All Our Yesterday’s Trophy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

All Our Yesterday’s Trophy

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Rags and dippers 2nd place play off tomorrow, two despicable football clubs playing second fiddle .

Does the winner get the best of the rest trophy or the all our yesterday’s trophy ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: All Our Yesterday’s Trophy

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm

City64 wrote:Rags and dippers 2nd place play off tomorrow, two despicable football clubs playing second fiddle .

Does the winner get the best of the rest trophy or the all our yesterday’s trophy ?

It's the new 1st & 2nd ....Sky will erase everything else from history

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:22 pm

City64 wrote:Rags and dippers 2nd place play off tomorrow, two despicable football clubs playing second fiddle .

Neither.
They just get their way (candle)lit unto dusty death
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:50 pm

This game will be televised to an excited, world-wide audience, waiting to be thrilled, indulged and entertained by the two greatest sides in footballing history......(slight pause having typed that, whilst I go to the toilet to be sick)........

.........OK I'm back (obviously) and just wondering how the two sides will play it. Will the SCUM feel the need to entertain the attentive billions, or will they be in full 'park the bus mode', as this has now become ingrained in their psyche ??

Will Klipperty Klopp the idol of the Kop, feel the need to try and blow the SCUM away in a whirlwind first twenty minutes, or will they play it tighter ??

It was actually postulated, a few days ago, on one of the 'stories' on Yahoo Sports, that 'Mr Gleaming Dentures' had now completely 'solved' Liverpuddle's hitherto defensive problems (it was such an interesting topic that I didn't bother reading it to find out how), so they might be content to rely upon this new defensive solidity to play it more cagily.

All in all, from a 'neutral point of view, it has all the possibilities of being a drab, tedious, overhyped encounter with neither side wanting to lose.

I just hope, amongst all the eulogies being gibberishly supplied and spouted by the commentators, that there are a few red cards, a lot of mindless fouls, a lot of play acting, a lot of referee surroundings, touchline fisticuffs between Klipperty and Moaninho and thoroughly abject conduct by both Clubs, in the wake of a footballing disgrace of a game, to show the watching world, these two despicable teams in their correct light.

In other words, a typical game involving the SCUM.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:27 pm

First is first, and second is nowhere. Famous saying from ex City player Bill Shankly.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:This game will be televised to an excited, world-wide audience, waiting to be thrilled, indulged and entertained by the two greatest sides in footballing history......(slight pause having typed that, whilst I go to the toilet to be sick)........

.........OK I'm back (obviously) and just wondering how the two sides will play it. Will the SCUM feel the need to entertain the attentive billions, or will they be in full 'park the bus mode', as this has now become ingrained in their psyche ??

Will Klipperty Klopp the idol of the Kop, feel the need to try and blow the SCUM away in a whirlwind first twenty minutes, or will they play it tighter ??

It was actually postulated, a few days ago, on one of the 'stories' on Yahoo Sports, that 'Mr Gleaming Dentures' had now completely 'solved' Liverpuddle's hitherto defensive problems (it was such an interesting topic that I didn't bother reading it to find out how), so they might be content to rely upon this new defensive solidity to play it more cagily.

All in all, from a 'neutral point of view, it has all the possibilities of being a drab, tedious, overhyped encounter with neither side wanting to lose.

I just hope, amongst all the eulogies being gibberishly supplied and spouted by the commentators, that there are a few red cards, a lot of mindless fouls, a lot of play acting, a lot of referee surroundings, touchline fisticuffs between Klipperty and Moaninho and thoroughly abject conduct by both Clubs, in the wake of a footballing disgrace of a game, to show the watching world, these two despicable teams in their correct light.

In other words, a typical game involving the SCUM.

Think you're right in saying rags will be in full park bus mode for the game of the century,

I'm just so glad it's the first game of the weekend (especially as we aren't on until Monday night).

A drab scoreless or low score draw is called for with players and managers getting sent off would be nice

I have also learnt that Yahoo is still a thing, who knew.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:13 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:First is first, and second is nowhere. Famous saying from ex City player Bill Shankly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Shankly

Joe Fagan played for City though, mate. Maybe that's who you're thinking of.

These two clubs playing tomorrow are mere also-rans. It's nice.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:16 pm

I really hope for a drab 0-0 and all the watching football fans can see they are both gone
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby budfox » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:24 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:First is first, and second is nowhere. Famous saying from ex City player Bill Shankly.

Similar to "Second is the first loser".
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Great post MC. Cheers for it. Entertaining read.
It's brought some relief to my current footballing boredom. Too long to go Monday night.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Really hit a rag nerve with this somewhere else on social media , they absolutely cant handle it the thick arrogant glory hunting cunts !!! :lol: :lol: 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Klopp apparently can't think of a bigger football match. In the world. Ever.

Clueless, deluded grinning twat
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:Klopp apparently can't think of a bigger football match. In the world. Ever.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Blue In Bolton » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm

They've been getting giddy at work about what a classic it will be at the Theatre of Shite tomorrow. They ended up a bit deflated when I pointed out that it will be a classic boring as fuck 0-0 draw.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby deluded blue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm

This from Pep "United against Liverpool is one of the most exciting games by far. The history from both teams are amazing in the 80s, 90s". He's already saying their time has been and gone.
deluded blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:Klopp apparently can't think of a bigger football match. In the world. Ever.

I feel tight taking the piss out of Klopp. I genuinely think he’s got something wrong with him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Mase wrote:

I feel tight taking the piss out of Klopp. I genuinely think he’s got something wrong with him.

Dont. He has turned into a right bellend since rocking up in dipperland
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby frankswift » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Interesting that the midweek BBC football show concentrated on the rags-dippers match, with Christopher Ecclestone saying that we should forget any other rivalries, this is the match that matters.

Man U vs Liverpool might have been an important game once, but now it's about as relevant as the competition between VHS and Betamax to be the video format of choice.

I suppose that, having played a Time Lord, Mr Ecclestone is better able that most to slip back a couple of decades to the times when Man U were doing well and Liverpool were a force to be reckoned with. And I suppose that, like many rags, his brain is like the TARDIS - it seems a lot larger from the inside.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:04 am

This game is a media fiction to keep the plastics glued to their TV screens. I was in a pub in Manchester when we beat the dippers in the League Cup under Pellegrini. When the dippers scored all the rags jumped up cheering like you wouldn't believe. Spoke volumes. I suppose the hype surrounding the game keeps both clubs relevant in the eyes of the watching hoards but only the gullible will fall for it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dimples » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:06 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Dont. He has turned into a right bellend since rocking up in dipperland

Dipperland has that effect on people. Death eaters of rational thoughts. Sucks that ability out of people.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum