****City v Leicester Official Match Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Leicester Official Match Thread****

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 am

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:I think we should close this forum. How dare people point out of someone isn’t having a good game TO THEIR STANDARDS AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME IN THE MATCH.

We should all join a forum called RAWK or RedCafe and live in the past?[/quote

Spot on Mase - it’s called a match thread whereby opinions are pointed out in the moment .

I’ll point to you Doug - always a smarmy cunt who never posts in the match thread but comes on afterwords with your smarmy opinions belittling fans who vent their feelings during the match.You do this time and and again.

I don’t understand it. Aguero has set such high standards that of course if he keeps giving the ball away or running in to players people should mention it.

Imagine half time Pep just says to him “Hey Serg you’ve given the ball away a lot, but remember you scored that goal against QPR so it doesn’t really matter. Keep it up!”

Of course he’ll point out to Sergio that he’s been poor. And it’s OK for fans to do that as well!

Excellent post. The match thread is a live, evolving commentary as the game happens. Emotions are involved and there is no place for smarmy after the fact comments.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Chinners » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am

Personally I have no problem people pointing out any player in the match thread for not doing stuff, but the 'we should get rid' or 'he's lost 2 yards of pace etc, can't score etc etc stuff about Aguero is risible in the extream (and it often appears in non-match threads lately as well). As I've said thou it's not really a problem because his main job is to score goals for the team, something he does time and time again. All points of view at the end of the day mind.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:I think we should close this forum. How dare people point out of someone isn’t having a good game TO THEIR STANDARDS AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME IN THE MATCH.

We should all join a forum called RAWK or RedCafe and live in the past?[/quote

Spot on Mase - it’s called a match thread whereby opinions are pointed out in the moment .

I’ll point to you Doug - always a smarmy cunt who never posts in the match thread but comes on afterwords with your smarmy opinions belittling fans who vent their feelings during the match.You do this time and and again.

I don’t understand it. Aguero has set such high standards that of course if he keeps giving the ball away or running in to players people should mention it.

Imagine half time Pep just says to him “Hey Serg you’ve given the ball away a lot, but remember you scored that goal against QPR so it doesn’t really matter. Keep it up!”

Of course he’ll point out to Sergio that he’s been poor. And it’s OK for fans to do that as well!

Excellent post. The match thread is a live, evolving commentary as the game happens. Emotions are involved and there is no place for smarmy after the fact comments.

Anyone with half a brain understands what you have just posted .
Doug doesn’t get it though ......which answers a lot.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 pm

[quote="Chinners"]Personally I have no problem people pointing out any player in the match thread for not doing stuff, but the 'we should get rid' or 'he's lost 2 yards of pace etc, can't score etc etc stuff about Aguero is risible in the extream (and it often appears in non-match threads lately as well). As I've said thou it's not really a problem because his main job is to score goals for the team, something he does time and time again. All points of view at the end of the day mind.[/quote

Fans are more composed with their opinions after the matches but during the match anything goes.

That’s what passion is all about .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Chinners wrote:Personally I have no problem people pointing out any player in the match thread for not doing stuff, but the 'we should get rid' or 'he's lost 2 yards of pace etc, can't score etc etc stuff about Aguero is risible in the extream (and it often appears in non-match threads lately as well). As I've said thou it's not really a problem because his main job is to score goals for the team, something he does time and time again. All points of view at the end of the day mind.[/quote

Fans are more composed with their opinions after the matches but during the match anything goes.

It’s all true Carl and it’s what makes the game seem more real and personal, for me anyway, not being there and hearing the banter first hand.
For the likes of Doug and anyone else at the game, though I think it’s probably a bit much expecting him/them to be texting and watching at the same time.
Even myself, safely ensconced on my comfie sofa, try to leave the phone alone until halftime so I can properly concentrate on the game, but it’s hard not to comment when something major happens.

I agree with Chinners. I know it’s knee jerk during the game, but quite often we get totally over the top summations of players and their place in future teams/squads.

I don’t have a problem with any of it really.
It adds to the match day experience, as I said.

I do think people at the games get a very different perspective though. Opinion at a game can quite often differ considerably from what’s offered to us on TV.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Some people like to vent, some people like to consider. its a fact of life.

Listening to some fukker harp on about the same thing constantly is the annoying bit, like they have an agenda and the carping is just
the opportunity to push it again, and again, and again.

Some posters venting is comedy and i for one wouldn't want that to stop. think Carl

So i suppose it is the way you tell um.

It is the posters with fuclin zero % style that are boring and very quickly get annoying... think Phips
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Indeed, it's the boards rich tapestry ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Had a bad feeling about yesterday's game, but there was no need. Maybe my favourite win of the season after all the anti City stuff they spouted on CMs thread. Great to see Razza in there so early in the game.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Chinners wrote:Personally I have no problem people pointing out any player in the match thread for not doing stuff, but the 'we should get rid' or 'he's lost 2 yards of pace etc, can't score etc etc stuff about Aguero is risible in the extream (and it often appears in non-match threads lately as well). As I've said thou it's not really a problem because his main job is to score goals for the team, something he does time and time again. All points of view at the end of the day mind.[/quote

It’s all true Carl and it’s what makes the game seem more real and personal, for me anyway, not being there and hearing the banter first hand.
For the likes of Doug and anyone else at the game, though I think it’s probably a bit much expecting him/them to be texting and watching at the same time.
Even myself, safely ensconced on my comfie sofa, try to leave the phone alone until halftime so I can properly concentrate on the game, but it’s hard not to comment when something major happens.

I agree with Chinners. I know it’s knee jerk during the game, but quite often we get totally over the top summations of players and their place in future teams/squads.

I don’t have a problem with any of it really.
It adds to the match day experience, as I said.

I do think people at the games get a very different perspective though. Opinion at a game can quite often differ considerably from what’s offered to us on TV.

I had my season ticket for 20 years mate and still vented the same at the match as I do in the matchday thread at half time, sitting in the car waiting for traffic to die down.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but our win yesterday pretty much guarantees us European football next season. 7th placed Burnley now can't catch us, and so the only way we'd fail to qualify is if Arsenal beat us in the League Cup final but finish outside the Top 6, and the FA Cup is also won by a team that finishes outside the Top 6, and we somehow collapsed so badly (and the teams below us likewise improve so impressively) that we end up finishing 6th. Even then, games still to play between other teams might make such a scenario impossible.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but our win yesterday pretty much guarantees us European football next season. 7th placed Burnley now can't catch us, and so the only way we'd fail to qualify is if Arsenal beat us in the League Cup final but finish outside the Top 6, and the FA Cup is also won by a team that finishes outside the Top 6, and we somehow collapsed so badly (and the teams below us likewise improve so impressively) that we end up finishing 6th. Even then, games still to play between other teams might make such a scenario impossible.

Thanks for reminding us, should help with the summer holiday planning schedule.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but our win yesterday pretty much guarantees us European football next season. 7th placed Burnley now can't catch us, and so the only way we'd fail to qualify is if Arsenal beat us in the League Cup final but finish outside the Top 6, and the FA Cup is also won by a team that finishes outside the Top 6, and we somehow collapsed so badly (and the teams below us likewise improve so impressively) that we end up finishing 6th. Even then, games still to play between other teams might make such a scenario impossible.

Thanks for reminding us, should help with the summer holiday planning schedule.

Pmsl
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You and Mase work so hard to justify your behaviours. One day you'll get acceptance. One day.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You and Mase work so hard to justify your behaviours. One day you'll get acceptance. One day.

Maybe one day the “special teacher” will take your pointed hat off you and you can go back to your seat at the front of the spastic class .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:46 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What behaviour is that?

You mean the acceptance where three people have just agreed with me?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum