Pep...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep...

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:44 am

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:Best manager we have ever had, best manager there has ever been...

Keep the faith, be patient and he will make us the best team in history.

We've had the week from he'll and we could have played better in certain moments. Pep could have done things better also of course.

But I'm not silly enough to think one week strips him of everything he's achieved this season.

Tbh mate, the ones piping up are the ones who wanted him gone last season I think.

he was 30 ft from me on Tuesday, I would not want to sit next to him at a game, he was like a loony he has more passion than the haters would ever give him credit for. He knew the ref fooked us over, he just wanted it out there. Some fans need to stop with the never happy, we are having the piss taken out of us. That is a fact, the tackles the off-sides and goals not not given the Warnocks telling Pep to get used to it it's England, after his player tried to break Sane's leg
tells you all we are treated like leppers, I do wish City would let rip in pressers, what have they got to lose. Mike Riley silence on no refs at the W.C ? they do not give a toss about the pinnacle of the career, They are part of an unknown body ruining football and keeping the likes of us and PSG in out place IMHO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 am

Dear Mr. Guardiola,
I’d like you to respect our opinion that uefa and it’s corruption need to be booed in the same way we respect your opinion on your homeland and your yellow ribbon. If you can’t find it in you to show us a little bit of respect and understanding for an issue that means a lot to us, please kindly remove the yellow ribbon when representing our club because if we can’t express our opinion, neither can you.
Thank you very much
Yours sincerely,
Tokyo Blue

—————

Ive no complaints on the football side of things but he really, really needs to show a bit of empathy with the fans on this.

I suspect he thinks the refereeing is because of him, which it clearly isn’t as it was happening long before he came to the club.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:Best manager we have ever had, best manager there has ever been...

Keep the faith, be patient and he will make us the best team in history.

We've had the week from he'll and we could have played better in certain moments. Pep could have done things better also of course.

But I'm not silly enough to think one week strips him of everything he's achieved this season.

Tbh mate, the ones piping up are the ones who wanted him gone last season I think.

he was 30 ft from me on Tuesday, I would not want to sit next to him at a game, he was like a loony he has more passion than the haters would ever give him credit for. He knew the ref fooked us over, he just wanted it out there. Some fans need to stop with the never happy, we are having the piss taken out of us. That is a fact, the tackles the off-sides and goals not not given the Warnocks telling Pep to get used to it it's England, after his player tried to break Sane's leg
tells you all we are treated like leppers, I do wish City would let rip in pressers, what have they got to lose. Mike Riley silence on no refs at the W.C ? they do not give a toss about the pinnacle of the career, They are part of an unknown body ruining football and keeping the likes of us and PSG in out place IMHO.

This 100%
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:11 am

Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Dear Mr. Guardiola,
I’d like you to respect our opinion that uefa and it’s corruption need to be booed in the same way we respect your opinion on your homeland and your yellow ribbon. If you can’t find it in you to show us a little bit of respect and understanding for an issue that means a lot to us, please kindly remove the yellow ribbon when representing our club because if we can’t express our opinion, neither can you.
Thank you very much
Yours sincerely,
Tokyo Blue

—————

Ive no complaints on the football side of things but he really, really needs to show a bit of empathy with the fans on this.

I suspect he thinks the refereeing is because of him, which it clearly isn’t as it was happening long before he came to the club.

Exactly what I was saying to this fucking idiot yesterday .

And for some fans who don’t know the difference , no one wants pep gone , that would be madness , some of us just do not like the cunt at all .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:24 pm

This is our prime golden time as a club. I can't think of a better manager in World football than Pep. The thought of Patrick Vieira coming after is not enticing!

If the powers nobble us now to ensure we don't win some important matches and trophies, it is going to be extremely difficult when we have the likes of Patrick Vieira, (or whoever?), in charge.

The corruption/injustice needs to be exposed, but who else besides City fans wants to change the existing system?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:This is our prime golden time as a club. I can't think of a better manager in World football than Pep. The thought of Patrick Vieira coming after is not enticing!

If the powers nobble us now to ensure we don't win some important matches and trophies, it is going to be extremely difficult when we have the likes of Patrick Vieira, (or whoever?), in charge.

The corruption/injustice needs to be exposed, but who else besides City fans wants to change the existing system?

If other clubs we're seeing what we see every week then I'm sure they'd want to see a change. We've been there against the old Sky 4 and I always remember thinking prior to a big game that at least we will only be shit on for this game, at least we have probably another 15 teams where we won't.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Before Guardiola arrived i posted a few times on the style of football at Barca and that i for one was not convinced.

Since he has been here i have noticed that he has changed the approach since his Barca days.
So what this means (for me at least) is that he is progressing and adapting as a manager... no surprise there really is there.

Barca categorically had no plan B when they couldn't get through packed defences.
City have plan B, C, D, E ... etc

He doesn't strike me as stupid, stubborn yes but not stupid enough to not realise that he has to look at what happened in the last 3 games.
So i think we will see a reaction, hopefully one that allows this team to adapt the balance between front and back. It isn't necessarily helpful to compress a team into their own box, our most fluid and easiest goals have come from turning over possession with space to run into.
Compressing a team also leaves us more vunerable to the counter, as we all know and are aware.

I hope Pep starts to realise this and looks to adapt his setups. We need a stronger defence that is for sure, but i hope that he doesn't see that only as the need for a change in players, imo that would not solve the problem, as we have decent defenders who get in panic situations cos they get caught out. I know pace would help but isn't the complete solution.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:This is our prime golden time as a club. I can't think of a better manager in World football than Pep. The thought of Patrick Vieira coming after is not enticing!

If other clubs we're seeing what we see every week then I'm sure they'd want to see a change. We've been there against the old Sky 4 and I always remember thinking prior to a big game that at least we will only be shit on for this game, at least we have probably another 15 teams where we won't.

Problem is it's usually against the top 4 clubs, (and CL opposition), where the silverware can be won and lost. We have been royally screwed this last week by officials in all our games. Next season all the top 4 will be significantly stonger. Liverpool will get Keita and a better GK. United will spend big again (Bale, Fred etc.) plus Chelsea and Arsenal will strengthen. We need to expose the corruption and injustice plus get in VAR. We may even have a transfer ban and FFP2 to hinder us?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:38 pm

I think has a plan A+ and A.

Mancini had a plan A B C and D hence why we had 4 top strikers.

We have 1.5 strikers now.

Dzeko took some shit here but how good would it have been to have him available in the last 3 games, just to lump it to him and play percentage football to try and squeeze a goal. I’d don’t want him back, but he option like that is always nice to have.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Crossie wrote:I think has a plan A+ and A.

Dzeko took some shit here but how good would it have been to have him available in the last 3 games, just to lump it to him and play percentage football to try and squeeze a goal. I’d don’t want him back, but he option like that is always nice to have.

Exactly. Edin would be great in this team
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Problem is it's usually against the top 4 clubs, (and CL opposition), where the silverware can be won and lost. We have been royally screwed this last week by officials in all our games. Next season all the top 4 will be significantly stonger. Liverpool will get Keita and a better GK. United will spend big again (Bale, Fred etc.) plus Chelsea and Arsenal will strengthen. We need to expose the corruption and injustice plus get in VAR. We may even have a transfer ban and FFP2 to hinder us?

Teams will strengthen but so will we. One thing you cannot change is how a manager utilises those players and on the current crops, we ain't doing too bad.

No VAR though, and maybe a bond looking at the way they've tried to implement it and as for FFP2, I think we've skipped that gate now ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 pm

These balls we put in the box where there’s absolutely no one there Dzeko would gobble up!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Just a thought ........

Both rags and dippers could very well possibly win absolutely fuck all this season between them !

Fuck all !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 pm

City64 wrote:Just a thought ........

Both rags and dippers could very well possibly win absolutely fuck all this season between them !

Fuck all !!!

Really hope so. I’ve never been one to cheer English sides in Europe. If it’s not City I want the other fuckers to lose.

Think Spurs will beat the rags in the semi and surely the dippers have used up all their luck against us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Fuck all !!!

Really hope so. I’ve never been one to cheer English sides in Europe. If it’s not City I want the other fuckers to lose.

Think Spurs will beat the rags in the semi and surely the dippers have used up all their luck against us

Exactly notts they both have it all to do . They both take glory in beating us that's how big we are and how big our reputation is and how good our football is . Neither of those two clubs or there shit fans would ever ever give us any credit for anything they know they are nowhere near us , we are one fucking huge massive scalp world wide that's how big we are that's how big our reputation is and that is HOW FAR PEP HAS TOOK US . The fucking passion in Pep a guy who doesn't do second best and strives for beautiful football ........ any fan on this planet would die for what we have ffs !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm

I think the powers that are ruining football have somehow got a RAG reffing the scum seni final !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 pm

zuricity wrote:

Constantly trying to weave the ball into midgets all the time gets a bit predictable...
It would be nice to have a tall powerful striker. Not to lump it to though. For kev to find now and again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Fuck all !!!

That's an interesting one mate as I always used to support the English teams in Europe (bar the Rags of course). It was only when we started to go compete that my view changed.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:01 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Constantly trying to weave the ball into midgets all the time gets a bit predictable...
It would be nice to have a tall powerful striker. Not to lump it to though. For kev to find now and again.

I miss Edin.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum