Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm

phips wrote:stupid question, im sure, but wtf does the fourth official do besides preside over the substitutions and hold up the added time board?
i know they're the backup in case one of the 3 officials gets injured but can the 4th make any calls or anything?

They can advise the ref. See Walker's sending off against Everton as an example, camera catches Oliver (4th official) speaking into his mic just before Madley shows the second yellow.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:stupid question, im sure, but wtf does the fourth official do besides preside over the substitutions and hold up the added time board?
i know they're the backup in case one of the 3 officials gets injured but can the 4th make any calls or anything?

They can advise the ref. See Walker's sending off against Everton as an example, camera catches Oliver (4th official) speaking into his mic just before Madley shows the second yellow.

They might also be able to stop the Manager's leaving their technical areas and fighting with each other, especially over contentious refereeing 'decisions'. :shock: :shock:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Chinners wrote:Not too bad, we've only lost 2 of the 12 games when he's been ref, mind 1 was the FA Cup semi final v Arsenal

He and his little helpers finessed us out of that game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Now about the bent rag Mr Anthony Taylor............................is there really anything else which needs to be said?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Now about the bent rag Mr Anthony Taylor............................is there really anything else which needs to be said?

You’re not allowed to say anything negative JC. How fuckin dare you!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 pm

I was giving out about Taylor all night and not because of the obvious red card decision.
I’ve noticed this before and it’s very subtle.
Please tell me others have noticed too and I’m not going into tinfoil hat territory.

He constantly positioned himself between the pass inside from the wing to the inside left or right position. On quite a few occasions it stopped the chance of quick possession or a shot. It stopped players taking it in front of them in their stride.

I found this far more disruptive to our normal cohesion. We were still shite but couple that with the state of the pitch and it all adds up to a result like tonight.

I just thought we couldn’t get any speed into our break and Sane going off didn’t help this, but definitely the ref helped slow things down.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Cunt, directed by cunts! But what can you do when the powers that be set the game before it even starts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I was giving out about Taylor all night and not because of the obvious red card decision.
Please tell me others have noticed too and I’m not going into tinfoil hat territory.

He constantly positioned himself between the pass inside from the wing to the inside left or right position. On quite a few occasions it stopped the chance of quick possession or a shot. It stopped players taking it in front of them in their stride.

I found this far more disruptive to our normal cohesion. We were still shite but couple that with the state of the pitch and it all adds up to a result like tonight.

I just thought we couldn’t get any speed into our break and Sane going off didn’t help this, but definitely the ref helped slow things down.

Yep. He does seem to get in the way a lot which stopped at least two potential shots getting off and a couple more through balls that I can recall. Surely it's not deliberate......
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I was giving out about Taylor all night and not because of the obvious red card decision.

Yep. He does seem to get in the way a lot which stopped at least two potential shots getting off and a couple more through balls that I can recall. Surely it's not deliberate......

And it wasn’t just tonight either.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He usually pissed me off with his breaking up of games, slowing our play up on freekicks and then allowing the oppo to set themselves up.

He's a yes man, only allowed to ref the Rags and us because he goes the line for his masters. This may sound like paranoid waffle but what else could the answer he?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I agree.

Also, it is pretty darn worrying when the reason behind him writing his name on the yellow and switching to a red gets blasted everywhere before the second half starts .

Could easily have sent Elder off too !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BookJunior » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

A pretty innocuous looking tackle from Delph and completely bent refereeing. This is the kind of fixture that makes me feel like there's an establishment agenda against us.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:59 am

BookJunior wrote:A pretty innocuous looking tackle from Delph and completely bent refereeing. This is the kind of fixture that makes me feel like there's an establishment agenda against us.

Ref was either:
Incompetent: Pulled out a yellow card, wrote the name of the player on the back, didn't realize he meant to get a red out
Weak: Convinced by a bunch of moaning Wigwams that it should be worse than the yellow he had retrieved and was swayed
Or Bent: No explanation needed here.

Either way, would we really want a man like that employed as a ref? Shouldn't his yellow and red both be accompanied by a P45?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 am

At kick off he was writing his notes on the back of the yellow card. Not sure if that has anything to do with the fact he wrote delph on there before showing red. Seemed strange.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:17 am

Anybody notice his positions when we attack, he is close to the players gets in the way, This cute cunt IMHO knows full well what he is doing. The Red card I think is his little in joke. Fuck you I am rag what you going to do.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:19 am

An explanation would be nice, not that it will happen.

Perhaps if it did it would stop the accusations of corruption and what not, it might even see the public begin to sympathise with refs but as it is, with this lack of transparency, we're obviously going to have all sorts of theories thrown around.

Aside from that incident, the officiating in general was poor, little things like wrongs calls on throw ins and niggly fouls being ignored. The funniest decision was awarding a free kick for a high foot from Sane in the first half when his foot wasn't even at knee height, crowd screamed and Taylor obliged, weak as always.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 pm

I watched the sending off and thought it was exactly the same as the tackle on Aguero in the third minute. Both clearly take the ball with their leading foot and the man with their trailing leg. Both unintentional, both under control and nothing malicious. One is a free kick and no card, the other somehow a red card. I think that is a neat summary of his "performance" in the match.

I genuinely think we should appeal it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Anybody notice his positions when we attack, he is close to the players gets in the way, This cute cunt IMHO knows full well what he is doing. The Red card I think is his little in joke. Fuck you I am rag what you going to do.

Exactly what I was on about above.
Particularly first half when Sane was on the left.
It's like he was purposely standing between him and silva/gundo at times knowing that the quick one two is what we do, commiting the dedender and Sane then goes outside him.
It was infuriating. I know he's part of play and will dummy a ball if it is passed through him, but the pass is much less likely to be given if you are not in the line of vision with your team mate.

the longer it went on, the more convinced I was that it was quite deliberate.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby cartesr » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Im glad this refs getting in the way issue has been mentioned its something I started noticing in one of our early chumps league game. Since then Ive seen it in almost every game that we have been involved in. To be fair I have witnessed in other games as well. However it does seem to happen a lot in our games. im sure some of it is down to some of the speed and inventiveness of passes made, however football is changing all the time with the amount of passes made and the route of those passes refs to need to adapt as well...because its s*dding irritating!
cartesr
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 pm

I thought the rules had changed where players cannot crowd the ref??
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum