Oleksandr Zinchenko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Oleksandr Zinchenko

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:No room for passengers on our ride to glory. If he's not good enough for the first team he shouldn't get in the way of someone else who is. Hope he shows us he can compete for a starting place when everybody is fit - otherwise it's goodbye & good luck. And that applies to each member of the squad without exception.

I like this. so comprehensively aware!

yet on specific topic I still consider that Pep is gonna make a good utility use of him.
might be wrong though.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Dipstick wrote:Leroy will also occupy a non-home grown place next season. Jesus good for another year.

Completely forgot about this, although I already had this as an issue thinking Pep would keep Zinny over Delph if he was HG.

Hard to see Zinny staying given this, baring him being loaned out to say, Girona for a season, if he wants to try to get into the team the following season. However, then Jesus would have to count as well.

Even with Jesus and Sane no longer on the not counted list, we could look to our academy/former academy players (I think Maffeo will be considered HG?) or go out and buy someone like Maguire and another HG player to replace Vinny as he ages out.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:No room for passengers on our ride to glory. If he's not good enough for the first team he shouldn't get in the way of someone else who is. Hope he shows us he can compete for a starting place when everybody is fit - otherwise it's goodbye & good luck. And that applies to each member of the squad without exception.

yet on specific topic I still consider that Pep is gonna make a good utility use of him.
might be wrong though.

I think the issue is he's young, talented, learning and playing a position he's not used to. Some take more time to learn. Some never learn.

Seems difficult to say, but having a versatile player also has its benefits, and Pep loves him some "utility players" as some here call such types across da pond.

He has some real attacking qualities and is left footed. When Silva goes, we lose one, and I know Stockport Iniesta is as well, but we've seen Zinny effective at times as a LWB against weaker opposition who park the bus. He just does not do it consistently.

He could blossom into a top player. Are Foden and Diaz "passengers?" They are all young and learning, but it is hard to give them regular game time given expectations for the club.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Spurge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Spurge wrote:Apart from weds vs basel i think he's been decent when called upon. He has improved hugely this season and if pep sees the opportunity for further improvement then why consider selling?

Totally agree with that.
Wednesday's game was a shambles with half the team out of position half the match, it'd be very unfair and totally wrong to judge him on that performance.
Other than that he's been sound, I thought he was MOTM against the Chavs.

He is very comfortable on the ball and mostly his distribution is good, Pep insists on his squad members to be able to be competent in more than 1 position and he fits that criteria well. His manager clearly trusts him even if some on here don't.

On an aside I had the pleasure of your brothers and his lads company pre and post match at Wembley the other week. Needless to say a good time was had by all.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

might be wrong though.

I think the issue is he's young, talented, learning and playing a position he's not used to. Some take more time to learn. Some never learn.

Seems difficult to say, but having a versatile player also has its benefits, and Pep loves him some "utility players" as some here call such types across da pond.

He has some real attacking qualities and is left footed. When Silva goes, we lose one, and I know Stockport Iniesta is as well, but we've seen Zinny effective at times as a LWB against weaker opposition who park the bus. He just does not do it consistently.

He could blossom into a top player. Are Foden and Diaz "passengers?" They are all young and learning, but it is hard to give them regular game time given expectations for the club.

correctly translated my take in proper English language, my friend.
I disagree on the last sentence though, if I got it right, on Diaz jury may well still out as he appears still too immaturely in love with the ball (call it Tranny syndrome if You like), but Phil Foden, a passenger???
Phil is gonna be the English Gianni Rivera, pal. kinda think I may have misunderstood what You were saying there.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

might be wrong though.

I disagree on the last sentence though, if I got it right, on Diaz jury may well still out as he appears still too immaturely in love with the ball (call it Tranny syndrome if You like), but Phil Foden, a passenger???
Phil is gonna be the English Gianni Rivera, pal. kinda think I may have misunderstood what You were saying there.

I’m guessing it’s a rhetorical question S4E.
He’s not saying either are passengers, but saying afford Zinchenko, who is only a little older the same leeway.
Correct me if I’m wrong Prez.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:01 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

might be wrong though.

I’m guessing it’s a rhetorical question S4E.
He’s not saying either are passengers, but saying afford Zinchenko, who is only a little older the same leeway.
Correct me if I’m wrong Prez.

am lost IWT, why did You choose the demanding path of the guessing, when it was clearly stated that I wasn't sure of my correct understanding of Prez opinion?
ask instead Prez, if he ever had the impression that I do not rate his proven valuable footballing opinion?

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am

I give up S4E.
You’re on your own.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I give up S4E.
You’re on your own.

being as such since I turned 7, mate.
genuinely even more lost, if possible, upon this additional remark.
oh well...

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I give up S4E.
You’re on your own.

being as such since I turned 7, mate.
genuinely even more lost, if possible, upon this additional remark.
oh well...

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 pm

am sorry JC, so far the download/install of the plugin needed to see youtube video through the phone (supposed to be last gen) has proven too much for my spastic smartphoning skills. ;)
am travelling, hence I must wait for the soonest opportunity to grab a laptop.
but I am already savouring chuckle. :D

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Swales4ever wrote:am sorry JC, so far the download/install of the plugin needed to see youtube video through the phone (supposed to be last gen) has proven too much for my spastic smartphoning skills. ;)

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Some of you lads are full of it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:am sorry JC, so far the download/install of the plugin needed to see youtube video through the phone (supposed to be last gen) has proven too much for my spastic smartphoning skills. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tbf... in the meanwhile I realized at least how to watch it on YouTube.
brilliant stuff as usual, chum!
btw, '59 I still was sperm to be produced and I started smoking a tad later than 7. :mrgreen:

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 pm

sheblue wrote:Some of you lads are full of it.

most of it comes by the well known "forthnight break boredom syndrome", either international or no longer City involved domestic cups.
City have pampered and spoilt us that much, that all the rest is bland.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 am

In some games he’s been good, in some games he hasn’t. Young, foreign and out of position. Nothing he has done has cost us anything yet. I’m ok with him so far.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

mase will locking himself in the bog with this one...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

mase will locking himself in the bog with this one...

Not for me albinos
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 pm

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Probably gone in the summer along with Yaya and Bravo + Delph (sadly). Casualties of us aiming to be the number one team on the planet - ever

I think Delph will stay if fit. And if not fit can't be sold, so..........

I quite like Delph but he's just not good enough for what we are aiming to do. I think he will leave in near future.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum