Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:Jesus! Just when you thought that it couldn't get any worse than Atkinson we have the Spanish twat who refereed our first leg match against Monaco last season.
Somebody at UEFA is taking the piss big time!!

That the 5-3. From what i remember he was atrocious for both teams. Just an all round poor referee.

Have Liverpool or klopp ever played against this ref, might give us some small advantage

One of his little friends on the goal line gave them a penalty for very little, I recall. And I do recall very well indeed because I was stood about ten yards from the incident.

I expect more of the same. We can still do it though.

And it was the first time in living memory that one of those useless cunts behind the goal had actually given anything.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 pm

How long before you give up on football altogether?

I’m probably going to give it the summer and see, but I’m already not arsed about football anymore. I love City but I remember I used to watch any football match that was on. Now I’ll watch City and that’s it. Just can’t be bothered with football.

It’s been ruined by incompetent refs. Football has evolved and officiating hasn’t.
Last edited by Mase on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Mase wrote:It’s been ruined by incompetent refs. Football has evolved and officiating hasn’t.

I think they did, pal, I think they did. I remember bent refs, but I really do not remember they being this bent back in the day.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Grandad Rosler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Mase wrote:How long before you give up on football altogether?

I’m probably going to give it the summer and see, but I’m already not arsed about football anymore. I love City but I remember you used to watch any football match that was on. Now I’ll watch City and that’s it. Just can’t be bothered with football.

It’s been ruined by incompetent refs. Football has evolved and officiating hasn’t.

We have just been saying the same. The last three games have shown how the incompetence of officials can ruin the game. Its demoralising and I sat that without an ounce of over exaggeration.

Yes we don't help ourselves with wank defending and coming out for second halves a completely different team at times but you shouldn't have to play against 14 men each time you step out onto the pitch. It's beyond cheating
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:18 pm

We go 2 nil up and we win the game.....the players looked dejected and who the fuck can blame them.

Im expecting PEP to tell it how it is post match .

Fuck the CL..I fuckign hate the competition.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 pm

I’m probably going to give it the summer and see, but I’m already not arsed about football anymore. I love City but I remember I used to watch any football match that was on. Now I’ll watch City and that’s it. Just can’t be bothered with football.

This is exactly what they want you (and City's owners) to do, Mase. Then they can carry on raking in their money from the sheep who follow the munichs and dippers of this world.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Sane is doing my head in.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

This is exactly what they want you (and City('s owners) to do, Mase. Then they can carry on raking in their money from the sheep who follow the munichs and dippers of this world.

I’m guessing the owners have tried to stop it though mate. If they can’t stop it what’s the answer? We can absolutely demolish teams and not win due to cheating.

I’m hoping Pep says something after the game. I’m hoping our owners speak with Uefa. I’m hoping someone does something.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:38 pm

It's all in your head.

Never, ever forget that.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's all in your head.

Never, ever forget that.

just like our inability to finish isn't an issue...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It's all in your head.

Never, ever forget that.

just like our inability to finish isn't an issue...

Not mutually exclusive mate.

If VAR was active for the last week, we'd be premier league champions and in a tussle for the champs league semi.

I don't think I'm exaggerating?
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 am

I think the end game is we create our own league.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:53 am

Didn’t watch the game work . Haven’t read much either except here and a bit of muen, But again sounds like we have been shafted and I fully understand people wanting to throw the towel in .the shit is just blatant . Yes we have failings no doubt but for ffs We have owners who are putting billions into Football world wide Not milking it like most of the Cunts
Yet that’s not enough for the Uefa sky shower of shit
Fukin pissed off
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:09 am

Yes, without doubt for me, last 3 matches we have been shafted, big time. Firstly by the appointment of "non-neutral" officials, and then by the implementation, from those officials, of a series of "one sided" game changing decisions, which I assume VAR would have corrected.

At Anfield we had a German team of officials, even though their manager was German. We had a Stonewall penalty denied, a legitimate goal disallowed incorrectly for offside, and an offside goal allowed against us.

Against the rags, we had a referee who had previously shown highly publicised bias in a derby match against us. We had 2 stonewall penalties and a sending off denied, plus an offside goal allowed against us. He Refused to stop play for a potentially serious injury and gave strange decisions through the match.

Last night, we had a Spanish referee with history against Pep, even though Pep has been publicly campaigning against independence against Spain. Then a legitimate goal disallowed incorrectly for offside and a potential sending off ignored, as well as other strange decisions in the match.

It is the football institutions of UEFA and the FA that are sanctioning these non-independent appointments. I would like to think VAR would help, perhaps why they are so slow to introduce it.
What can we do?
Last edited by Plain Speaking on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:20 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Yes without doubt for me, last 3 matches we have been shafted, big time, firstly by the appointment of "non-neutral" officials, and then by the implementation of a series of one sided game changing decisions, which I assume VAR would have corrected.

At Anfield we had a German team of officials, even though their manager was German. We had a Stonewall penalty denied, a legitimate goal disallowed incorrectly for offside, and an offside goal allowed against us.

Against the rags, we had a referee who had previous shown unprecedented bias in a derby match against us. We had 2 stonewall penalties and a sending off denied, plus an offside goal allowed against us.

Last night, we had a Spanish referee with history against Pep, even though Pep has been publicly campaign against independence against Spain. Then a legitimate goal disallowed incorrectly for offside and a potential sending off ignored, as well as other strange decisions in the match.

It is the football institutions of UEFA and the FA that are sanctioning these non-independent appointments. I would like to think VAR would help, perhaps why they are so slow to introduce it.
What can we do?

These are fair points, but no amount of soul searching like this is going to do anything about Otto's cock up last night, or the ball perfectly deflecting for the ox in the first game, Salah getting a knock in last night from Ederson's block when he could not keep hold of the ball, or when he actually deflected Salah's goal into the net in the first game ( when it might have hit Kompany and be blocked !).

City's goal last night was a clean and sweet move. Van winkle was complaining about a shove from Sterling , when he was off balance and falling over any way after a bad pass. So we got the break there but the goal was clean ( like the ox's).

As for last saturday, well any other day and we could have had double figures. Could have ,would have, should have.

Nah, i think in hindsight Pep will admit he went against his own logic , that we have seem for the most past this season.

Officials have not been able to stop teams playing good honest football. As is proving in the PL, playing the ball and not the man or the ref, will always win out in the end.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:38 am

These last three defeats are all contenders in the Referee Cheating Performance of the Season Awards
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 am

I fear the apparent institutional bias will reduce Pep's length of potential contract with us.
With proper appointments and competent refereeing we would currently be record breaking PL champions and possibly through to a CL semi final? If VAR was used and you assume the stonewall penalties would have been given and converted and incorrect offside goals corrected, Anfield would have been a 2-2 draw. The Derby a 4-1 win and last night a 2-2 draw.
Last edited by Plain Speaking on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Speaking

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:49 am

And VAR won’t solve the problem, we’ve already seen it’s fallable and is too reliant on the ref to decide whether to use it or not. I hold out no hope of things improving in the future. The ref last night has obviously got a real issue with Pep and glad to see he called him out over it
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 am

Dunnylad wrote:And VAR won’t solve the problem, we’ve already seen it’s fallable and is too reliant on the ref to decide whether to use it or not. I hold out no hope of things improving in the future. The ref last night has obviously got a real issue with Pep and glad to see he called him out over it

It's not necessarily perfect but you would imagine a big improvement on the current system in terms of fairness. Assuming VAR was used in a similar way to that used in the recent England international, our penalties should have been given. The official notifies the referee he may have missed an obvious error like Young's handball or studs up follow through on Sergio or Robertson's foul on Sterling at Anfield, it's harder to ignore when reviews are possible.

You would assume most of the offside incorrect calls for goals would be sorted also?
Plain Speaking

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:26 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:And VAR won’t solve the problem, we’ve already seen it’s fallable and is too reliant on the ref to decide whether to use it or not. I hold out no hope of things improving in the future. The ref last night has obviously got a real issue with Pep and glad to see he called him out over it

It's not necessarily perfect but you would imagine a big improvement on the current system in terms of fairness. Assuming VAR was used in a similar way to that used in the recent England international, our penalties should have been given. The official notifies the referee he may have missed an obvious error like Young's handball or studs up follow through on Sergio or Robertson's foul on Sterling at Anfield, it's harder to ignore when reviews are possible.

You would assume most of the offside incorrect calls for goals would be sorted also?

I would go with the rugby method. When VAR is involved, we, the audience, hear what the officials and the bent, sorry, the ref talk.
Everything on the view, no chance on hiding. Also, like in tennis, the teams will have a chance to use VAR at their demand.

This will fucking break their corrupt system.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum