Is There Still Any Doubt?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are games decided before a ball is kicked?

No, it's all fair and square.
7%
Yes, the cheating corrupt bastards!
93%

Total votes : 67

Re: Is There Still Any Doubt?

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:But that's it mate, it will never come out because there's too much at stake for everybody invested in the game. From those who run the league's, the media, the fans, and even the government, nobody wants to see if there is an issue in this country because it's the world's favourite event.

As long as everybody goes about their business and the fans have their sense of community, everybody turns a blind eye.

Just like people complaining in this very thread, as long as there's a game, we'll still watch our team. It's part of us, just like an extended family.

Another issue is that fans don't pull in the same direction. We all complain about what happens to our club, but take the piss out of other fans when they get shafted. The inherent tribalism in football works like a perfect "divide and conquer" for the powers that be.

Yep, the Rag/Dipper/Spud/Chav/Arse cheating cunts, but I'll laugh if it ever happens to them. All in the name of banter though ;-)

In fairness it has happened to Chelsea Vs. Barcelona 1-1 in CL semi 2nd leg 2009
They were cheated that night. It was so blatant. Drogba lost the head after the match.

Also happened to Arsenal when they were level in the 2nd leg woth Barca before Van Persie was sent off for being offside.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 pm

I went to Aintree today. Had a really good result in the first race but I didn't celebrate. I found myself, inadvertently, looking for a ref running along waving his arms to negate the result. That thought just flashed across my mind from nowhere, but it does show how ridiculous those 3 games in 6 days were.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Outcast » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 pm

john68 wrote:
Outcast wrote:The old say; 'these things even themselves out'- well fuck me three games in a row decisions going against us? Whether we played poorly is irrelevant, in tight matches every advantage counts. If we came back with 3-1 defeat against the dippers the pendulum would have swung in our favour going into the next 2 matches but as it stood left us with a mountain to climb. As it stood, Pep should have played full strength against the munchens and secured the title then gamble against the dippers; to bounce back from two defeats against top sides in short space was rather an impossible task. I suppose this is all hindsight now.

The old say fuck all like that. As an old fukker, I have been banging on about corruption on this site for a number of years.

Could it be the young that are inexperienced and naive that have ignored this issue? Or would that have be just as stupid sa statement?

Try the media, the pundits and other mainstream media outlets for their contiuous brainwashing that refs are human and we all make mistakes.

I stand corrected. Bloody autocorrect. I've joined in this week so still relatively a virgin to finding my way around the commenting section albeit I've been following this site for years.. hope the veterans go easy on me haha. My point is, whenever I've argued about recent decisions they throw the old chestnut 'decisions even themselves out throughout course of the season'. Well you can't call it luck when they go against us 3 games in a row; there has to be more to it than just poor refereeing. I'm not sure I would consider myself 'young'n' at 38 :roll:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:55 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I went to Aintree today. Had a really good result in the first race but I didn't celebrate. I found myself, inadvertently, looking for a ref running along waving his arms to negate the result. That thought just flashed across my mind from nowhere, but it does show how ridiculous those 3 games in 6 days were.

Ha ha ha, always get to the Tic-Tac before they change their minds ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I went to Aintree today. Had a really good result in the first race but I didn't celebrate. I found myself, inadvertently, looking for a ref running along waving his arms to negate the result. That thought just flashed across my mind from nowhere, but it does show how ridiculous those 3 games in 6 days were.

A prince amongst thieves ! All them scousers dressed up like a dogs dinner rattling on and on and on , you deserve a medal pal ! :D

Testify @ 25/1 EW 14.50 Aintree tomorrow 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Outcast wrote:
john68 wrote:
Outcast wrote:The old say; 'these things even themselves out'- well fuck me three games in a row decisions going against us? Whether we played poorly is irrelevant, in tight matches every advantage counts. If we came back with 3-1 defeat against the dippers the pendulum would have swung in our favour going into the next 2 matches but as it stood left us with a mountain to climb. As it stood, Pep should have played full strength against the munchens and secured the title then gamble against the dippers; to bounce back from two defeats against top sides in short space was rather an impossible task. I suppose this is all hindsight now.

The old say fuck all like that. As an old fukker, I have been banging on about corruption on this site for a number of years.

Could it be the young that are inexperienced and naive that have ignored this issue? Or would that have be just as stupid sa statement?

Try the media, the pundits and other mainstream media outlets for their contiuous brainwashing that refs are human and we all make mistakes.

I stand corrected. Bloody autocorrect. I've joined in this week so still relatively a virgin to finding my way around the commenting section albeit I've been following this site for years.. hope the veterans go easy on me haha. My point is, whenever I've argued about recent decisions they throw the old chestnut 'decisions even themselves out throughout course of the season'. Well you can't call it luck when they go against us 3 games in a row; there has to be more to it than just poor refereeing. I'm not sure I would consider myself 'young'n' at 38 :roll:

There's always a miserable 'Owd cant' who'll call you out on here mate, don't take it personally, especially if it's just a typo. I got it but then again, I've still got the knack of reading between the lines ;-)

Enjoy.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby little boy blue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 pm

we all hear that off tv pundits that it al works out in the end BUT with some referees I very much doubt it remember some of there decisions ie offside.no penalty.clear foul.lots decisions not given refereer plays on no wonder players and fans get frustrated but you have to wonder what the f@ck is going on and more important where is it comming from is the very top both F,A, and UEFA
little boy blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchestercity
My favourite player is: davidsilva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 pm

City64 wrote:

A prince amongst thieves ! All them scousers dressed up like a dogs dinner rattling on and on and on , you deserve a medal pal ! :D

Testify @ 25/1 EW 14.50 Aintree tomorrow 8-)

I always like a tip! I'll be on that tomorrow. Cheers 8-)
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:31 am

Fred Crellin on Facebook at the beginning of the season did some "Eye on the Ref" videos. After about a month we started seeing the refs improve and the dodgy decisions disappeared. So he stopped.

Too soon it seems.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:34 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Outcast wrote:
john68 wrote:

There's always a miserable 'Owd cant' who'll call you out on here mate, don't take it personally, especially if it's just a typo. I got it but then again, I've still got the knack of reading between the lines ;-)

Enjoy.

You know me too well Beefers. Correct on every count.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 am

john68 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Outcast wrote:
john68 wrote:

Enjoy.

You know me too well Beefers. Correct on every count.

Love ya man ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 am

dazby wrote:Fred Crellin on Facebook at the beginning of the season did some "Eye on the Ref" videos. After about a month we started seeing the refs improve and the dodgy decisions disappeared. So he stopped.

Too soon it seems.

A coincidence.

The powers that be don’t give a fuck about Fred Crellin.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 am

edge275 wrote:
dazby wrote:Fred Crellin on Facebook at the beginning of the season did some "Eye on the Ref" videos. After about a month we started seeing the refs improve and the dodgy decisions disappeared. So he stopped.

Too soon it seems.

A coincidence.

The powers that be don’t give a fuck about Fred Crellin.

who the fuck is fred crellin??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

I'm glad someone asked as i haven't a clue either
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:38 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

The bloke off Facebook.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

The bloke off Facebook.

One of Dazby's mates. Got 72 Facebook friends.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 am

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

The bloke off Facebook.

One of Dazby's mates. Got 72 Facebook friends.

just looked him up. he's the gingerest man i have ever seen.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:24 am

Lol, what a fucking draw.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:26 am

Dippers drawn Roma. They seem ecstatic about the draw. Like I predicted, this will be their downfall. If they and the rags fail to win anything this season, this will without doubt compensate for an abysmal week. Com'on Dkezko
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:28 am

I hope when Kolarov scores the winner he takes his shirt off and reveals a City shirt with the message: I love you, Mase!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum