Lawro & DC predictions v Potters (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC predictions v Potters (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Lawro stays true to himself whilst Merson goes bananas!

This week Lawro takes on have Justin Young and Arni Arnason from indie rock band The Vaccines. Singer Justin is a Manchester United fan while bassist Arni follows Tottenham.

Arni says he became a Spurs supporter by "osmosis" when a friend started taking him to games after he moved to London from Iceland.
"I love everything about the Spurs squad but it feels like this season is a little bit on hold," he explained. "I am happy if we stay in the top four but the main thing is that we keep the core of this team together for when we move into our new stadium - then it is going to be incredible."

Justin says he has similar reasons for choosing United.
"My family supported Southampton and I didn't want to support the same team as them," he explained. "I was five, and United were the only other team I had heard of. "I was lucky enough to start following them when their fortunes had just started to turn - I was 11 when they won the treble in 1999.
"I am a big Mourinho fan and I am also a big fan of being back in the top four. City are uncatchable this year and I know United are getting a bit of flak for the way they are playing, but I am enjoying being back in the race and back in the Champions League places. I am optimistic for next year."

typical rag twat, embodies what the glory hunting twats are like for sure!

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43325787

Stoke's problems haven't changed - they drew again last week, and they are still short of goals.
I think they would welcome a point against Manchester City, who hammered them 7-2 in October, but that is not going to happen.
Pep Guardiola's side lost their unbeaten home record against Basel on Wednesday but there is no cause for concern - you get those kind of surprise results in ties when the pressure is off.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2
Justin & Arni's prediction: 0-5

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... outhampton

It's a case of getting this one out of the way for Stoke and move on. I don't mean that horribly, but you don't want to come out of the game on the back of a 5-0 with the confidence shattered. You've got to worry for Stoke - Man City don't have a game for about three weeks. They could go to town.

Stoke have done alright under Paul Lambert, they got a good draw last week but I'm just being realistic, and last week City made Chelsea look extremely average. You look at them, they're fairly sound defensively but they're not hurting anyone up the other end too much. If you're going to play that way, against Manchester City, they're going to break them down at some point.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-4 (9/1 with SkyBet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC predictions v Potters (A)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Good men, hope they're right. Even the rag and the Spud think we will wi big, what is the world coming to?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby charvet_wonderland » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm

That spurs fan probably got some stick after our 3-4 comeback in the cup!
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Didn't know poor Merson had to apply for a job at Carl's plantation :lol:
Getting worse by the day for poor tarquins

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Go DC. Take a 4-0 all day long
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum