the bus attack

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the bus attack

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:No fucking about UEFA have charged LFC scum ........, Crowd disturbances , lighting and throwing flares , criminal damage etc etc thrown a whole load at the murdering bastards

Hopefully they will have to play their next home game behind closed doors. See how that atmosphere works then

No decision to be made on punishment by UEFA until May 31st.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby budfox » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:35 pm

I think what happened was extremely serious, and I'd say so if it were our fans doing it to their team bus. Nobody, professional sportsman or otherwise should have to put up with this, and if such behaviour isn't the very definition of a "hate crime" then I don't know what is.

Our players played like they were shit scared, and I reckon some of them were.

UEFA need to stamp on it, and stamp on it now. I for one would like to seem them impose a very big fine and order their CL group games next season to be played behind closed doors.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:53 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:No fucking about UEFA have charged LFC scum ........, Crowd disturbances , lighting and throwing flares , criminal damage etc etc thrown a whole load at the murdering bastards

No hearing until a week after the final though.
Not much use to us.

True but kangaroo court taking place in Manchester next Tuesday also .........
No doubt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our hearing will be the week after the Candle waivers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:56 pm

David Thomson, former Liverpool midfielder, blames Everton fans. One Liverpool fan tweets it could have been City fans. Beyond shame.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:04 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:It must have played some part in unsettling our side. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I read a comment on that other City site, and I hate the fact that I am 100% agreeing with it because the comment in essence it so derogatory.

In the tunnel before the game when our team was assembled, the cameras panning around their white terrified faces. It looked similar to that scene in Gladiator where those in the tunnel waiting to go out and fight in the coliseum were pissing all over their Shoes with fright. Sadly it really did, they were beaten before going on the Pitch last night. That really hurt me.

It was embarrassing, we were comprehensively humiliated, such was the manner of that defeat I fear it might have done real psychological damage to the team. I bet there is not one City fan now more than a bit worried about the Derby . It wasn’t just a defeat; it really was a dreadful demoralizing defeat, complete and utter capitulation. That feels no better in the cold light of day.

Last nights game was what we work so hard, and strive for all season. Our ultimate objective European domination. To throw out a performance like that on the verge of potential greatness was astonishing. I am not a mard arse,I have supported City through thick and thin ,defeats make success taste sweeter. That wasn’t losing a football match after at least trying. That was a spineless cowardly beaten before taking the pitch performance. It is right up there with the worst performances I have ever seen by a City side given the 10s millions we spent on them and plethora of talent on the pitch. Not one of them can hold their head high this morning after that. Physically bullied by a grossly inferior side.

3 times on trot now in the Champions League we have shit our selves in the games that matter at the knock out stage Monaco last season, Real Madrid before that when all we had to do was score a goal, and that shit show last night. I think we need a couple of leaders in the side. It’s alright having all this top talent. All the top European sides have a couple of leaders in them The Glue that keeps them from coming unstuck like we occasionally do.

I agree with a lot of that, one thing you need to consider.....it’s only half time ! We have not 45 but 90 minutes to score at least three goals, something which we have done time and time again this season, including against Liverpool, twice. So whilst the bus incident clearly gave Liverpool a psychological advantage, and I think UEFA should come down very heavy indeed (I would ban them from travelling to our ground for the return leg) if the officials had got the decisions correct we would be coming away with 2-2 or at the very worst 2-1 !!
We were off colour and made a couple of mistakes. Let’s continue the debate after 180 mins, I have a feeling there may be a very different tone.
Last edited by Sparklehorse on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:04 pm

It wasn’t us Lah it’s citeees fault for getting a bus
with windows Never their fault cnuts
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:08 pm

budfox wrote:I think what happened was extremely serious, and I'd say so if it were our fans doing it to their team bus. Nobody, professional sportsman or otherwise should have to put up with this, and if such behaviour isn't the very definition of a "hate crime" then I don't know what is.

Our players played like they were shit scared, and I reckon some of them were.

UEFA need to stamp on it, and stamp on it now. I for one would like to seem them impose a very big fine and order their CL group games next season to be played behind closed doors.

The only problem with that punishment is that it still won’t stop what happened last night as it was outside the stadium, I think a better option is to ban the fans for away ties !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Their scum team needs to be banned for 5 years due to their ''istree'' of people being killed when they are involved.They should be on a permanent suspended sentence.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Their scum team needs to be banned for 5 years due to their ''istree'' of people being killed when they are involved.They should be on a permanent suspended sentence.

I thought they were. After their six-year ban last time and all that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:09 pm

You know, I put the blame down to Pep and his change of tactics/personnel but after now just seeing those videos from inside and outside the coach, then I'm now reviewing my opinion. I've been in that position as a kid, having things hurled at the coach with windows going through, with more coming through the smashed windows. It's fucking terrifying. From the other side I've had to deal with riot situations and had to deal with people caught up in the violence who absolutely petrified, same as some of the guys who were trying to stop it.

They showed a bit of footage of Danilo (?) getting off the coach and you could see the shock on his face as he looked at the smashed window. Then there was the tunnel where we usually see City players coming out as a team, with plenty of joviality and jockeying from the Captain, yet this time it was all very disjointed and awkward. Taking into account that we just couldn't pass a ball when we started, and very unwilling to really push forward, compared to our usual game, then I really do think it affected them more than we think.

Pep was upset and angry about what hapoened, you could tell by his mannerism, and if it affected him then it affected all of them. Did the 'Welcome' have an affect on team selection also, choosing Gundogan over Sterling? Afterall, he did play him on the RW when we all know he can't play there. Did he have chance to change the tactics?

I'm still a little angry at the display but in hindsight, seeing what I've seen now, the anger is now directed elsewhere and firmly in the direction of the Dippers scum, their stinking club who encouraged it, and the dirty fucking plod that allowed it to happen.

What happens next, now they believe this 'Welcome' works? Do they give Barca or Bayern the same treatment, or do we think that the club will discourage it and the Police actively stop the violence? Seems UEFA aren't in a rush to castigate the offender's, just like their officials not being in any rush to call offside decisions correctly or punish clear penalties for certain teams.

Bunch of cunts, the lot of them!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:33 pm

blues2win wrote:David Thomson, former Liverpool midfielder, blames Everton fans. One Liverpool fan tweets it could have been City fans. Beyond shame.

Aldridge was probably the fan that suggested it was City fans.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Hopefully they will have to play their next home game behind closed doors. See how that atmosphere works then

it will be a game vs rags....
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:45 pm

blues2win wrote:David Thomson, former Liverpool midfielder, blames Everton fans. One Liverpool fan tweets it could have been City fans. Beyond shame.

However, President Putin has denied any involvement.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Couple of points.

Liverpool, as a football club are and should be made culpable for the actions of their fans. They by definition encouraged the actions by not trying to stop them. They have previous for this and as was pointed out in CuteMancs pre match thread, this was orchestrated.

That said, we as a football club should have made alternative arrangements knowing what the outcome was likely to be. Not that we should have to, more that the dippers simply can't be trusted and that was proved. The players looked shook up when leaving the bus and understandably so.

Did we have grounds to get the game postponed like Dortmund(?) a couple of years ago? Assuming we looked into it and either the request was denied or it was decided we would carry on regardless, we should've had more focus than we did. Easier said than done I know, but these are professionals who play in hostile atmospheres on a regular basis. As it happened we actually had the better of the opening ten minutes and had appeared to weather the storm, until a collective brain fart by nearly half our team gifted their opener. And it just got worse for the next twenty minutes. At that point of being 1-0 down, did the bus attack play on players minds? I'd suggest not as most players past and present have said that once a game starts they tend to block out external thoughts and concentrate on the task in hand.

For my money, though it was nothing short of disgraceful by both the club and fans, it didn't have an undue bearing on the performance and the result. We will never know of course but Peps tactics and selection I'd suggest we're more mitigating factors in the manner of defeat.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:01 pm

I think we need to be careful of revenge bus attack next week whatever punishment Dippers get
We will get X 10
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:You know, I put the blame down to Pep and his change of tactics/personnel but after now just seeing those videos from inside and outside the coach, then I'm now reviewing my opinion. I've been in that position as a kid, having things hurled at the coach with windows going through, with more coming through the smashed windows. It's fucking terrifying. From the other side I've had to deal with riot situations and had to deal with people caught up in the violence who absolutely petrified, same as some of the guys who were trying to stop it.

They showed a bit of footage of Danilo (?) getting off the coach and you could see the shock on his face as he looked at the smashed window. Then there was the tunnel where we usually see City players coming out as a team, with plenty of joviality and jockeying from the Captain, yet this time it was all very disjointed and awkward. Taking into account that we just couldn't pass a ball when we started, and very unwilling to really push forward, compared to our usual game, then I really do think it affected them more than we think.

Pep was upset and angry about what hapoened, you could tell by his mannerism, and if it affected him then it affected all of them. Did the 'Welcome' have an affect on team selection also, choosing Gundogan over Sterling? Afterall, he did play him on the RW when we all know he can't play there. Did he have chance to change the tactics?

I'm still a little angry at the display but in hindsight, seeing what I've seen now, the anger is now directed elsewhere and firmly in the direction of the Dippers scum, their stinking club who encouraged it, and the dirty fucking plod that allowed it to happen.

What happens next, now they believe this 'Welcome' works? Do they give Barca or Bayern the same treatment, or do we think that the club will discourage it and the Police actively stop the violence? Seems UEFA aren't in a rush to castigate the offender's, just like their officials not being in any rush to call offside decisions correctly or punish clear penalties for certain teams.

Bunch of cunts, the lot of them!

Nice post Beefy .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 pm

carolina-blue wrote:I think we need to be careful of revenge bus attack next week whatever punishment Dippers get
We will get X 10

We have more class than to extract a revenge, I'd like to think anyway.

That said if this was 30+ yrs back and the coach was travelling the back streets of Moss side things would be different I reckon....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:18 pm

carolina-blue wrote:I think we need to be careful of revenge bus attack next week whatever punishment Dippers get
We will get X 10

This is where it starts. Revenge attacks and then the fans getting stuck into each other. Other fans see it and start doing the same. Then the fans are on the pitch fighting and then the cages go back up. I'm not surprised that the most violent set of fans are at the base of this. We've seen before where this ends. Liverpool fans have seen it more than anyone but it makes you wonder if they really care at all.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:19 pm

If I was a footballer and I saw fans doing that I wouldn’t want to play for that club. No way.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
We will get X 10

We have more class than to extract a revenge, I'd like to think anyway.

That said if this was 30+ yrs back and the coach was travelling the back streets of Moss side things would be different I reckon....

All LFC supporters coaches and the team bus have to travel through Salford and Miles Platting / Bradford , all have "notorious " council estates on that route ........ make your own mind up !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum