There's no way in this world that all these ref's keep making glaring errors but then take the field a few days later. For me it is very much a directive, and one that has come about since the likes of Pogba openly resorted to wishing our players injured. Along with the neanderthals such as Danny Murphy and Joey CUNTING Barton, telling us it's ok to leave one on us, it's become open season on our players. Murphy changed his tune last night though, hanging his head whilst talking about the Diaz foul, knows he takes some credit for this happening.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:26 pm

The FA have decided to look into goal celebrations...serious stuff.

Meanwhile Career threatening fouls is not on the agenda.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The FA have decided to look into goal celebrations...serious stuff.

Meanwhile Career threatening fouls is not on the agenda.

They get DVD's of the game with the commentary from the bosses. You missed this you did well here, How in any way shape or form are the two games not at least 4 reds. Reason they are out of there depth and have no place at this level.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm

The fuckin lot of these bent fuckers need investigating asap.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 pm

gillie wrote:The fuckin lot of these bent fuckers need investigating asap.

Who by though? They are a closed shop and although most think they are run by the FA, they are not. They are basically a private company, paid by the PL to do their bidding.

With the serious ineptitude that we see week in/week out, does anybody really think that their boss should still be running it unless he's doing his paymasters bidding?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
gillie wrote:The fuckin lot of these bent fuckers need investigating asap.

Who by though? They are a closed shop and although most think they are run by the FA, they are not. They are basically a private company, paid by the PL to do their bidding.

With the serious ineptitude that we see week in/week out, does anybody really think that their boss should still be running it unless he's doing his paymasters bidding?

Well as you say they are untouchable it would have to be some sort of undercover investigation if at all possible. Blatter thought he was untouchable so I suppose we can hope PiGMOL AREN'T.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby little boy blue » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Ref Watch
referees are not fit for purpose they need an overhaul from the top to bottom they must be accountable to some independent body who has the power to sanction those referees who cant or wont control the game
little boy blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchestercity
My favourite player is: davidsilva

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am

From the Daily Mail, this addresses some of the concerns...

Football: Managers blow the whistle on inconsistent referees

by ALAN BIGGS, Daily Mail

Premiership managers will today demand the removal of inconsistent referees at a London summit session with Philip Don.

Don, who governs the 24 referees chosen for a near full-time role, will be asked to guarantee that 'off-form' officials will be dropped.

An independent body has also been formed to judge performance levels to replace the outdated system where assessments are left in the hands of refereeing departments at the Premier League and Football League.

Chief executives Adam Crozier (FA), Richard Scudamore (Premier League) and David Burns (Football League) will sit on the panel which will accept input from managers and players.

All will put pressure on Don's Professional Game Match Officials Board to improve performances from referees earning up to £66,000 a year in return for meetings at fortnightly training camps.

League Managers Association boss John Barnwell said last night: 'We've pushed all along for an independent body to judge referees. I've never thought it was right to have referees adjudicating on themselves.

'If a manager has a genuine complaint we would expect the matter to be pursued with some vigour.

'That means that if a referee is found to be inconsistent we would expect him to be suspended in the same way that a player is dropped and told to get his form back.'
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 am

John Barnwell ? I remember him managing Wolves back in the 70's ; how bloody old is he now ? He must be about 140
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby ian494 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 am

Justified logic wrote:From the Daily Mail, this addresses some of the concerns...

Premiership managers will today demand the removal of inconsistent referees at a London summit session with Philip Don.

Don, who governs the 24 referees chosen for a near full-time role, will be asked to guarantee that 'off-form' officials will be dropped.

An independent body has also been formed to judge performance levels to replace the outdated system where assessments are left in the hands of refereeing departments at the Premier League and Football League.

Chief executives Adam Crozier (FA), Richard Scudamore (Premier League) and David Burns (Football League) will sit on the panel which will accept input from managers and players.

All will put pressure on Don's Professional Game Match Officials Board to improve performances from referees earning up to £66,000 a year in return for meetings at fortnightly training camps.

League Managers Association boss John Barnwell said last night: 'We've pushed all along for an independent body to judge referees. I've never thought it was right to have referees adjudicating on themselves.

'If a manager has a genuine complaint we would expect the matter to be pursued with some vigour.

'That means that if a referee is found to be inconsistent we would expect him to be suspended in the same way that a player is dropped and told to get his form back.'

Adam crozier left the FA in 2002
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:15 pm

ian494 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:From the Daily Mail, this addresses some of the concerns...

Adam crozier left the FA in 2002

Which just goes to show that these issues with referees will never get resolved.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Burt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:08 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:John Barnwell ? I remember him managing Wolves back in the 70's ; how bloody old is he now ? He must be about 140

Just googled and he is 80 in December fuckinell!!?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:07 pm

The PFA should also have a role here it's members trying to end players careers. Gordon Taylor the mute.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:28 pm

We need Simon Beck to be thrown out, outrageous and wrong decisions over many seasons, I believe he is corrupt, but that's probably harder to prove than his incompetence.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:46 am

Plain Speaking wrote:

We need Simon Beck to be thrown out, outrageous and wrong decisions over many seasons, I believe he is corrupt, but that's probably harder to prove than his incompetence.

Simon Beck back in the spotlight again Palace v Newcastle. Gives penalty to Palace when Benteke is not even claiming one, (Benteke first thought he was being penalised himself).

Both sides were holding and grabbing shirts, in the penalty area, throughout the game.

We need decent, competent, consistent officials in the game and Beck just isn't up to standard.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 am

We've asked for a meeting about the referees and fouls we've been receiving apparently.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... protection

Manchester City have written to Mike Riley, head of professional referees organisation PGMOL, to request a meeting regarding some of the tackles their players have suffered in recent weeks.

City are unhappy with a series of challenges opponents have made on their players, some of which have resulted in injury.

Leroy Sane is currently recovering from the ankle injury he sustained as a result of a Joe Bennett challenge during City's FA Cup win against Cardiff in January.

Bennett only received a yellow card for the late tackle, although he was later sent off after receiving a second booking for a separate incident.

Furthermore, Phil Foden only returned to training this week after suffering an injury during a match against Leicester in December.

Pep Guardiola has called for protection for players from referees. As well as the injuries to Sane and Foden, City have pointed to tackles on Kevin De Bruyne, Brahim Diaz and Ilkay Gundogan - none of which resulted in red cards - which they felt to be excessive.

As well as airing their grievances, City also want to discuss retrospective punishment for tackles that are felt to have been incorrectly dealt with on the pitch.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

Nightmare from the Past: Referee appointed for FC Basel vs. Manchester City
By City Watch Posted on February 12, 2018

Manchester City fans may have flashbacks to 2014 and a Martin Demichelis red card with news that Swedish referee Jonas Eriksson has been placed in charge of tomorrow’s Champions League tie against FC Basel.

City will face the Swiss champions in the first-leg of their Round of 16 draw, and it will be 43-year-old Eriksson with the whistle for his third Man City game.

The Blues have yet to win when Eriksson has had the whistle, with his first appointment coming all the way back in 2011 and the club’s introduction to the Champions League, a 1-1 draw against Napoli in which he handed out 5 yellow cards (only 1 to City).

More recently and vivid in the mind is the Round of 16 first-leg against Barcelona at the Etihad in 2016, when the game was finely poised at 0-0 before Eriksson sent off Demichelis for a challenge that was outside the box – but a penalty was given. Lionel Messi stepped up, scored, and City went on to lose 2-0.

Eriksson’s most recent Basel appointment was their shock 1-0 win over Liverpool in October 2014.

Pep Guardiola will hope for a much better result than Eriksson’s previous in charge of City when his team visit St. Jakob-Park tomorrow.

Full list of appointments for FC Basel vs. Manchester City:

Referee: Jonas Eriksson (SWE)
Assistant referees: Mathias Klasenius (SWE), Daniel Wärnmark (SWE)
Additional assistant referees: Andreas Ekberg (SWE), Stefan Johannesson (SWE)
Fourth official: Mehmet Culum (SWE)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am

johnny crossan wrote:Nightmare from the Past: Referee appointed for FC Basel vs. Manchester City

Manchester City fans may have flashbacks to 2014 and a Martin Demichelis red card with news that Swedish referee Jonas Eriksson has been placed in charge of tomorrow’s Champions League tie against FC Basel.

City will face the Swiss champions in the first-leg of their Round of 16 draw, and it will be 43-year-old Eriksson with the whistle for his third Man City game.

The Blues have yet to win when Eriksson has had the whistle, with his first appointment coming all the way back in 2011 and the club’s introduction to the Champions League, a 1-1 draw against Napoli in which he handed out 5 yellow cards (only 1 to City).

More recently and vivid in the mind is the Round of 16 first-leg against Barcelona at the Etihad in 2016, when the game was finely poised at 0-0 before Eriksson sent off Demichelis for a challenge that was outside the box – but a penalty was given. Lionel Messi stepped up, scored, and City went on to lose 2-0.

Eriksson’s most recent Basel appointment was their shock 1-0 win over Liverpool in October 2014.

Pep Guardiola will hope for a much better result than Eriksson’s previous in charge of City when his team visit St. Jakob-Park tomorrow.

EUFA hate is and will transmit that hatred to the CL refs - there’s no fucking way we are ever going to be allowed to win 1 nil against anyone so we have to take our chances and score 2 or 3 against anyone we play against .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Nightmare from the Past: Referee appointed for FC Basel vs. Manchester City

UEFA hate us and will transmit that hatred to the CL refs - there’s no fucking way we are ever going to be allowed to win 1 nil against anyone so we have to take our chances and score 2 or 3 against anyone we play against .

Yes, i suppose, according to our friends in the US political scene, the problem is exacerbated by the fact that the Swiss speak Swedish !

I'm more worried about the pitch though tomorrow. It was a bit ragged ( no pun intended ) when the rags played there in November and the grass doesn't grow too well here until early spring. Basel are just coming off a long rest, but i thing the Week we had free has probably done the squad good. Certainly the fitness levels should be higher. So, expect a bit off an unlevel playing field - especially with this pratt of a ref.

It's been snowing today all over the place but should be quite warm ,dry and sunny tomorrow during the day. which always helps, but it is quite cold at nights at the moment.

Now about those two beers Carl ----- Wembley?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum