The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm

72 - 56 =
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby s1ty m » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:21 pm

sheblue wrote:72 - 56 =

+1.

Goal difference. Worth a point.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby frankswift » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm

From the BBC website:

"Anon: Aguero alone scores in one weekend what Manchester United players collectively scored in 3 weekends Just shows the difference in the quality of players in both the Manchester clubs. At this rate, Manchester United have a long way to go."

Does a chorus of "Singing The Blues" count when have to wait an extra day for the rags to get beaten?
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm

I think we need to be objective here, the rags are not crap. Mourinho has built a very competent side based on his experience of the Premier League. Under normal circumstances, and despite today’s result, they would go on to win the league, especially as their physicality would tell in the final third of the season.

His problem is that Pep works to an entirely different paradigm: Pep is aiming not for a good Premier League side, but for the best team he can create with today’s players. Pep’s standard is a great international team, or even better than that, given that he is not constrained in his selections by nationality.

I expect us to win the league by a margin of 17/8 points and rags to finish a 'worthy' second.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 pm

s1ty m wrote:

+1.

Remember all that bollox last week after we dropped and they gained some points? What they fail to say is that only 3 games back the points gap was 12, now it's 16. That's 2 losses and a win for them, 2 wins and a draw for us.

Mind the gap Raggies.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby AG7 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:31 pm

frankswift wrote:From the BBC website:

"Anon: Aguero alone scores in one weekend what Manchester United players collectively scored in 3 weekends Just shows the difference in the quality of players in both the Manchester clubs. At this rate, Manchester United have a long way to go."

Does a chorus of "Singing The Blues" count when have to wait an extra day for the rags to get beaten?

To be fair, he scored them in one half alone ... :D
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby city72 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm

s1ty m wrote:

+1.

If we have to start looking at goal difference we will have shit it worse than newcastle 96
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
failsworthblue wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-mat ... ed.436488/

i like the observation.”Made John-jo look like Pirlo”
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Hate to say but I'll be cheering on the Dippers and Chavs for the remainder of games this weekend.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think we need to be objective here, the rags are not crap. Mourinho has built a very competent side based on his experience of the Premier League. Under normal circumstances, and despite today’s result, they would go on to win the league, especially as their physicality would tell in the final third of the season.

His problem is that Pep works to an entirely different paradigm: Pep is aiming not for a good Premier League side, but for the best team he can create with today’s players. Pep’s standard is a great international team, or even better than that, given that he is not constrained in his selections by nationality.

I expect us to win the league by a margin of 17/8 points and rags to finish a 'worthy' second.

True enough they are not crap, (well only on comparison to us).
But what probably is true is that they are the sort of team Fat Sam would have if he had the same level of funding.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

"I would love it if we beat them , love it ! " Kevin Keegan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think we need to be objective here, the rags are not crap. Mourinho has built a very competent side based on his experience of the Premier League. Under normal circumstances, and despite today’s result, they would go on to win the league, especially as their physicality would tell in the final third of the season.

let’s see where the rags finish eh ? They have had a lot of things going for them. They are not as good as their league position suggests.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm

in the Daily Fail.. Souness BLASTS Pogba: 'He plays like a schoolboy running around in the playground...

So finally they have started to notice... he doesn't actually know what to do.

I hope the press start to pile pressure on now as a flop, he is the type that will get wound up by it, looks a fuclin mardarse to me.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Hate to say but I'll be cheering on the Dippers and Chavs for the remainder of games this weekend.

I’ll go with you on the Chavs Beefy Mate , But I Cant on the Candlemakers . Hope their reserve team wallop em
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:48 pm

If Mourinho were an organ grinder (wholly appropriate profession for the manager of a side that unashamedly sets their stall out to 'grind' out results), the monkey (let's give him a name such as Pep, for instance) would remain, sitting immovably on his back.

He must go to bed and have nightmares about Pep every night, either that, or he cannot sleep but, instead of counting sheep, he counts the number of points the SCUM are adrift of us, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Worthy Second?
Perhaps. Personally I hope they are caught by Liverpool Chelsea and Spuds.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Worthy Second?
Perhaps. Personally I hope they are caught by Liverpool Chelsea and Spuds.

Still, any other season they would still be in the race (with last season as a possible exception).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:If Mourinho were an organ grinder (wholly appropriate profession for the manager of a side that unashamedly sets their stall out to 'grind' out results), the monkey (let's give him a name such as Pep, for instance) would remain, sitting immovably on his back.

He must go to bed and have nightmares about Pep every night, either that, or he cannot sleep but, instead of counting sheep, he counts the number of points the SCUM are adrift of us, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant ! The fcuking Organ grinder ! nice analogy. Is he plugging the cork back in his Monkey ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm

All joking aside :lol:

We have broken them.

They are trying to play catch up at any cost , Maureen was the their perceived " Golden Ticket" and Oops look at what has happened , throwing money around like a drunken sailor in a brothel.

We are so much better in every way and we are not stopping , Pep will be here for another 5yrs and the plan for his replacement is already being thought of.

Humility is a great trait and one we should be proud off , we are going to need it in the next few years.

What a time to be a Blue.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Chinners » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:58 pm

I expect them to spawn their way to 4th place
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum