Once in a lifetime gone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Once in a lifetime gone

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:47 pm

In the schoolyard in the seventies , City v United , a chance to score the goal that wins the game and the league , did I score cannot remember!

We have the best owners in the world and I have always backed them , Pep was a dream manager and the football this season has been wonderfull.

However one man and his arrogance has destroyed not only my dream , but a chance that will probably never come again.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Once in a lifetime gone

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Some people won’t truly understand how you feel mate. But I understand 100%

Going to school and being the only City fan, imagine every time you scored against your rag mate it was at Maine Road.

I hate Pep. I did before this season, and I still do now. We’ve had a great season. Ultimately though, we’ll have won the same amount of trophies as Pellers did in his first season.
Last edited by Mase on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:54 pm

I get it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:59 pm

As much as he and the players have pissed me off in the last 4 days I can't forget that it was their work that made the dream a possibility in the first place.

Losing was so much easier when we were shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I get it.

Same here. The wife tried to say we will still win the PL and that's the most important and we will. But the chance to win it v the rags will likely never happen again. And the fact we were cruising at 2-0 makes it worse.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Everyone is a fucking cunt

2-0 n we get on face from Norwich haired cunt

Better beat scousers. Joker shoulder tried to play false 9 at 70 mins In the week instead of sitting there with his finger up his arse
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:45 pm

I normally don't don't allow football to affect my personal life in the negative form, too many a year as a City fan teaches you that. But when the missus came downstairs an hour or so after the game finished I had a 30 second expletive riddled rant, she gave me a hug and all is back to normal (so she thinks).

As you say it was what some/most of us dreamed of as nippers acting it out in the back yard/garden/school play ground or local field (with goal posts of you were lucky)

A little bit of my childhood died today, 2 nil up, in a derby it's beggars belief.

And if you read this phips, you can just go fuck yourself right now you plastic spastic retardant CUNT.

Do I want to support any shitty fuckin American team in any sport do I fuck as like, go fuck yourself and every other "team" you support you utter CUNT.

You don't get it, at all whatsoever you never will, now fuck off.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Mase wrote:Some people won’t truly understand how you feel mate. But I understand 100%

Going to school and being the only City fan, imagine every time you scored against your rag mate it was at Maine Road.

I hate Pep. I did before this season, and I still do now. We’ve had a great season. Ultimately though, we’ll have won the same amount of trophies as Pellers did in his first season.

Agreed

Anyone that brushed off this loss as no big deal certainly don't come from Manchester and if they do they want to slap themselves in disgust at that way of thinking- my fuckign phone has not stopped recieveing fuckign texts from my munchen friends.....its fuckign made my day putrid.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm

I was just n the school yard as the only City fan too. I had dreams of winning the league against the Rags, but being a City fan for 40 years has taught me life isn't like that. I told those around me today at half time that we would pay for those missed chances. To me, the outcome was inevitable. Typical City is so deeply ingrained.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby budfox » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm

I too chose City because every other fucker supported the rags. That was the best part of 50 years ago. My son loves City, because his Dad does.

Gutted about today, would have been a wonderful way to win this thing, but win it we will.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Those cunts on the pitch will never know what that would have meant to us today, just business to them. This is the stuff we dreamed off, in very fucking wild dreams. Smashing the rags at home to win the league and have a pitch invasion in front of them. You couldn't make it up. And we were fucking half way there and cruising. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we bottled it. Not only bottled it, but Tuesday apparently took precedence. Why? There's no way the scouse cunts won't score at least 2 goals, all they have to do is dare to attack us and our defence crap themselves and their heads start hanging. Awful mentality, we look like flat track bullies and it's just lucky nobody realised that until this week. For all the great footy we've played and all the records that will be broken, this season is ending in a damp squib. They'll all be resting easy tonight though, whilst I'm still trying to decide whether to laugh, cry, smash shit up or get really, really drunk. Whatever I do, what happened today will still be running on a loop on my mind. Cunts.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 pm

100% fidel. can't bear any highlights but saw straight red n pen by tgatvrst young. Joke.

Anyone seen our goals as you must surely see me riding two rows of chairs as the only guy in the bkock. Probably been censored in favour of tunnel club
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:24 am

What everyone above said.

That chance will never happen again.

So disappointed.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:14 am

The highest point in my many years of supporting City was the Aguero moment. The lowest is today ! I I thought losing to red scouse on Wednesday was a low but this one beats it by a country mile. I still can’t believe how that game was thrown away. Playing a weakened team and without a striker for 70 minutes must be the worst decision that Pep has made in his career.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:52 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I was just n the school yard as the only City fan too. I had dreams of winning the league against the Rags, but being a City fan for 40 years has taught me life isn't like that. I told those around me today at half time that we would pay for those missed chances. To me, the outcome was inevitable. Typical City is so deeply ingrained.

I was obviously lucky because there 2 of us out of 120 in my year. You're dead right about typical City. How many times have I seen that since 1970. I've lost count.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:23 am

Still annoyed that Pep ignored, again, the first and most basic rule of modern football.

For this squad to lose at home to the rags , with the position we are in is scandalous, pep needs to look at what he has done. this last week and correct it.

Always start with your strongest eleven.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:51 am

I was and am trying to act cool on the outside and not give the satisfaction to my rag friends who are celebrating like they won the league.

Their irony and celebration is killing me, but as many of you and I am trying to act smooth and tell them that their pathetic display is the only thing that they will celebrate. Our losses is their only wins.

The fact is that this is a tragedy and I feel like shouting of anger. I feel livid, sad and angry because I went through hell with City, I went to fucking relegations, humiliations: ah you support Man City? Ah, that is Man Untd, no?

Fuck off!

It is a tragedy and only us, the fans, will understand how it hurts what happend.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 am

I know it’s a massive gut punch along with the Liverpool result but yesterday’s score line should have been at least 5-3 - if not for a cheating cunt of a ref and sterling not being able to finish his dinner
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 am

Pep:
“I am sorry for the fans, but I think they cannot have complaints“

So so so fuckin out of touch with us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 am

I echo the sentiments in this thread.

Never rest players for a derby and try your utmost to win every single one and never take ur foot off the gas against them, ever.

It annoyed me in the league cup last year but nothing compares to yesterday. U think baconface would have done that if it was opposite way around? Abs not.

I think carl hit nail on the head yeaterday, would pep have done that if it was barca v rm? Abs not. Sick.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum