Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Justified logic wrote:
mr_nool wrote:This thread is really getting out of hand. And I don't like the direction it's taking.

You trying to hijack the thread for your own agenda now?

I don't have an agenda apart from not wanting to read anti-Semitic posts on this forum.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
mr_nool wrote:This thread is really getting out of hand. And I don't like the direction it's taking.

I don't have an agenda apart from not wanting to read anti-Semitic posts on this forum.

Where?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:33 pm

would love some replies on this.
have just watched that sort of EPL summary run weekly by the former WHU's Roman fascist winger on SKY Ita.
I spare the shite but it ended with a sort of smooth, reverent piss take at Moaninho, reportedly upset with the way SKY UK broadcasting unfairly treat poor Glory Glory Munichs!!!
I spat the beer I was having and then listened to the special cunt acting his under siege best, after yday match, and saying he couldn't give a toss of what pundits/broadcasters say, for they won and everyone at the Theatre of debts is happy.

now, question is, from first hand England, does it looks like Murdoch is actually repositioning his marketing... or it's just Moaninho at his usual best... maybe trying to set the under siege tune for the last stretch of their CL delusion?

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Swales4ever wrote:would love some replies on this.
have just watched that sort of EPL summary run weekly by the former WHU's Roman fascist winger on SKY Ita.
I spare the shite but it ended with a sort of smooth, reverent piss take at Moaninho, reportedly upset with the way SKY UK broadcasting unfairly treat poor Glory Glory Munichs!!!
I spat the beer I was having and then listened to the special cunt acting his under siege best, after yday match, and saying he couldn't give a toss of what pundits/broadcasters say, for they won and everyone at the Theatre of debts is happy.

now, question is, from first hand England, does it looks like Murdoch is actually repositioning his marketing... or it's just Moaninho at his usual best... maybe trying to set the under siege tune for the last stretch of their CL delusion?

1) SAF always used to moan about how the whole world was against them, despite the fact that most of the media were cheer leaders for them. No change there then.
2) Murdoch's positioning is interesting. He backs winners and successfully peddles the line that he is vital to their success. As soon as it looks like yesterdays winners are tomorrows losers then he switches sides - again pushing the impression that success is impossible without him. Note how 20 years ago he dropped the Tories for Blair.

It wouldn't surprise me that we became the darlings of Sky etc. in the time to come. I think it would be fair to say, that true to form, thay would be riding on the coat tails of our success.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:would love some replies on this.

1) SAF always used to moan about how the whole world was against them, despite the fact that most of the media were cheer leaders for them. No change there then.
2) Murdoch's positioning is interesting. He backs winners and successfully peddles the line that he is vital to their success. As soon as it looks like yesterdays winners are tomorrows losers then he switches sides - again pushing the impression that success is impossible without him. Note how 20 years ago he dropped the Tories for Blair.

It wouldn't surprise me that we became the darlings of Sky etc. in the time to come. I think it would be fair to say, that true to form, thay would be riding on the coat tails of our success.

not only he backs the winners, he has a sensitive talent to seek for niche markets.
for instance, while showing his true nature exploiting ruthlessly the maiden grasses of US conservative media (and we have all paid the price of Roger Ailes playbook by means of global recession) he was equally unfazed positioning his Sky Italia acquisition on the left moderate, since the market his heart beat for (conservative populism) was already stronghold of Berluskoni.

anyways, beside socio-politics, I take that nothing evident is on SKY UK footballing horizon so far. correct?

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Socrates » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 am

Agree completely.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mr_nool » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:42 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Where?

The line hasn't been crossed yet, but insinuating that Jews unrightfully portray themselves as victims ("they tell a good story...") is quite tasteless in my humble opinion. If I've interpreted someone wrongly, I appologise, but that's how I read it.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 am

What about Neville at the end of the game “ 6 minutes added time, wow you never see that at old Trafford when it’s the away team that needs it”
I can’t believe they still get away with all this Fergie time shit with nothing mentioned in the media.
Dirty rag Cnuts
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 am

gmercer1 wrote:What about Neville at the end of the game “ 6 minutes added time, wow you never see that at old Trafford when it’s the away team that needs it”
I can’t believe they still get away with all this Fergie time shit with nothing mentioned in the media.
Dirty rag Cnuts

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Intellectually wise, toe to toe with recent considerations from Ian Rush on his Italian spell memories, methink.
thanks for sharing, can't ever get enough of this raggish comedy gold.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Where?

The line hasn't been crossed yet, but insinuating that Jews unrightfully portray themselves as victims ("they tell a good story...") is quite tasteless in my humble opinion. If I've interpreted someone wrongly, I appologise, but that's how I read it.

The line above isn’t what I said but i think it’s worth me clarifying my point of view.

I’ve worked around the Preswich and Whitefield area a lot, and with people my age (early 30’s) I found a lot of Jewish people I worked with constantly talked about themselves as being the most oppressed group of people on the planet (I think the conversion got brought up during the bombing at MEN arena) and they referred back to the holocaust a hell of a lot during the conversation to justify their point of view. Again, these people being early 30’s and come from a wealthy background and never had to worry about anything in their lives.

I was listening to a podcast the other week where one of the guests said he was referred to as white privledge by someone and his argument was how could he be white when he’s Jewish. That was a genuine statement!! Absolutely crazy.

I guess I just don’t like people referring back to their ‘ancestors’ being persecuted to use as a victim tool, when it didn’t effect them and it kind of takes away from the actual victims stories.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:42 pm

The line WAS crossed and I deleted a post yesterday before the site owner gets prosecuted. I suggest we stick to the media theme
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:51 pm

john@staustell wrote:The line WAS crossed and I deleted a post yesterday before the site owner gets prosecuted. I suggest we stick to the media theme

ooooooo some moderation. Impressive.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Watched the game tonight on a US stream NBC or something like that. Anyway my old favourite Mr Tyler was commentating. Couldn't believe my ears he was totally different than when commentating with SKY.
Just shows how much SKY hate us.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:12 pm

sheblue wrote:Watched the game tonight on a US stream NBC or something like that. Anyway my old favourite Mr Tyler was commentating. Couldn't believe my ears he was totally different than when commentating with SKY.

you're indeed some lucky arse, She!
getting Martin fucking Tyler, outsourced... I would buy a few lottery tickets if I was You. in the ideal world you'd get some hard earned price, methink. ;)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Scatman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 am

sheblue wrote:Watched the game tonight on a US stream NBC or something like that. Anyway my old favourite Mr Tyler was commentating. Couldn't believe my ears he was totally different than when commentating with SKY.

please elaborate
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:17 am

Scatman wrote:

please elaborate

In the larger part he was complementary with fewer snide remarks.
It felt like he had not got the SKY script in front of him.
It was strange.
Still cant stand him though.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am

sheblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

please elaborate

It was strange.

Tyler is a cunt and always will be .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 am

City64 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

please elaborate

It was strange.

If it was targetted at a US audience I wouldn't expect him to be particularly anti-City. He's a populist afterall.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 am

Justified logic wrote:
City64 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

please elaborate

It was strange.

If it was targetted at a US audience I wouldn't expect him to be particularly anti-City. He's a populist afterall.

Not populist just a cunt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:23 am

He was a mixture of compliments and snide.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum