Is There Still Any Doubt?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are games decided before a ball is kicked?

No, it's all fair and square.
7%
Yes, the cheating corrupt bastards!
93%

Total votes : 67

Is There Still Any Doubt?

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:48 am

I know nobody else cares but is there still any doubt in Blues minds that those in power dictate how games end?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Is There Still Any Doubt?

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 am

I don’t think games are decided before a ball has been kicked. There’s no way the officials have that much influence. That’s not to say individual referees influence decisions which are crucial to the games because it’s clear they do. But if a side makes enough clear chances and converts a good number of them then there’s not a lot a referee or linesman can do to directly change a games course.

The Derby game on Saturday being a case in point. The referee didn’t award a penalty or a yellow against Young early doors which he could easily have done. But we overcame that and got the two goal lead and with better finishing could have gone into the break four or five goals to the good and its game over. The rags then got back into the game but none of their goals were dodgy, just down to poor defending. Yes we should have had a penalty with Young being sent off but the point remains that we were in control and our own shortcomings contributed to the defeat more than the officials
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 am

They cant dictate how games end, but they can damage us and clearly that has been done.

Just want to add I do not think UEFA will ever let us anywhere near a CL final.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 am

First Champions League Leg, a German referee, managing a game with a German manager. :roll: :roll:

Second Champions League Leg, a Spanish Referee, managing a game with a manager wearing a yellow ribbon, a Catalan separatist, wanting a free Catalonia away from Spain. :roll: :roll:

Agenda ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby phips » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:28 pm

still no doubt from me that there's no fix in.

i saw nothing last night that made me think it was fixed. i saw a shite referee that is card-happy and likes to make it about it--a Spanish Mark Clattenburg, if you will--but nothing about him made me think he had an agenda of his own and/or from UEFA.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

I've voted yes, only because it's a black and white choice given.
There should be several shades of grey there too.

I think NB is fairly spot on, but I also think we probably underestimate the psychological damage being done to our players, having to constantly deal with a perception of unfairness or just blatant cheating. I my self have called out some as being weak minded, but I think perhaps this cheating does take it's toll on them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Would Cloughie be so meek and tolerant about it ? Mal ? Bacon ? Would they f*k !
Pep should be bitching his gob off about this at EVERY press conference, wih video footage to PROVE IT.
NO MORE MR. NICE GUY ! Nice guys get shat on by these SCUM. Fined ? OK, pay the fine , then rant about it again and again EVERY FRIGGING TIME. The club can afford the fine , and every time we highlight it , with video footage, the elephant in the room gets BIGGER AND BIGGER .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Yes , only at the highest level where all the huge money and power is to manipulate the outcome of certain games where there is a lot at stake for certain clubs versus other certain clubs . It will only be blown wide open when a “whistle blower” speaks out but the tv companies , UEFA the FA etc pay former players / managers etc handsomely to keep to the hymm sheet rig draws refs to ref to what they are told . Pretty sure all these said people who earn a living in the corrupt world of football have to sign a confidentiality agreement aswell ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:29 pm

We need Stormy Daniels to BLOW ..,........,.........................
The Whistle :D
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:32 pm

We now know that referees are told to change their statements and that PiGMOL pay a 'Retirement' payout as long as the referee keeps quiet about what went on through the years they were there.

Makes you think, doesn't it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm

To call Atkinson et al prostitutes is an insult to prostitutes ; these WHORES don't sell their body they sell their SOUL.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:35 pm

phips wrote:still no doubt from me that there's no fix in.

i saw nothing last night that made me think it was fixed. i saw a shite referee that is card-happy and likes to make it about it--a Spanish Mark Clattenburg, if you will--but nothing about him made me think he had an agenda of his own and/or from UEFA.

So, mate, you think that in the last 3 games where every decision went against us, and for them, that the ref just 'made a mistake'?

I wonder what you thought about all those horrendous challenges earlier in the season, or the sending off of Walker etc?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 pm

I want to say it is a fix. I was convinced they are trying to get a final between Barcelona and Real, but there were some weird decision against the catalans also last night which I never saw in the past.

I reckon City and Paris Saint Germain, with their owners and money, are trying to break the G8 (or is it G14) and maybe those fucks do not want that.
Since we broke into the UCL in 2011, we had two groups of deaths, two times we faced Barcelona in the last 16, then PSG, so one of us would had been out, also a game when we got a penalty, remember? Then Madrid. On the other hand, PSG had it worst than us, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real, us. I fail to remember an easy opponent in the knockouts, even if they won their group or not.

On the other hand, for the competition, if Real wins it again will be bad. Bad for business.
I still don't think Liverpool have the power behind the curtains to win, do they?

And on the local part, it is bent as could it be. What I like is that fans of other teams, that are not knobheads, see it too, and many of them support us when it comes down to the wire.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 pm

No, in my mind there is no doubt. It is bent.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:I want to say it is a fix. I was convinced they are trying to get a final between Barcelona and Real, but there were some weird decision against the catalans also last night which I never saw in the past.

I reckon City and Paris Saint Germain, with their owners and money, are trying to break the G8 (or is it G14) and maybe those fucks do not want that.
Since we broke into the UCL in 2011, we had two groups of deaths, two times we faced Barcelona in the last 16, then PSG, so one of us would had been out, also a game when we got a penalty, remember? Then Madrid. On the other hand, PSG had it worst than us, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real, us. I fail to remember an easy opponent in the knockouts, even if they won their group or not.

On the other hand, for the competition, if Real wins it again will be bad. Bad for business.
I still don't think Liverpool have the power behind the curtains to win, do they?

And on the local part, it is bent as could it be. What I like is that fans of other teams, that are not knobheads, see it too, and many of them support us when it comes down to the wire.

What happened in the Roma game mate, didn't see it?

With regard to teams going through, if Real and Bayern go through tonight (both at home, both ahead) then there'll be a representative from the 4 best leagues, and probably the 4 largest TV rights.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I want to say it is a fix. I was convinced they are trying to get a final between Barcelona and Real, but there were some weird decision against the catalans also last night which I never saw in the past.

What happened in the Roma game mate, didn't see it?

With regard to teams going through, if Real and Bayern go through tonight (both at home, both ahead) then there'll be a representative from the 4 best leagues, and probably the 4 largest TV rights.

From what I understood, they had a penalty and a red card. Also, at the end, Roma's keeper hit Pique (when Dembele tried the lob). That would had been red card, with no other changes for the italians and 5 minutes to go.
I think the penalty at Edin was right, though.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
phips wrote:still no doubt from me that there's no fix in.

So, mate, you think that in the last 3 games where every decision went against us, and for them, that the ref just 'made a mistake'?

I wonder what you thought about all those horrendous challenges earlier in the season, or the sending off of Walker etc?

You could argue maybe in the rags game that Atkinson may have missed one of the incidents. But there was the handball from Young and then the studs first lunge.

You could argue last night the officials may have cocked up once. But no, it’s offside goals not given, penalties not given. Over the course of both legs you look at the decisions he ref has made and it’s not just one he may have missed - it’s loads. That’s blatant. It’s not a mistake.
Last edited by Mase on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Yesterday UEFA send the same Spanish ref of the Monaco home game in March 2017. How many other European refs could be designed at the place of this fuckin' bastard? One hundred? Is there still any doubt that UEFA and Mafia are just the same? #CTWD
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BookJunior » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:09 pm

The seedings next year will tell the same old story.

EDIT: They want money off City as well now for the UEFA Slush Fund.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:Yesterday UEFA send the same Spanish ref of the Monaco home game in March 2017. How many other European refs could be designed at the place of this fuckin' bastard? One hundred? Is there still any doubt that UEFA and Mafia are just the same? #CTWD

I found it strange that a German team officiated the first leg and that a Spanish team officiated the 2nd. Could be argued that the German team favoured Klopp and the Spanish team hated Guardiola.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum