Nevilles Comments

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nevilles Comments

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:58 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Conte getting a lot of shit, why though ?,he felt we were in a different class to Chelsea, and opted for damage limitation, nothing wrong with that. Not good for the neutral to watch, still managers don’t want humiliating, understandable in my opinion. Being pragmatic is common sense.

Imagine that Alonso volley went in to make it 1-1. Conte would be lauded as a tactical genius. Fine margins.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:08 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Conte getting a lot of shit, why though ?,he felt we were in a different class to Chelsea, and opted for damage limitation, nothing wrong with that. Not good for the neutral to watch, still managers don’t want humiliating, understandable in my opinion. Being pragmatic is common sense.

Imagine that Alonso volley went in to make it 1-1. Conte would be lauded as a tactical genius. Fine margins.
So true. ;)

Would have been lauded as a tactical master class.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:45 pm

The term 'tactical masterclass' seems to have been redefined recently, and now means playing shite and nearly (but not actually) grabbing a point.

A bit like the comment about Rashford, 'his first touch was almost magical' - so not magical at all then.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:54 pm

I see Football365 have picked up the tactical foul line. They refer to Mourinho making the point but coincidentally it comes just a couple of days after Ratboy highlights it in commentary. Snide cunt.

http://www.football365.com/news/dirty-m ... ad-a-point
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:00 pm

^^^^^^^

has to be one of the stupidest examples of clutching at straws.

It really is , i mean Otto was carded on sunday when the Chelsea player ran into him ! so many of the fouls metered out by City when not in possession of the ball are questionable at least.

Sick of this utter nonsense being written .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 pm

It’s not 2002 - no one reads Football365
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:29 pm

He's just a sad bitter RatFaced Rag cunt who cannot handle the fact we've overtaken his miserable spunk stain of a club.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Paul68 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:He's just a sad bitter RatFaced Rag cunt who cannot handle the fact we've overtaken his miserable spunk stain of a club.

This.
Wish the cunt would do us all a favour - fuck off and chew on a mains cable
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:54 am

Bear60 wrote:Slating Arsenal and Chelsea's performance against us does anyone else think he is desperate for someone to beat us or is he justified with the things he said to be fair to him he did praise us for the football we are playing

He's a ferret-faced prick.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby IanWright » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:Seem to remember a good few years back Mick McCarthy when in charge of I think Wolves it was, played a virtual reserve team for a fixture at the rags. It drew widespread criticism and the FA in their stupidity tried to impose sanctions until it was pointed out to them that a team had been selected from the squad of 25 which was approved by the FA at the start of the season.

Does beg the question of why, if Chelsea and Arsenal knew they would be so negative and show little to zero interest in trying to play football, did they play first team players who could've got injured or suspended?

I remember when McCarthy did this. We were in the title race (shows how long ago it was)

Wenger, therefore, quite rightly stated that we can only compete with Manchester United for 37 games of the season. (Ended 3-0 to the home side at Old Trafford)

As for Neville, I've switched off from his sanctimonious bullshit. To call fans "idiots", the lifeblood of the sport, yet not call out a manager for clear incompetence because it makes him feel "uncomfortable" just smacks of double standards.

A la putting lipstick on a pig, you can put a suit and tie on a thick bastard but he'll always be a thick bastard
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

I believe I am a progressive bloke, and progressive blokes try not to be harsh on beings already slagged off by Mother Nature.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:02 pm

So, the dippers conceded goals today. They were at least as naive as Arsenal have been recently. Others may think they were shambolic in the first half. I'm hoping the chuckle will show his disgust at such poor defending just as he did for Arsenal. He may instead want to concentrate on Rashford's goal and the second deflected goal, but I hope he is more professional and consistent than that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dimples » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Dimples wrote: If the Rags beat Ars and Chavs like we did, would the focus be on how bad the opposition was or on how great the Rags were?
Neville would be telling us that England will will the World Cup because just look how the academy products of Rashord, Lingard, Smalling, et al. blew away two class teams.

I rest my case (substitute the Dippers for Ars/Chavs)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum