Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Bear60 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Should have said he was a joke manager for a short space of time

Joke of a commentator as well.

He also should have said he's a horrible rat faced rag bastard . Lol
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Scatman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 am

Who is Andy Hampson?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Why are we being peddled this every week?

I find it hard to believe these people simply don't understand football to such a degree.

If they do, they shouldn't be sports writers. If they don't... well, they shouldn't be sports writers.

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-r ... t-12009750
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 am

On a positive note my old mother said on Sunday morning - "That United lot are playing today aren't they?. The commentators (sic) don't seem to talk about them so much these days"

:D :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Salah is having a good season, not really a surprise that a journalist on some paper will put his case forward (he did complement and state the obvious that KDB & Kane are 'rightly' frontrunners). My neighbour said something similar about not hearing ManYoo in her radio as much lately .., she listens to ClassicFM FFS!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Chinners wrote:Salah is having a good season, not really a surprise that a journalist on some paper will put his case forward (he did complement and state the obvious that KDB & Kane are 'rightly' frontrunners). My neighbour said something similar about not hearing ManYoo in her radio as much lately .., she listens to ClassicFM FFS!

The cunts got everywhere.

I'm just made up we are always on MOTD first. Now back in the day............................................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Chinners wrote:Salah is having a good season, not really a surprise that a journalist on some paper will put his case forward (he did complement and state the obvious that KDB & Kane are 'rightly' frontrunners). My neighbour said something similar about not hearing ManYoo in her radio as much lately .., she listens to ClassicFM FFS!

The cunts got everywhere.

I'm just made up we are always on MOTD first. Now back in the day............................................

It is great, isn’t it.
You can just watch ours and then turn it off.
You don’t have to suffer the dross beforehand.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Not gonna post a link but our friend collybore has posted an article in the mirror saying who his POTS is...

Spoiler - it's KDB

Has he finally seen the light?
Last edited by london blue 2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Not gonna post a link but put friend collybore has posted an article in the mirror saying who his POTS is...

Spoiler - it's KDB

Only because the thick cunt can't spell Salah!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Not gonna post a link but put friend collybore has posted an article in the mirror saying who his POTS is...

Spoiler - it's KDB

Only because the thick cunt can't spell Salah!

Not sure he can spell KDB to be honest. :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Spoiler - it's KDB

Fuck him and his degenerate opinions. It tells you all you need to know about the media in this country that that cunt's opinions get a platform. He should stick to masturbating in public carparks.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 pm

The power of the media never ceases to amaze me...

Nipped in the boozer to watch the Leicester game and got chatting to a dipper. Nice chap, pretty level headed etc.

Until he said they have the most potent attack in the league. Of course, I pulled him up on it and he re-worded his argument... "I meant our front 3, mane, salah and firminho".

Again, I pulled him up on it and he was convinced he was right. "It's all over the papers and sky are constantly highlighting the three of them as the best. It's pretty obvious".

I just told him to check the goals for sterling, aguero and sane vs his 3, which he proceeded to do.

"Well fuck me, you're right. Your 3 have scored 5 more goals between them".

I don't blame him, the way they're portrayed in the media you would think no attack comes a close second, let alone beats them convincingly.
Even before coutinho left it was all "fab four" bullshit.

Add kdb or even jesus as our 4th and we still shit all over them.

It's all there in black and white. But, ssshhh, don't let anyone know.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:The power of the media never ceases to amaze me...

Nipped in the boozer to watch the Leicester game and got chatting to a dipper. Nice chap, pretty level headed etc.

Until he said they have the most potent attack in the league. Of course, I pulled him up on it and he re-worded his argument... "I meant our front 3, mane, salah and firminho".

Again, I pulled him up on it and he was convinced he was right. "It's all over the papers and sky are constantly highlighting the three of them as the best. It's pretty obvious".

I just told him to check the goals for sterling, aguero and sane vs his 3, which he proceeded to do.

"Well fuck me, you're right. Your 3 have scored 5 more goals between them".

I don't blame him, the way they're portrayed in the media you would think no attack comes a close second, let alone beats them convincingly.
Even before coutinho left it was all "fab four" bullshit.

Add kdb or even jesus as our 4th and we still shit all over them.

It's all there in black and white. But, ssshhh, don't let anyone know.

It shows how far off the Rags front 3 are that they have to drop down to the Dippers. Just imagine if they were close, even stats wouldn't prove we were in front.

Cherry picking to keep their Fab Four in the limelight, it will take a while to change mentality. Either that or more Blues paying for their services.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

No City preview but double billing for Spurs on the BBC Champs League Page....par for the course

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:No City preview but double billing for Spurs on the BBC Champs League Page....par for the course

??? There is when I c lick on there .... mind it might have just been added, it is a live feed afterall
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Justified logic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Chinners wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:No City preview but double billing for Spurs on the BBC Champs League Page....par for the course

??? There is when I c lick on there .... mind it might have just been added, it is a live feed afterall

The Juventus v Spurs match on 5 live, Coming up on 5 live sports extra on 5 live sports extra :roll:

I understand that Spurs opponents are more of a challenge. At least talkspurt are covering both.
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Chinners wrote:

When I click, it's there for both teams and when you scroll down it is showing the group tables, headed by the Rags, just because they were in group A. What that has to do with anything though is beyond me, what have the groups got to do with it now?

Just the usual Rag'ophants, no change there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am

what's all this then?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image

what's all this then?

Firstly, and most importantly, following today’s events at Liverpool Crown Court, Manchester City FC offers its heartfelt sympathy to all victims for the unimaginably traumatic experiences they have endured.
No one can remove their suffering or that of others who suffered sexual abuse as children as a result of their involvement with football. All victims were entitled to expect full protection from the kind of harm they endured.

In November 2016, Manchester City Football Club initiated a comprehensive QC led review to:

1. Understand whether, and if so how, it was used by Barry Bennell to facilitate alleged sexual abuse of children

2. Discover all indications – if any - and associated evidence as to any use of the Club by any other individual at any point from 1965 to the present day to facilitate alleged sexual abuse of children.

3. Review the Club’s current and future safeguarding procedures and protocols against global best practice benchmarks notwithstanding the fact that the Club has been compliant with and operating at the required levels of safeguarding standards since their introduction across English football in the early 2000s.

The Review Team has engaged closely and transparently with police investigators and the football authorities throughout the past 15 months. A considerable volume of work has taken place and support workers have been made available for all potentially vulnerable individuals that have been spoken to. Manchester City FC is extremely grateful to all those who have participated in the review so far.

Whilst Manchester City FC is restricted as to what it can make public at present, the Club can confirm that to date, the Review Team has identified serious allegations of child sex abuse in respect of two identifiable individuals with potential historic connections to Manchester City. One of these individuals is Barry Bennell. The other, although now deceased, cannot currently be named due to a connected ongoing legal investigation. He is not believed to be linked to Bennell.

In addition to these individuals, the team continues to exhaustively examine a number of reports of historic anomalous behaviours, no matter the level of gravity and strength of potential connection to Manchester City, over a period spanning more than 50 years. Again, the Club is, at present, unable to name or give specific detail surrounding any such reports due to ongoing legal investigation but remains in regular dialogue with the FA Review Team and the Police.

The Club remains fully focused on completing its review to the highest standard possible. It is expected that further information which will assist in the completion of the Review will become available as related legal proceedings conclude, after which a more comprehensive public position can and will be set out.

Manchester City and the Review Team remain keen to speak to any survivor of, or witness to sexual abuse which might in any way be connected to Manchester City or which could support the ongoing enquiry. Anyone wishing to contact the Club with such information can do so by contacting safeatcity@cityfootball.com. All such approaches will be treated with the utmost sensitivity and discretion.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Talkspurt's love of speculation has led them to headline their conclusion that only Liverpool can stop City winning the Chumps League.

:lol:
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum