Nevilles Comments

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nevilles Comments

Postby Bear60 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Slating Arsenal and Chelsea's performance against us does anyone else think he is desperate for someone to beat us or is he justified with the things he said to be fair to him he did praise us for the football we are playing
Last edited by Bear60 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Nevilles Comments

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm

I've been thinking along the same lines myself. At the wembley game there was no talk of Arsenal being so poor. I thought the first half was quite even and then we really clicked for the first 20 min of the second half. I was amazed when I watched it through on the telly. My take was that he was trying to motivate Arsenal to perform much better in the league game and dilute the credit we were due for winning the Cup. I havent heard his comments yet about Chelsea but I did think they really lacked ambition.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Echos of Shearer's comments on MOTD2. Saying that he's never before seen teams give up (before playing City) so often this year. Said that teams would never give up before the games started vs the rags or arse over the past decades. WHAT A LOAD OF HORSESHIT

Imagine if 1/2 the managers in the prem were ex-City players who gave away 6 points every year to us. Because that's what happened with slur alex for decades. No one would try to beat them, and now they're saying it's a new problem with the game since we're on top? Get the fuck out of here
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Neville cannot help himself. He is a Rag through and through. It is in his DNA. He is probably trying to be objective but it is impossible for him.

If the Rags beat Ars and Chavs like we did, would the focus be on how bad the opposition was or on how great the Rags were?
Neville would be telling us that England will will the World Cup because just look how the academy products of Rashord, Lingard, Smalling, et al. blew away two class teams.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:18 pm

If you ask me he’s having serious difficulty coming to terms with how much better we are than the would be challengers.

He probably thought he’d never see the day City were running away with the league and the Rags were playing such a monotonous style of football.

He’s quiet rightly praising City he couldn’t not but his comments on Arsenal and Chelsea are born out of frustration with just how good we are.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:31 pm

The acid test will be his comments on the derby game (assuming we perform as we should).

As for Shearer's comments, if other teams don't even try to compete against us because we are so good, and this is new for the PL, doesn't that make us the best team there has ever been in the PL?
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:44 pm

To be honest they were disgraceful. My chav mates are embarrassed as I would be.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:48 pm

london blue 2 wrote:To be honest they were disgraceful. My chav mates are embarrassed as I would be.

Same in work today. My mate just didn’t know what to make of it.
It was totally bizarre tactics. You can argue it was working up until the goal, but after it, it just made no sense.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:To be honest they were disgraceful. My chav mates are embarrassed as I would be.

It was totally bizarre tactics. You can argue it was working up until the goal, but after it, it just made no sense.

That clip of fabregas walking looks like match fixing. Imagine seeing that in a foreign league.

london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Seem to remember a good few years back Mick McCarthy when in charge of I think Wolves it was, played a virtual reserve team for a fixture at the rags. It drew widespread criticism and the FA in their stupidity tried to impose sanctions until it was pointed out to them that a team had been selected from the squad of 25 which was approved by the FA at the start of the season.

Does beg the question of why, if Chelsea and Arsenal knew they would be so negative and show little to zero interest in trying to play football, did they play first team players who could've got injured or suspended?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:29 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

That clip of fabregas walking looks like match fixing. Imagine seeing that in a foreign league.

There was a clip Gary Neville showed last week. He was banging on and on and on about the Arsenal players walking. What he failed to say though was KDB was in the middle of them......... walking.
South Stand Balti

Postby andyk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:46 pm

The reason they are walking is they have been run ragged while we pass them to death. We consistently get 65-85% possession and it kills teams chasing the ball around trying to get it off us. That is the reason we were getting those 'lucky' last minute wins before xmas. Neville is bitter, which is just how I like my rags.
andyk
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:48 pm

I’m glad he’s being obvious with it. Shows some of the people up that licked his arse for being an “amazing commentator”, including City fans.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Seem to remember a good few years back Mick McCarthy when in charge of I think Wolves it was, played a virtual reserve team for a fixture at the rags. It drew widespread criticism and the FA in their stupidity tried to impose sanctions until it was pointed out to them that a team had been selected from the squad of 25 which was approved by the FA at the start of the season.

Does beg the question of why, if Chelsea and Arsenal knew they would be so negative and show little to zero interest in trying to play football, did they play first team players who could've got injured or suspended?

I remember that like it was yesterday...the fuckign cunt.

Id love to hear what that drunken scottish cunt has to say about us now - since his '' never in my life time''comment.

The fuckign red nosed clown.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bear60 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Seem to remember a good few years back Mick McCarthy when in charge of I think Wolves it was, played a virtual reserve team for a fixture at the rags. It drew widespread criticism and the FA in their stupidity tried to impose sanctions until it was pointed out to them that a team had been selected from the squad of 25 which was approved by the FA at the start of the season.

I remember that like it was yesterday...the fuckign cunt.

Id love to hear what that drunken scottish cunt has to say about us now - since his '' never in my life time''comment.

The fuckign red nosed clown.

haha that made me laugh Carl
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Neville is slating the Rags now. I think our success simply has him in meltdown.
South Stand Balti

Postby Bear60 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:02 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Neville is slating the Rags now. I think our success simply has him in meltdown.

Haha yea I just noticed that what a great season this is so far
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 NIL HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:01 am

When he started commentating, Neville seem to be trying to be impartial and neutral.

As time has gone by, Neville has let his true rag allegiance come out. He seems more critical since Pep publicly referred to Neville's comments about our bench not being full, and Pep scathingly mentioned "Neville was a manager... for a short time."

He searches to find fault with the teams we are playing and fails to appreciate brilliant attacking play from ourselves. Carragher and Henry provide more balance and neutrality.

He's also been trying hard to convince the football world that City are one of the dirtiest and most cynical teams around, fully deserving of multiple free kicks, plus yellow and red cards.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:32 pm

I sort of get what he is saying. Some fans won’t like it because it takes the gloss off our performances.

Fact is though; teams really are starting to look beaten before they walk on the Pitch to face us. I don’t think Arsenal were one of those teams, Newcastle, and Chelsea definitely. Arsenal had a go, they are just shit. We have the fear factor about us; teams know if they try and mix it, they are likely to get a good hiding. Conte getting a lot of shit, why though ?,he felt we were in a different class to Chelsea, and opted for damage limitation, nothing wrong with that. Not good for the neutral to watch, still managers don’t want humiliating, understandable in my opinion. Being pragmatic is common sense.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum